• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigrig

I m a bit lost with the ref at the St Peters game,the winger was asked to leave the field of play after a late shoulder barg,there was no yellow or red card given,the ref just crossed his arms like to put him on some sort of rerort.He later rejoined the game.Was he sent off or just replaced by the linesman,o i forgot to mention he was a teacher from St Peters.Also has it the ref was an ex student from there.At the return of play in the second half y was a St Peters player allowed to rejoin play without a play being stopped again.Yes it sounds like i have sour grapes about this game.NO.Congrates to Peters for there win this year,there must be one winner n a loser,Some eddies boys have been flat for the last two games.Stand out for them i think were,Bennet,Humphreys,Pearse,and Rowe.If true about ref and linesman being linked to St Peters.Y is this allowed for this stanard of rugby.The ref that was sitting behind me through out this game called it before this game started.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Congratulations to St Peters on their premiership, can't argue with any side which beats all other contenders.

As for the allegations about recruiting, I would have thought that the issue could be resolved fairly definitively by reference to which of the Peters XV were at the school in 2010. If say 11-12 boys have been there for at least 3 years you couldn't argue too much about the premiership being won fair and square.

Can any St Peters supporter shed some light on this?

I'm not suggesting the answer because I have no idea where the truth lies, just curious.

Saecom

Peter Burge (5)
I have read all the musings about boys at various AIC schools on sporting scholarships and so on with interest however I have no desire to respond. Schools make their own decisions about this issue and they have to deal with the moral and practical implications of those decisions in their community.

My only comment would be that it is far better for these schools to be open and transparent about the situation rather than covert or guarded. If it seems these matters are hidden it creates ill will and the perception that the school has something to hide.

I did not see the game however congratulations to St Peters on their win. It seems they will win their first AIC (solo) 1st XV Premiership.

G

GPSPRIDE

I'm not suggesting the answer because I have no idea where the truth lies, just curious.

The St Peters premiership will be won fair and square. In the end it didn't come down to standout players (Eddies & Ashgrove) but brilliant teamwork but the team. They have meshed together and played their heart out at every game.

It would have been nice to see a dominant team like St Edmunds really pull through and show the crowd some skillfull rugby, especially show some better communication between 9,10,12 and 13. Their backline is not short of superstars and could easily have won the game for them.

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)

The only player who wasn't there last year was the Hooker.
The whole 2nd row and back row since year8, same with the 9, 10, and the 12.
The others came in gr9 or 10

oldref

Bob McCowan (2)
I m a bit lost with the ref at the St Peters game,the winger was asked to leave the field of play after a late shoulder barg,there was no yellow or red card given,the ref just crossed his arms like to put him on some sort of rerort.He later rejoined the game.Was he sent off or just replaced by the linesman,o i forgot to mention he was a teacher from St Peters.Also has it the ref was an ex student from there.At the return of play in the second half y was a St Peters player allowed to rejoin play without a play being stopped again.Yes it sounds like i have sour grapes about this game.NO.Congrates to Peters for there win this year,there must be one winner n a loser,Some eddies boys have been flat for the last two games.Stand out for them i think were,Bennet,Humphreys,Pearse,and Rowe.If true about ref and linesman being linked to St Peters.Y is this allowed for this stanard of rugby.The ref that was sitting behind me through out this game called it before this game started.

Another flawed conspiracy theorist who needs to check their facts - the referee has absolutely nothing to do with St Peters and is a Villa old boy in fact.

B

bigrig

Another flawed conspiracy theorist who needs to check their facts - the referee has absolutely nothing to do with St Peters and is a Villa old boy in fact.
Ok.A ref that refereed on the day had said this.What about the linesman?

B

bigrig

Oldref,as your user name is oldref can you explain if the winger was sent off or just replaced and what his signal meant?If he was sent from the field and later returned after being sent off i hate to see this kid sit out this week at the cost of the ref poor signaling.

oldref

Bob McCowan (2)
Oldref,as your user name is oldref can you explain if the winger was sent off or just replaced and what his signal meant?If he was sent from the field and later returned after being sent off i hate to see this kid sit out this week at the cost of the ref poor signaling.

