• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Wallabies, Dunedin, 19th October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
the 10-12 combo Cooper-To'omua should be set now, far, far better than with Lealiifano, although I don't know how much of that was because they were made to look good due to Ben Smith's "defence". Cooper kicked well enough!

And how good was Genia! Seems to really have found his form. Horwill no good, though.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I reckon there were periods in the second half where Joubert had strings of penalties in a row against both the Wallabies and All Blacks that I thought went the wrong way. Was a complete lottery.

Wallabies let down by ruck work and handling errors. Defensive alignment needs work too.
Both ways indeed. Just a shame the ab's scored off the turnover when the ab prop fishy release him. Should of never scored that try.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Liking this Quade 2.0 version.

To'omua-Kurindrani combo much better than I'd expected and coopers kicking was outstanding so I didn't miss Lilo at all. Forwards still not quite there though.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Question: Who was in which positions in the back line at the end? We had Foley, To'omua and Quade on right?

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Liking this Quade 2.0 version.

To'omua-Kurindrani combo much better than I'd expected and coopers kicking was outstanding so I didn't miss Lilo at all. Forwards still not quite there though.

The question is whether he can kick like that as consistently as lilo. He had a fantastic game but hes not an 85%+ kicker. Really like their combo though, that whole yin yang concept with a conservative outside Quade will always work well in opinion. And Matt is just a likeable player.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He was in Star Wars and in that Spartacus show.

It's just crazy to me the national pride Kiwis take in that movie which explores the broken parts of Kiwi society, gangs, alcohol, poverty, and violence particularly within the Maori culture. And yet they love it as if it's a nationalistic film.

If anybody has done any weights at all in an off season you can bet on day 1 of pre-season a Kiwi will say "too much weights, not enough speed work". Shesh.
That's actually what I was getting at.
That dude in the film clip just looked so limp and well arty farty.
I would have no problem arguing over the jukebox with that dude,but Jake the Muss......
Pass

M

Moono75

So from that game we stil the perenial muddy waters as to what is our best team.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I love AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) but when he got that short ball from QC (Quade Cooper) shortly before QC (Quade Cooper) made his first error for the night in the long pass to IF - he needed to catch and pass in 1 motion and we were in.
I know its easy sitting here and in hindsight but someone needs to be telling him these things so that next time at least he considers the option. its the weakness in his game.
He's still my first picked for everything else about him.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Trying my hand at the ratings again after another good game.
Slipper - 3. Ineffective for most of the game.
Moore - 6. Ran well, couple of errors but mostly outweighed by his overall impact.
Alexander - 5. Not bad, not good, outdone by his replacement.
Simmons - 5. Got stuff done, stuffed up too.
Horwill - 4. Ineffective, did some things right.
Mowen - 5. Good to see him at 6 again but he didn't do too well.
Hooper - 5. Good cancelled out bad.
McCalman - 5. Made an impact, kept looking for work.
Genia - 5. Neither here not there.
Cooper - 9. Absolutely superb. A well rounded a strong display, my MOTM.
Betham - 4. Tried hard but never really got into it.
To'omua - 7. A solid 12 and always good with the ball. Knew when to run and when to pass.
Kuridrani - 8. Great game all around!
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - 6. Didn't do badly, usual workman like self.
Folau - 6. Seemed like a good winger at fullback.

Fainga'a - 7. Did it all right. Great cameo.
Robinson - 6. Better than Alexander but not superb.
Kepu - 7. Played like an 8 fom the front row.
Timani - 6. More powerful than Horwill, did his work.
Dennis - No real impact.
White - DNP
Foley - 6. A real 10/15 combo who always threatened. A couple of dropped balls.
Harris - DNP

T

TooEasyWobbles

Jesus, what a shocker for the Wallabies. They did okay, but that was an All Blacks B team. They'll be shell shocked after that.

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)
Jesus, what a shocker for the Wallabies. They did okay, but that was an All Blacks B team. They'll be shell shocked after that.
dontfeedthetroll.jpg

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I watched the game thought it had every thing, don't be to hard on your players, they played very well, which makes me wonder how can a team play so well yet lose.
The ABs play at 110% from start to finish without to many mistakes, they suck you in then go wide, you make a mistake and they seem to switch on em-mass collectively they are brilliant individually they are good but, there are other players around the world as good if not better yet their team don't have the collective cohesion the ABs have. Brilliant game to watch and I think your team is on the rise. Thought the argies would beat you down there but they didn't and the Borge will have their work cut out come the next championship, looking forward to our meeting coming soon.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That's absolute garbage - of the All Blacks 23, only Franks, Smith, and arguably Jane & McCaw (Cane has played better than him this year IMO) were missing, but otherwise it was a full strength team.

But then again your username is a troll, so can't take anything you say serious can we

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You lot got owned in the collisions.

Too many of your forwards are completely inadequate at the breakdown and get physically outmuscled. The Wallaby forwards don't make enough dominant tackles. They just stop people.When carrying they get stopped too easily and as a result all your phase ball comes too slow and you donlt build enough go forward.

Dunno what Link is going to do.

I reckon To'omua and Kuridrani is the go. But without some bastardy upfront you can forget it,

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Our lock combo has to be looked at. I would love to see Sam Carter on the end of year tour and to see Fardy looked at as lock option. When Higgers is back Fardy would be damn useful in the second row. I know some will say he is too small to be an international lock but he is taller and heavier than Brad Thorn.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That's absolute garbage - of the All Blacks 23, only Franks, Smith, and arguably Jane & McCaw (Cane has played better than him this year IMO) were missing, but otherwise it was a full strength team.

But then again your username is a troll, so can't take anything you say serious can we
Bairdy DON'T FEED THE TROLL, it only encourages idiots like him

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thoroughly enjoyed the test, have spoken to family from NZ who all seem to say same thing, were all glad to see Wallabies play better. Thought QC (Quade Cooper) played best game for quite some time, obviously Wallaby loosies need to harden up, and not convinced Horwill is as good as claimed, can't remember him ever dominating a game, but still not too bad at all as a team effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.