• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixy37

Bob McCowan (2)
The villanova team has also seemed somewhat underrated. I do not have much knowledge on their team but by the sounds of it they have great potential. Anyone got any news on them know what they are like, if they have potential to knock over all the big schools (eddies, iona, ashgrove) potential AIC candidates? It sounds like they will be an interesting team to watch this week.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
One to watch:

This weekend in the Ashgrove Vs Villanova game, Connor McHugh will get his first start in the First XV, after playing in the seconds all season. Connor brings a great atmosphere to the game and will be a pleasure to watch. Connor has terrorising defence that has helped the Seconds go though with 0 points scored against them. Bringing his league background to the game he runs great lines and holes. He will definetly boost the atmosphere this week in the first XV, after coming of a lose last week.
Lauries put 12 points on them in Round 2.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The villanova team has also seemed somewhat underrated. I do not have much knowledge on their team but by the sounds of it they have great potential. Anyone got any news on them know what they are like, if they have potential to knock over all the big schools (eddies, iona, ashgrove) potential AIC candidates? It sounds like they will be an interesting team to watch this week.
I can give you a team list if you like.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)

Sorry I would have to disagree, I think Villa are overrated I say this has occur from the upset win over peters last weekend. I wasn't at the game and was very surprise that villa did get over peters.
From the games I have seen villa play they may get one or two into AIC 2 but just as a token school rep.
I have not seen any standouts from villa this season.
They should get another win against lauries and that will be about it

Rixy37

Bob McCowan (2)
Sorry I would have to disagree, I think Villa are overrated I say this has occur from the upset win over peters last weekend. I wasn't at the game and was very surprise that villa did get over peters.
From the games I have seen villa play they may get one or two into AIC 2 but just as a token school rep.
I have not seen any standouts from villa this season.
They should get another win against lauries and that will be about it
Ive never seen them play I was just going off talk and results. Will be interesting to watch them play and see how they go up against Ashgrove this week, and see how ashgrove bounce back.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Does anyone know the age limit for the opens division? I say this because eddies have Rory Humphries who is practically 19 playing against 15, 16 and 17 year olds! It's like having a 1st xv player versing a 15As and 14As player!

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
AIC 1-

1.Afele (SEC)
2.McSweeney (ASH)
3.?
4.McCully (SEC)
5.Lancashire (ASH)
6.Clarke (ASH)
7.Wilkin (IONA)
8.Junior (SPC)
9.Sorovi (SPLC)/Turner (SEC)
10. Turpin (SEC)/Treleaven (ASH)
11. Dawson (IONA)
12. .Devine (ASH)
13.Humphries (SEC)
14. Manning (ASH)
15. Henley (SPLC)
Mate this is a pretty good prediction. Dawson for the big hits against the bigger GPS boys and manning to run around them. The Backrow would be the best Aic has had in a while with two Aussie school reps and Clark in his second year of Aic 1. However his form has dropt since his shoulder surgery. Looking forward to what selectors come up with in their lists but this is by far the closest.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Does anyone know the age limit for the opens division? I say this because eddies have Rory Humphries who is practically 19 playing against 15, 16 and 17 year olds! It's like having a 1st xv player versing a 15As and 14As player!
I doubt there's very many 15 year olds in the Firsts teams but even if they were, they were picked because the can handle themselves in a competition of this level.

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
I doubt there's very many 15 year olds in the Firsts teams but even if they were, they were picked because the can handle themselves in a competition of this level.

Seeing as we are less then halfway through the year, it's likely a significant percentage of grade 11 players could still be 15 years of age. Even is you consider that 16, that's still a three year gap, to clarify they were picked to handle themselves against the best 17 year olds in the competition. Obviously there will be variation to that, but 19 is really beginning to push it.

The King

Stan Wickham (3)
rory is only 18 this year mate....come on lets get our facts right....

AICrugbyfans

Frank Row (1)
AICrugbyfans villa over ash really? love your optimism.

thanks to ruggasXV for the table anyone got the 13's?
looks like iona will be a force to reckon with next year, 1st, 2nds 16 A 16 B alll undeafted

xxxx you would be pretty surprised how Villa played last week, don't under-estimate them just yet!

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
xxxx you would be pretty surprised how Villa played last week, don't under-estimate them just yet!

yeah fair enough they must had played well to contain peters back who are fairly slippery.
to be fair i was on judging them on what i saw when the play iona.
On that day villa could not get out of their half, only manage it once from a penalty for a late tackle on a kicker.
I'm sure ashgrove will put them under pressure.

Oaken

Frank Row (1)
Don't forget Iona, the're still yet to be beaten. Eddies look impressive atm because there in the middle of a hard slog of games having pats (despite there results they actually look like a decent team), ashgrove and the likes of Peter's and Iona to come. Iona have some good players in centres Hola and Dawson (centres) and I think their front rows pretty good. St Peter's have good players Bennett (centre), Sorovi (scrum-half), Fa'aoso (8) and fullback (Henley), Pat's have a few that would push for selection from what I've seen (probs in AIC 2, AIC 1 usually made up of players from top 3 teams) like Brown (Lock) Skelton (flanker) and Roberts (fullback). Eddies fly-half Auld will make one of the teams. Interesting thing about Eddies is that they have Tully (7) throwing in the lineout and I swear I've seen winger Roberts jump in the lineout so hooker heck must just play as another prop (could be a factor in selections), Ashgrove have strong forwards, the managed to win a few scrums against the head, frontrowers Cloake and McSweeney look good, Manning (fullback is very quick so could play wing) also very aggressive flanker called Furniss I think would push for number 2. Haven't seen anything from Villa but they must have some good players to have beaten Peter's, probs wont be any players from Padua or Lauries
Declan Kay (SLC) at 7, Lauries have good individual players but are having trouble playing as a team at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.