The only signs that a player has been sent off is a red card or yellow card for a temporary suspension. Only at S15 level is there a creature is a white card which is the equivalent of putting player on report. A cross armed signal usually indicates a blood bin which means that the player can return to the field within 15 mins - that is what its sounds like to me and the fact that he returned supports that as well.

Finally, for clarity, my brother and nephews as well as a number of friends all attended St Eddies so I have some sort of affliation there.

joshbristow

Peter Burge (5)
It's not quite AIC, but I'm new so not sure where to post this!

I've been making vids for TAS (div below AIC) for fun and (no) profit. Thoughts?

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
is there any new comers or kids who might be selected that are not suspected as well ?
I think one of the twins for Padua should be selected on a wing at least for AIC 2 or the bench as well as year 11 boy Lindsay Collins, played number 8 last 3 weeks.

Number 6 for St. pats (Brown?) and 7 (Skelton) would be pats best chances. Maybe the 10.

M

MoneyBox

AIC 1
15.Wilson Bennett
14.Branagh Corcoran
13.Tavita Maka
12.Rory Humphries
11.Will Duma
10.Jordan Tkatchenko
9.Cameron Knox
8. Tom Richter
7.Brad Wilkin (is good enough but grade 11 may factor)
6.James Treby
5.Lachlan Roe
4.Andrew Neil
3.Aaron Sorridimi
2.Andrew Manu
1.Alex Hatzis

AIC 2
15. Tom Delaney/ Josh McKersey
14. Josh McKersey/ Tom Delaney
13. Kyle Blackman
12. Brayden Torpy (if fit)
11. One of the Padua twins i think its Collins ???
10. James Hillsdon
9. James Briskie/ Tom Schatz
8. Perese
7. Sam Clarke
6. Lachie Grey
5. Sam Butterworth
4. Josh Tregenza
3. Garath Ryan
2. Jake Bell
1. Pats 1 no idea who he is

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
AIC 1
15.Wilson Bennett
14.Branagh Corcoran
13.Tavita Maka
12.Rory Humphries
11.Will Duma
10.Jordan Tkatchenko
9.Cameron Knox
8. Tom Richter
7.Brad Wilkin (is good enough but grade 11 may factor)
6.James Treby
5.Lachlan Roe
4.Andrew Neil
3.Aaron Sorridimi
2.Andrew Manu
1.Alex Hatzis

AIC 2
15. Tom Delaney/ Josh McKersey
14. Josh McKersey/ Tom Delaney
13. Kyle Blackman
12. Brayden Torpy (if fit)
11. One of the Padua twins i think its Collins ???
10. James Hillsdon
9. James Briskie/ Tom Schatz
8. Perese
7. Sam Clarke
6. Lachie Grey
5. Sam Butterworth
4. Josh Tregenza
3. Garath Ryan
2. Jake Bell
1. Pats 1 no idea who he is
Pretty spot on I reckon there mate, but I don't think Cameron Knox will be picked at 9 if he's played 10 all year. But then again Iona 12 last year was picked as AIC 1 10, so you never know

U

Up and Jam

AIC 1

15.Wilson Bennett
14.Adrian Aidan/ Narhyl Bennett
13.Linton Enoch /Kyle Blackman
12.Rory Humphries
11.Will Duma
10.Jordan Tkatchenko
9.Cameron Knox/ Moses Sorovi
8. Andrew Manu
7.Brad Wilkin
6.Lachlan Grey
5.Lachlan Roe
4.Andrew Neill
3.Aaron Sorridimi
2.Shaun Laurie
1.Alex Hatzis

It's fair to say that the back line for AIC 1 has to be dominated by eddies and peters boys. Some players may be out of position but this prediction is purely based on strengths and performances the boys have shown throughout the season.

Rugby Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can i ask why Jack Holt has been left our of any discussion in my eyes a very underated player and havent seen his name anywhere so thought i would chuck it in just a simple question why his name hasnt poped up ?
no Bias

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
AIC 1
15.Wilson Bennett
14.Branagh Corcoran
13.Tavita Maka
12.Rory Humphries
11.Will Duma
10.Jordan Tkatchenko
9.Cameron Knox/St Pat's 9
8. Lachlan Roe