• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
any comments or points from today's villa vs padua game? as in how the teams played and were there any outstanding players? and were there any other games on?
Padua beat villanova 4 tries to 2. Wasn't a full strength padua side; missing richter, Ryan, o'toole, etc. plenty of potential from both sides. Standout game by James Briskie(third year in the 1st XV) - should go close to AIC rep honours this year (was in 2011 Chairmans XV)

B

BrisbaneRugby93

Thanks. Are All Saints a touring school or what? I've never heard of them before. And at the above comment, I've heard that O'Toole is out for the entire 2012 season, is that true? Also, are Richter and Ryan injured or were they just being rested?

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Thanks. Are All Saints a touring school or what? I've never heard of them before. And at the above comment, I've heard that O'Toole is out for the entire 2012 season, is that true? Also, are Richter and Ryan injured or were they just being rested?

O'Toole is out for the season (probably - could come back for the last couple of weeks if he's lucky). He is replaced by Jake O'Brien (same style of player). Richter and Ryan were both slightly injured (recurring niggles). Could have started (they might have subbed on) but decided to rest and recuperate for upcoming European tour.

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
Watched Peters completely dismantle Pats on the weekend. Fair enough, Pats won’t be the strongest team this year, But StPeters were clinical, something like 50-5. Interesting though, they used 29 players during the game, pretty much the whole second half was played by a 16a’s or 2nd’s players. Backs are super quick, good defence. Forwards were hitting hard. The hooker I hear is a new kid, played league previously from Yamba, NSW. First year playing the 2 but couldn’t fault his line out throw or defence. They need to shore up their attitude but I was impressed. Will be interesting to see how they go.

B

BrisbaneRugby93

Any comments or points from today's Lauries vs Pats First XV trial and any other games?

B

BrisbaneRugby93

Yeah the word is that all the prominent schools are playing understrength sides for their trials against AIC schools. Still, St Pat's for 2012 wooden spooners.

B

BrisbaneRugby93

Any word on how Eddies, Marist and Padua are fairing on their tours? Are there any other schools touring currently?

T

Tom Delaney

Eddies First XV

1.Andrew Tully
2.Andrew Manu
3.Lui Afele
4.Lachlan Roe
5.Toby Campbell
6.Jake Seage/Cyprian Manutai
7.Jordan Perese
8.Harley Fox
9.Tom Schatz
10.Mitchell McNamee
11.Tevita Folau/Spencer Fitzpatrick
12.Rory Humphries
13.Kyle Blackman
14.Damian Kukulies
15.Wilson Bennet

Is tevita folau any relation to israel?

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Any word on how Eddies, Marist and Padua are fairing on their tours? Are there any other schools touring currently?

From all accounts Padua tour of Europe is going okay. They seem to be mixing teams up a little so no real indicator with results. They have played 6 games now (3 with team 1 and 3 with team 2) with about a 50-50 record. No surprises that they were beaten on weekend after they had a 27 hour ferry trip from Normandy to Dublin.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Who won the SPLC vs SEC match on Friday night at suncorp. Just missed it and looked like an interesting match on paper.

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
Eddies v St Peters was 36-14 to Eddies. Eddies were always ahead and looked very dangerous in counter attack but SPLC played it out till the end - it could have easily been 29-21 except for a turnover on the SEC line at the death led to a late Eddies try. For Eddies the hooker caught my eye as outstanding - popped up all over the place, but also some strength in other positions (5,7,11) and they will punish sides who turn over the ball. SPLC scored a good backline try in the second half from what looked like a rehearsed move and they will not be the worst this year - the 9 & 15 were very good.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Eddies v St Peters was 36-14 to Eddies. Eddies were always ahead and looked very dangerous in counter attack but SPLC played it out till the end - it could have easily been 29-21 except for a turnover on the SEC line at the death led to a late Eddies try. For Eddies the hooker caught my eye as outstanding - popped up all over the place, but also some strength in other positions (5,7,11) and they will punish sides who turn over the ball. SPLC scored a good backline try in the second half from what looked like a rehearsed move and they will not be the worst this year - the 9 & 15 were very good.

Thanks for that. Sounded like an interesting game.

H

haydenmitchell

dean van heteran swemmer (marist) will be one of the wingers in this AIC representative side. no doubts.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
dean van heteran swemmer (marist) will be one of the wingers in this AIC representative side. no doubts.
That's a big gain for Marist. Eddies went undefeated down south including beating Riverview while Marist didn't win a game. Iona and Lauries have a trial against each other this weekend so that will give a bit more of an indicator where those two sides are at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom