• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ACTrugbyOracle

Grammar have their best oppotunity in years to take this out. The competition is even close to what it has been.

I agree, as long a injurys don't plague them they are red hot contenders to take out the title with eddies and Marist being so poor this year. There's talk of grammar going undefeated this year and to take out the title. Do you think they can do it?

A

ACTrugbyOracle

I heard the halfback on the bench for 1sts has quite a bit of talent as well

A

ACTrugbyOracle

He is good, but I heard Brodie Ingram is quite good played 9 against UNI Norths for the 1st XV. He is tall for a halfback (6'2") but is quite good all round with a strong bullet pass and good kicking game. Him and Singh off the bench are very good

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Who
I agree, as long a injurys don't plague them they are red hot contenders to take out the title with eddies and Marist being so poor this year. There's talk of grammar going undefeated this year and to take out the title. Do you think they can do it?

Who is coaching Grammar this year? Does this have anything to do with their vast improvement as well as their player depth?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Connor Barrett?

Can't comment 100% on who else has been assisting, but I know Easts have had their head coach up there assisting at times - logical as the majority of the club is Grammar old boys as opposed to St Edmunds.

A

ACTrugbyOracle

Yeh he is the coach, I don't think he helps at all. I think him and the school sergeant coach both 1sts and 2nds

M

MellowCat

The real unsung hero for Grammar this season has been Matt Devereux on the wing. Getting an oppurtunity in the 1st XV after some injuries in the outside backs, Devereux had been a revelation in the undefeated Grammar backline. Hard-hits, blistering speed and a constant threat to the opposition's try line sum up this future star's game. Desperately close to getting a call-up to the ACT Schoolboys squad, this kid is worth watching for the rest of the season.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
With competition like that it would be hard for them not to. Give Seb 'Prince' Singh a run off the bench and lets see what he can do.
What do you mean with competition like that? Those two schools, eddies in paricular have been wiping the rest of the ACT like a dirty bum for the past two decades at least. I dont think one good team in a lifet ime gives people/schools/clubs the right to start mocking others who have and are consitstently at the top of the comp. Lets keep some perspective anyway, premierships are not won in rd 5. I would be very suprised if both Eddies and Marist do not lift their games significantly as the comp plays out. The real test is going to be seeing if Grammar can maintain their start.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Marist have had six picked in the ACT. This is more than any other school. They must have some ability there and therefore the potential to beat Grammar on their day?

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
Be very interesting to see Dara vs Marist this weekend, Dara seemed to improve alot since their drubbing verse Eddies in the first round but I still think Marist looks pretty tops so far along with Grammar.

E

Eshlad

Bit of Grammar bias going on from what i can see.. From what i can see they are very beatable, and if there is an injury to either staniforth or naracott the team would turn to shit.. I can see eddies being good if they actually got their best side on the park each week, and marist look like there improving each week.

F

Farmer maggot

My boy use to go to Marist, and I've watched all of grammars matches this year, and they've actually played a fair bit of time without Matt Narracott an tom Staniforth on the field and these seem to be when the others really step up and play well. This is where I have seen the team work the strongest because they know they need to work harder.the new winger with the blue and white head gear.. I think his name is Matt as well, he is a strong player. I would not be surprised at all if he is not on the shadow list for the act schoolboys. Expecting this boy to go places!

Also, what are the truths about the rumors that there could be a few teams drop out of the first division this round?

J

Jeff Whoa

My boy use to go to Marist, and I've watched all of grammars matches this year, and they've actually played a fair bit of time without Matt Narracott an tom Staniforth on the field and these seem to be when the others really step up and play well. This is where I have seen the team work the strongest because they know they need to work harder.the new winger with the blue and white head gear.. I think his name is Matt as well, he is a strong player. I would not be surprised at all if he is not on the shadow list for the act schoolboys. Expecting this boy to go places!

Also, what are the truths about the rumors that there could be a few teams drop out of the first division this round?

Yes, couldn't agree with you more Farmer Maggot. The team can quite easily carry it's fine form without the likes of Narracott and Staniforth as it has showed in previous years. They need to keep their headspace clear and not become too cocky as they continue further into the competition. Not sure who the boy in the blue and white headgear is- I've watched nearly all of Grammar's matches this year and never seen him. Is he the number 14, goalkicker?

A

ACT player

Jesus, has this thread exploded.

Firstly, the blue and white headgear winger is very inconsistent. During his 2nds games last season, very inconsistent and has absolutely no chance of ACT schoolboys! However, it seems he is stepping up his game. With a backline (especially Narracott), supporting the wingers well, I think he's performing quite nicely.

Brodie Ingram? He has got to be one of the most average players from Grammar! Has a shocker of a pass let alone running the ball.

Singh is a slow ball runner but a courageous one at that. I've seen him play and must admit he is quite ferocious at the breakdown. If his brother was Max Singh then indeed he has a bit of stepping up to do! From what I remember he was quite a hard hitter in the ballpark!

Staniforth and Narracott do hold the team together and morale would be significantly reduced without them. I agree with Eshlad on that point and without those two, it's hard to see them winning again against Eddies or Marist.

Anyways, undoubtedly the contest is going to be between Grammar Marist and Eddies. I completely disagree with the statement of there being depth in the bench for Grammar and it'll show through the season!

Anyone else surprised at Khalfan (Grammar five-eighth) not being considered for ACT schoolboys selection? Although he likes holding onto the ball quite a bit, he is deceptively agile and has a decent passing and kicking game.

This year is definitely Grammar's best chance at the premiership. They can't let the wins so far get to their heads. The season's no where near over and I'm sure there'll be some hardfought games throughout.

M

masterqueef

Brodie Ingram? He has got to be one of the most average players from Grammar! Has a shocker of a pass let alone running the ball.

Couldn't agree more! This guy has a much bigger hairstyle than he has a pass and I think Grammar will struggle against some of the better sides should Ingram be brought into the starting side. Lets just hope for Grammar's sake this doesn't happen.. ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.