• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DD!3$01D80Y

Andrew Manu is good but I might want to to go with the idea of him at Number 8. The reason for this is because he isn't that good of a thrower. Lots of key lineouts were lost by Eddies, so it's either Manu or the jumpers, but than again you have a 5 foot 11 person who jumps...

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
If Manu were to move to 8 I would put Ben Hicks at hooker. The lad has a great work rate and a great throw. Nathan Bassani though not mentioned much in the thread would be an asset with his footwork and crunching defence. In relation to the aic fly half, I would go for tchencko (hard to spell) because of his speed and agility. Although he has to work more on attacking the line.

Alias33

Bob McCowan (2)
Manu would have to be one of the better ball runners in the comp so i would agree that having him at 8 would probably be a good option. Hicks would probably slot in at AIC2 after the Peters lad. As for Bassani, he looks like a good kid but it’s safe to say, apart from running 1 good line in that game against SPLC he got found out pretty badly in defence. I dare say that the GPS wingers will be as good as Duma and Bennet if not better.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
looks like the teams arent getting announced till next tuesday. its a bit odd, its been tuesday of the last round for as long as i can remember.

tips for this weekend?

SPLC vs Lauries - peters will be too good for the hapless lauries lads, peters by 15
Iona vs Eddies - Tipping an upset, Eddies will struggle to get up for this one as this was suppose to be their year, iona by 10
Ash vs Padua - Ash will be too good and be hoping that Lauries do them a favour, ash by 15
Pats vs Villa - will be close but villa's forward pack will drag their pedestrian backline over the line, villa by 7

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Peters v Lauries: Could be a dark day for Lauries rugby in what has been a shocking year. Have a few players out with injury and word is that some players have refused to play forcing them to put some year 11's up. Peters by 40.
Iona v Eddies: Agree with rugby1768, the wheels have fallen off for Eddies ever since they played Pats. Iona by 7.
Ashgrove v Padua: Ashgrove have improved as the season has gone on, Padua will fire up but it won't be enough to trouble Ashgrove. Ashgrove by 12.
Villa v Pats: Pats have been close to breaking through in the last few weeks. Toss of the coin this one. Villa by 2.

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
Peters v Lauries: Could be a dark day for Lauries rugby in what has been a shocking year. Have a few players out with injury and word is that some players have refused to play forcing them to put some year 11's up. Peters by 40.
Iona v Eddies: Agree with rugby1768, the wheels have fallen off for Eddies ever since they played Pats. Iona by 7.
Ashgrove v Padua: Ashgrove have improved as the season has gone on, Padua will fire up but it won't be enough to trouble Ashgrove. Ashgrove by 12.
Villa v Pats: Pats have been close to breaking through in the last few weeks. Toss of the coin this one. Villa by 2.

That is interesting. Any info about why these players are refusing to play?

H

have_a_go

how do you know this? also do you know which will be absent in the lauries outfit this week?

B

BrisbaneRugby93

What rubbish. If you are given the opportunity to play First XV rugby you grab it with both hands. No wonder Lauries rugby is going backwards when they have sissies like these supposedly leading the school. On that note however, I hope they get over St Peters.

As for my predictions this weekend:
St Peters vs St Lauries - If Lauries' forwards can start this game like they finished against Iona last week then they're in with a shot. No firepower at all in the backs however, they'd want to be keeping it tight. However, if Peters get go-forward early, expect the score to blow out. Regardless, Lauries by 3.

Iona vs St Edmunds - 3rd place play-off, loser will come 4th and potentially 5th depending on other results. Iona will do Eddies here, they are coming off the back of three good wins in a row, while Eddies come off two dissapointing losses. Performance of Iona's forwards will be critical however, game will be won and lost for both teams here. Corcoran vs Humphrey will be a great battle in the backs, and there are a few other interesting match ups. Whatever happens, game will come down to the wire; Iona by 1.

