• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm not starting anything but it's clear as any other school can see it that st peters have to import to win, out of nowhere a succesful team, the game st edmunds against St peters was a cracker went down to the last minute pressure kicks from tom schatz and the peters kick amazing efforts... Harley Fox Man handling st peters players! the winger of St peters was unreal but i wouldn't mind seeing his birth certificate ! Peters talk about respect and what not, most of the other schools goes off the talent they have at they're own school not buying players. No respect for teams that can't do the hard yards to take out a premiership...

Congrats St Peters boys! you guys truly deserve it for beating both Eddies and Ashgrove in 2 incredibly exciting games. Sounds like the winger Duma had another good game he must surely be one of the first names down for AIC selection. I havnt seen a winger dominate like he has in the 5 years ive been watching aic.

Hashone, its clear your trying to get the Peters fans to bite. hats off to them though, they have shown a lot of class and humilty so far, no bragging or i told you so's.

Again i must say congrats boys on your first premiership in 12 years.

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
AIC 1
15. Wilson Bennett (SEC)
14. Will Duma (SPLC)
13. Tivita Maka (ASH)
12. Rory Humphries (SEC)
11. Brannagh Corcoran (IONA)
10. Jordan Tkatchenko (SPLC)/ Cameron Knox (ASH)
9. James Briskie (PAD)
8.Tom Richter (PAD)
7. Brad Wilkin (IONA)
6.Lachlan Grey (SPLC)/ ASH #7
5. Sam Butterworth (SLC)
4. Lachlan Roe (SEC)
3. Garrath Ryan (PAD)/ Aaron Sorridimi (ViLLA)
2. Andrew Manu (SEC)
1. Alex Hatzis (SLC)

S

Saints supporter

You know a team is importing when their Open swimming team win by a land slide and their lower age groups come below the top.

You know a team imports when their firsts go undefeated and they come last in the aggregate.
Swimming??? I thought this was a rugby forum! But now you raised it do you know who the swimming coach is (and how long he has been at St Peters)... Doesn't the rule of 'if you want to get the best out of yourself in the sport of your choice then go and train under a coach that will bring out your best' apply?

R

RedsFanBase

Getting beaten by St Peters must be a hard pill to swallow for other schools. The forum is starting to smell of sour grapes from some sore losers.

macdaddy

Stan Wickham (3)
It seems like every year unless ashgrove, lauries, villa or iona win it there is sour grapes on these threads. Get use to it, all of the schools in AIC are taking the rugby a lot more seriously and the days of 2-3 school domination are gone. And as for importing, let's just call a spade a spade. Peters import and they can sell it however they like but you don't come last in aggregate and Win a 1st xv premiership by the grace of God. However, I don't exactly blame them as they are a Co-Ed school with half the pool of players as opposed to other schools so in order to at least be competitive they have to import. No one was complaining for the last 5 years about them importing, it's only now that the cynics are emerging when they win. For the last 5 years they've always had a few quick backs but teams have just bullied them in the forwards as quite often, they just didn't have 1st XV caliber footballers in the forwards and teams would target and man-handle these players (E.g. from last year alone - Ashgrove, Eddies and Padua packs). From what I've heard, the forwards are still nowhere near as strong as their backs but they have improved dramatically on the playing core from previous years. The set piece is good and they appear to be a lot more structured in comparison to previous years. Because of this, their success can largely be attributed to their coaching staff (particularly the forwards coach) just as much as their prized imports. Instead of having a crack at Peters, focus on what where your school could've done better as opposed to just using the 'import' excuse, as teams from 2008-2011 seemed to handle it just fine. As for the Peters zealots out there, don't get ahead of yourself - 1 from 5

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Come on fellas, you just brought down the standard of the forum. If you want to talk about importing, I suggest you go to the scholarships thread. Many schools in queensland have indigenous kids. Marist, Nudgee, BBC are some of many. The government are giving scholarships out for the lads, it's not like peters send an expert to run up north to scout players. It sounds like xxxx is denying a chance for kids to have a good education.​
bsparx, Friday at 4:26 PM
You know a team is importing when their Open swimming team win by a land slide and their lower age groups come below the top.

You know a team imports when their firsts go undefeated and they come last in the aggregate.
why the change of tune bsparx????
Congrats to St Peters fingers crossed for next week against SLC, nothing taste better than an undefeated premiership.
Sounds like a great game yesterday.
As for buying premierships regardless of who's money it is, parents, government, industry some schools decide that's the way they wish to increase demands for enrollments.
However there are also many schools out there which focus on other ways of increasing demand on enrollments, in the long run parents will choose which schools they feel are happy with.
As for me, I'm glad these programs don't run at my school, gives the local boys a fighting chance to rep their school at the highest level.
I'm also glad that there are schools who run these programs, it does lift the standard of the comp, most of these boys who are in these programs are very talented and I also think the local boys can be proud in the way they completed against these boys, some very close games which could have gone either way.
For the local lads who may feel that they have been rob of a premiership don't dismay, you will be a better player for the experience of play against the talent, so dust yourself off, put school footy behind you and get stuck into some club footy where it's an even playing field.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well done to St. Peter's on their premiership. Last round next weekend, what is everyone's predictions?

