• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ACT player

Grammar is looking very strong this year. Overall the team is an aggressive and well-structured pack and should definitely make it far in the competition.

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
Grammar's backline seems to be pretty good. Grammar vs Uni Norths 18s 1st XV at Grammar main oval 3;00 tomorrow, come and have a watch.

A

ACT player

What makes Grammar look good this year? What have been theri results so far??

Schoolboy rep staniforth will be leading the team strong seeing as his experience in the schoolboys and nts squad will undoubtedly be recognised. Also, one to watch out for is loose forward jack stanford(?). Aggressive through the ballpark and an agile ballrunner, im keen to see how he performs this season.

Predicting grammar to beat uni-norths by 20+

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
round 3

Grammar 35 - 12 Uni - Norths
Marist 56 - 0 Wests
Dara 50 - 15 Royals
waiting on score of Eddies vs Vikings

W

WalterH1

anyone have any thoughts on the best backline in the comp?
probably say grammar or marist, but advantage grammar because of their convincing win round one 1. Surprised no-one's mentioned Matt Narracott, the fullback for grammar, pretty sure he's in the Aus. schoolboys preliminary squad, and has speed to burn

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
probably say grammar or marist, but advantage grammar because of their convincing win round one 1. Surprised no-one's mentioned Matt Narracott, the fullback for grammar, pretty sure he's in the Aus. schoolboys preliminary squad, and has speed to burn
Narracott played well today, scored a try but also got hurt and was spewing on the field and had to come off.
Eddies won 60-13 around about that score.. from what ive been told.

M

Mooda

Harry Tyson will be a big player for Grammer over the next few years. He is a product of the outstanding development program run by Southern Inland Rugby. Tyson is tipped to do big things over the next couple of years.

A

ACT player

Very true, grammar played exceptionally well against marist and narracott is vital to the grammar backline providing a devastating explosion of speed that no one else in the team possesses. I think he's been selected in the aus u18's sevens squad.

Harry Tyson will be a big player for Grammer over the next few years. He is a product of the outstanding development program run by Southern Inland Rugby. Tyson is tipped to do big things over the next couple of years.

Indeed! Apart from his drop balls with the first two touches he got during the 1sts, he played solidly and should shine in future years. It's a pity that his yeargroup at grammar has hardly any talent apart from himself and maybe Patrick Rumble. It's a longshot for grammar to be a strong contender for finals after 2012 i think.

Overall from the weekend, i think grammar didn't play very convincingly and could definitely have put more points on the board. However, credit must be given to uni-norths for showing various moments of flair and ferocity with I think blistering speed from the fullback(?) leading into a runaway try and proving to be a danger through the game.

W

WalterH1

Overall from the weekend, i think grammar didn't play very convincingly and could definitely have put more points on the board. However, credit must be given to uni-norths for showing various moments of flair and ferocity with I think blistering speed from the fullback(?) leading into a runaway try and proving to be a danger through the game.

Grammar were resting their usual centre combo for that game I think. Don't expect much from harry tyson this year considering he did his shoulder at U16's ACT on sunday

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
Round 4 results

Dara 23 - 20 Uni Norths
Grammar 33 - 0 Eddies (halftime score)
Marist 72 - 0 Vikings
i'll update this when I hear the rest of the scores..

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Round 4 results

Dara 23 - 20 Uni Norths
Grammar 33 - 0 Eddies (halftime score)
Marist 72 - 0 Vikings
i'll update this when I hear the rest of the scores..
Uninorths,

thanks for the weekly updates. If that score in the Grammar v Eddies game is correct, I am amazed and slightly happy. Can anyone tell me the last time Eddies lost to Grammar, or at least by more than a try?

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
No worries angrydog, I heard the fulltime score was 33 - 12 so not a bad second haf from Eddies. Wests beat Royals by 3 point also.

A

ACT player

Uninorths,

thanks for the weekly updates. If that score in the Grammar v Eddies game is correct, I am amazed and slightly happy. Can anyone tell me the last time Eddies lost to Grammar, or at least by more than a try?

Eddies actually lost to Grammar last season in their first encounter i think?
The first half showed what Grammar can really do, however they needed to keep sticking it to Eddies in the second half! It's something that Grammar's always been poor at doing: when they've got the lead in the first half they generally let the second half down, and when they're down in the first half they hardly pull it back!

Anyone else have a weird feeling that it's going to be Grammar v Eddies in the final, except Grammar not being able to hold on in the second half for the win?

A

ACTrugbyOracle

Eddies actually lost to Grammar last season in their first encounter i think?
The first half showed what Grammar can really do, however they needed to keep sticking it to Eddies in the second half! It's something that Grammar's always been poor at doing: when they've got the lead in the first half they generally let the second half down, and when they're down in the first half they hardly pull it back!

Anyone else have a weird feeling that it's going to be Grammar v Eddies in the final, except Grammar not being able to hold on in the second half for the win?

that is true they needed to keep sticking it to eddies in the 2nd half, but at haalf time the team was watching the score board to much and not focusing on playing good structured rugby. grammar do look like being to favourites to win the comp. very good team all round with a couple of unknown stars on the bench. but grammar will only keep getting better from here

Status
Not open for further replies.