Ashgrove vs Padua - A good northside grudge match, last year's was a cracker. Has the potential to be tight again this year but I doubt it. Padua have been flat all season, and probably wont be up mentally for Ashgrove at Ashgrove. Marist had a terrific win against Villa last weekend and have been on fire since they played Eddies, should finish off the year well. Marist by 14.

Villa vs St Pats - I expect a fair Villa pack to demolish Pats here, and cap off what has been an okay season considering the youth of the team. Pats are a dismal side, they only seem to show up for the second half and that wont be enough to upset Villa at home. Tipping Pats to go 0 from 7, and Villa to notch their 3rd win.

Alias33

Bob McCowan (2)
What rubbish. If you are given the opportunity to play First XV rugby you grab it with both hands. No wonder Lauries rugby is going backwards when they have sissies like these supposedly leading the school. On that note however, I hope they get over St Peters.

As for my predictions this weekend:
St Peters vs St Lauries - If Lauries' forwards can start this game like they finished against Iona last week then they're in with a shot. No firepower at all in the backs however, they'd want to be keeping it tight. However, if Peters get go-forward early, expect the score to blow out. Regardless, Lauries by 3.

Haha, don't believe I have come across quite a contradiction in some years.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
how do you know this? also do you know which will be absent in the lauries outfit this week?
lauries have their winger michael graham out becuase of injury and their 10 tim robinson out for reasons i dont know. they have 2 grade 11s playing up this week, luke gallaher on the wing and matt canham at 10

H

have_a_go

lauries have their winger michael graham out becuase of injury and their 10 tim robinson out for reasons i dont know. they have 2 grade 11s playing up this week, luke gallaher on the wing and matt canham at 10

wasnt there 4 or 5 injuries in the iona game?or just early substitutions?

Maxy

Peter Burge (5)
wasnt there 4 or 5 injuries in the iona game?or just early substitutions?
My understanding is that any SLC absences this week are because of injuries. Not sure how many. The talk of refusing to play is a fanciful beat up!

A

AIC scout.

My understanding is that any SLC absences this week are because of injuries. Not sure how many. The talk of refusing to play is a fanciful beat up!

to answer many questions, as i believe the lawries line up will be ;
1. Nic Paskin
2. Sam Richards
3. Alec Hatzis
4. Adam Smith
5. Sam Butterworth
6. Sam Dearness
7. Brad Kelegai
8. Shayden McKay
9. Damon Bingham
10. Matt Canham
11. Luke Gallaher
12. Xavier Bell
13. Mitch hanlon
14. Batu Maladina
15. Jackson Dempsey

Note bold players are in for the injuries

Injuries
6. Jordan Scholl
10. Timothy Robinson
11. Mike Graham

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Correct, however Luke Gallaher has moved up after a couple of other players were offered the opportunity to move up to firsts and declined.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
St. Peters Vs. St. Laurences -
St. Peters going for the premiership, while Lauries are attempting to make sure they do not tie for the spoon. St. Peters will be firing for the first whistle. I am feeling that this game could turn ugly and peters will run away with it by 20+.

Iona Vs. St. Edmunds -
Iona is in form at the moment and St. Edmund's aren't. Iona will want to finish the season on a high by beating the competition favourites at the start of the season. I can't see St. Edmund's finding any momentum for this one after two consecutive defeats that cost them the premiership. Iona by 10.

Ashgrove Vs. Padua -
A rivalry that continues to grow and grow on the northside. After last years very nail biting game at Banyo, Padua will be fired up to try and spoil the Ashgrove boys. However, Ashgrove will want to finish the year with a win and hope that their biggest rivals lauries can do them a favour by beating St. Peters. Both teams have come off 2 wins in a row. Ashgrove will win the game by 12 points or so, but I expect a good challenge by the Paduans who have had an up and down season.

Villanova Vs. St. Patrick's -
The schools of green and gold will clash this weekend, both with a point to prove. The Villa boys will want to make it 3 wins for the season, while the boys from Shorncliffe will be playing for pride and to make it at least 1 win for the season. I expect that Villa will be too strong for the St. Patrick's outfit and they will win by 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.