St. Patrick's Vs. Villanova
Iona Vs. St. Edmund's
Ashgrove Vs. Padua
St. Peter's Vs. St. Laurence's

L

latersfrank

I think that this St Edmunds outfit has been over rated since the outset. Sure, they have some complete stand outs in the likes of Manu, Bennett etc. They did put in dominate displays in the first 4 rounds when the pressure wasn't on. The first 4 rounds was a true indication of the destructive affect that the team can have when getting a roll on. However, eddies last 3 rounds (including Iona this weekend) have been against the toughest teams in Ashgrove, Peters and Iona College. The pressure that has been put onto them has been to much for this team full of superstars to handle. And maybe that is it, they aren't a team willing to work together.

rugby rugby rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting last round for the 2012 season with what i would imagine some upsets;
St. Patricks Vs. Villanova - i would think the Villa forward pack would be too dominant for the pats boys but a close contest in the backs: Villa by 15
Iona Vs. St. Edmunds - both team plays quite similar styles of rugby but im going with eddies to eventually be too strong for Iona in a tight one: eddies by 5
Ashgrove Vs. Padua - Ashgroves forwards will be far superior in all forms of the game and Padua dont turn up it could turn into a bloodbath: Ashgrove by 30
St. Peters Vs. St. Laurences - Probably one of the worst lauries outfits in a while and peters looking for there first premiership they wont hold back: Peters by 20+

stevet

Stan Wickham (3)
I think that this St Edmunds outfit has been over rated since the outset. Sure, they have some complete stand outs in the likes of Manu, Bennett etc. They did put in dominate displays in the first 4 rounds when the pressure wasn't on. The first 4 rounds was a true indication of the destructive affect that the team can have when getting a roll on. However, eddies last 3 rounds (including Iona this weekend) have been against the toughest teams in Ashgrove, Peters and Iona College. The pressure that has been put onto them has been to much for this team full of superstars to handle. And maybe that is it, they aren't a team willing to work together.
Your obviously an Ashgrove supporter sore that Eddies didn't hand you a share of the premiership well Congrats to Peters as they are the only team to earn a win against the boys from Eddies and deserve their rewards as for Ashgrove they would have been tagalongs had the result gone the other way because they were given the game previously by poor ball handling and had the boys had a better day with their hands it would have been another walk over so if any team is over rated I know which one it is!

ka_ora

Frank Row (1)
Something I'd like to add about the Eddies vs St Peter's game was that Eddies were below average in the lineout. I remember someone mentioning early on that Eddies against Villa couldn't win a line out and they lost their first 5 or 6 line outs against St Peter's on the weekend. Sure, some may argue poor conditions but when St Peter's were winning 80% of their own lineouts it didn't help their possession. I also believe and don't quote me on this, that one of the St Peter's tries came from a passage of play from a Eddies lineout. Something for them to improve on for next year.

L

latersfrank

Your obviously an Ashgrove supporter sore that Eddies didn't hand you a share of the premiership well Congrats to Peters as they are the only team to earn a win against the boys from Eddies and deserve their rewards as for Ashgrove they would have been tagalongs had the result gone the other way because they were given the game previously by poor ball handling and had the boys had a better day with their hands it would have been another walk over so if any team is over rated I know which one it is!

you're lost. Didn't mention ashgrove actually so it's clear you have some premeditated hate towards them. I'm actually from Pats, and old boy and been around these rugby circles a lot longer then you and I didn't have a crack at peters either.. idiot

B

Biffking

Quite an unfair round, all really one sided contests. Especially the St Peters and Pats games, they're in for big wins.

Padua vs Ashgrove - Ashgrove will destroy Padua easy. Ashgrove by 15
St Peter's vs Lauries - Easy Peters win, an undefeated Premiership on the way. Peter's by 28
Iona vs St Edmunds - Eddies will take the cake here, Iona aren't strong enough. Eddies by 20
Villanova vs St Pats - St Pats will outclass them in all aspects of the game. St Pats by 28

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have to say it wasn't viewed well when Ealesy went to the Filth, but he had good reasons for doing that.
Herbie's son played for ash a few years ago, in the seconds. Actually a bloody good little number 9 or 10.

A great read there, some interesting stuff. Just FYI Anthony Herbert's son - James Herbert is now the inside center for GPS Premier Grade and also being looked at by the Rebels for a contract, so he turned out to be a very good player indeed!

hotman

Peter Burge (5)
AIC 1
15. Wilson Bennett (SEC)
14. Will Duma (SPLC)
13. Tivita Maka (ASH)
12. Rory Humphries (SEC)
11. Brannagh Corcoran (IONA)
10. Jordan Tkatchenko (SPLC)/ Cameron Knox (ASH)
9. James Briskie (PAD)
8.Tom Richter (PAD)
7. Brad Wilkin (IONA)
6.Lachlan Grey (SPLC)/ ASH #7
5. Sam Butterworth (SLC)
4. Lachlan Roe (SEC)
3. Garrath Ryan (PAD)/ Aaron Sorridimi (ViLLA)
2. Andrew Manu (SEC)
1. Alex Hatzis (SLC)

Probably the best team that has been put up here yet, maybe a few changes to the forwards but other than that

F

FLUBBA WUBBA NOONGA

AIC 1
15.Wilson Bennett
14.Adrian Aidan
13.Tavita Maka
12.Rory Humphries
11.Will Duma
10.Jordan Tkatchenko
9.Cameron Knox
8.Andrew Manu
7.Brad Wilkin
6.Lachlan Grey
5.Lachlan Roe
4.Andrew Neil
3.Aaron Sorridimi
2.Shaun Laurie
1.Alex Hatzis

This is in my opinion the best team based purely on form rather than who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.