• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Adopt a finalist 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip>

And on the beer; Hahn Super Dry is a bloody good beer. :)

I'd challenge you to wrap your laughing gear around a glass or two of G&GR's own partner brewery Vale Ale's fine brews.

This could cause a downgrading of your previous assessment of HSD.

In saying so, HSD is probably much better than the Beer substitutes that are sold in many stadia.

Life is too short to drink crap beer.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'd challenge you to wrap your laughing gear around a glass or two of G&GR's own partner brewery Vale Ale's fine brews.

This could cause a downgrading of your previous assessment of HSD.

In saying so, HSD is probably much better than the Beer substitutes that sold in many stadia.

Life is too short to drink crap beer.

I did try a few Vale Pale Ale's at Christmas just gone mainly as I thought I should considering they are partnered up with this site I enjoy so much. The flavour was great but they seemed to be way over carbonated. I probably just got a dud batch so I will give them another go but with so much good beer to choose from these days it might take me a while to come back to them. I am tending toward Lagers these days too for some reason so am keen to try their Lager anyway.

But yes, my comments about HSD are in relation to it being a mass produced beer and if you can get it at the Footy you are doing pretty well. My one complaint about Suncorp Stadium is the beer. They get that sorted and the place will be perfect. I also don't always (and getting rarer) have $70+ to throw down on a box of beers so HSD is a quality beer for the price.

I agree with your last line absolutely but HSD is certainly not a crap beer. :)

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
19 years living out of NZ, and living in different parts of NZ while in it, have made me a bandwagon jumper extraordinaire when it comes to the Kiwi Super sides. I support all of the kiwi sides, none of the Aussie sides and I like the Cheetahs for some strange reason.
So go Saders, Highlanders and Chiefs.
Sharks, Tahs and Brumbies- Boooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bugger. Can't rightly say I am overly fond of any teams that remain, so I guess I'll just enjoy the games as they happen from here on.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Bugger. Can't rightly say I am overly fond of any teams that remain, so I guess I'll just enjoy the games as they happen from here on.

Have to agree. It's like the world's biggest procession of arseholes. All in their own shiny little way.

Team A: The big talkers who have talked our ears to shreds for two decades but invent new ways of sucking when called upon.
Team B: Nobody in their right mind can support a team from a small town that in reality should never really have existed if grown adults were able to agree on a capital.
Team C: The official capital of inventing new ways to cheat.
Team D: You cannot support a team that suffers from Bulls envy so bad that they forget they have a back line.

May rugby be the winner, even among this sad bunch.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Have to agree. It's like the world's biggest procession of arseholes. All in their own shiny little way.

Team A: The big talkers who have talked our ears to shreds for two decades but invent new ways of sucking when called upon.
Team B: Nobody in their right mind can support a team from a small town that in reality should never really have existed if grown adults were able to agree on a capital.
Team C: The official capital of inventing new ways to cheat.
Team D: You cannot support a team that suffers from Bulls envy so bad that they forget they have a back line.

May rugby be the winner, even among this sad bunch.

Well you've nicely summed up (A) the 'tahs, (B) the Brums, (C & D) the Shorks but what about my guys?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
After the weekend I'm thinking of swinging the way of the Ponies. Really enjoyed the game and the chat from some Tah's fans I know sounding like they just have to show up to win is starting to annoy me.

Should be a cracker of a game though.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Bullshit we have to just "show up to win". Maybe I'm hearing differently to you, Jets, but I haven't heard Tahs fans anywhere sprouting it's a foregone conclusion. Any of the three remaining games have to be earned the hard way by the victors, they're all going to be bloody tough.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's the the classic people are saying type thing.

I could just as easily say that according to Brumbies fans, all they think they need to do in this game is have a stronger set piece and they'll win.

It's a load of crap and no one has really said it, but it fits the general narrative.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
After the weekend I'm thinking of swinging the way of the Ponies. Really enjoyed the game and the chat from some Tah's fans I know sounding like they just have to show up to win is starting to annoy me.

Fuck said who? This week whenever I think about rugby, all I can see is George Speight being given too much room on the outside and scorching past Horne (in 45% of these nightmatres it ends up with Horne hitting him in the midsection, mind) to score the winning try in the corner.

I found myself nodding along to Jeff Wilson's article about the Crusaders being favourites at this point, though his precise reasoning didn't cover 100% of my concerns (he said its all about the All Blacks in the team and basically assumed the Waratahs and Crusaders would play in Sydney). I personally think its a bit more than that.

I'm not taking it as a foregone conclusion that it will be in Sydney. The press have been wanking on about teams outside the top 2 not being able to win it, but this time around the Brumbies haven't had the punishing travel and the Crusaders are building nicely.

The Tahs beat a poor Reds side as preparation for this, but at least learned some lessons about the set piece to ensure there is no slacking.

But my sphincter won't relax even a nanometre from this point until the final whistle on Saturday night, win or lose.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
A few Brisbane based fans who've copped too much over the years about the Tah's being rubbish, they feel it's time for payback. It's mostly the result of me giving them such a hard time in 2011 when the Reds won.

It's not from the team or press. The team have actually done everything right in my view.

Saturday night will be great to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.