• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Wallabies, Dunedin, 19th October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muttonbird

Married couple without any children... :rolleyes:
Haha.

But I've never seen reference to this term before. I'm guessing it's a tackle made while the tackled player is still able to get the pass away, ie a tackle where there was an offload.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Robinson
Moore
Alexander
Simmons
Horwill
Mowen
Hooper
MCCalman
Genia
Cooper
Cummins
To'omua
Kuridrani
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Folau

Fainga'a, Slipper, Kepu, Timani, Gill, White, Foley, Harris

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Not sure that there was universal support for the proposition that the other two 12's ahead of him at his franchise have acquitted themselves particularly well in Gold.
What does that suggest about his prospects of excelling in Gold?
Thank Christ we're not playing anyone good!

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Bloody hell there must be something wrong with the S&C over there at the moment. To have 2 young, and presumably fit and keen wingers both having hamstring issues at the same time is a bit of an issue. It might just be coincidence, but then the injury toll for the Wallabies for the last couple of years has been horrendous.

Far too many young players getting injured - older ones I can understand.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Bloody hell there must be something wrong with the S&C over there at the moment. To have 2 young, and presumably fit and keen wingers both having hamstring issues at the same time is a bit of an issue. It might just be coincidence, but then the injury toll for the Wallabies for the last couple of years has been horrendous.

Far too many young players getting injured - older ones I can understand.
F Sautia seems to have glass hamstrings

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I am absolutely baffled with the concept Harris is a test player again.

Can someone please enlighten me to thinking behind his selection? At least Horne or Faainga are defensively strong, they have some acknowledgeable strengths to their games. We might as well have selected Tom Carter

Meh, ABs by 25

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
What is an ineffective tackle?

A tackle where although contact is made by the tackler, the tacklee is unimpeded.
Muttonbird, an analogy might be when you make contact with a good looking chick, but she carries on as though you're not there:p

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

Can someone please enlighten me to thinking behind his selection? At least Horne or Faainga are defensively strong, they have some acknowledgeable strengths to their games.

Harris is a test player again because all other options are injured (bar Taps and Horne). So I don't know why anyone is really shocked at his inclusion, what is shocking is why Horne is on the outer.

The only possible answer I've come up with is, Horne hadn't committed to Australian rugby at the time the Wallaby extended squad was announced. Link has said he picked a squad that he could draw players from who know about the game plan etc etc. So, because Horne wasn't in that 40+ man squad originally, he's not getting a look in.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Harris is a test player again because all other options are injured (bar Taps and Horne). So I don't know why anyone is really shocked at his inclusion, what is shocking is why Horne is on the outer.

The only possible answer I've come up with is, Horne hadn't committed to Australian rugby at the time the Wallaby extended squad was announced. Link has said he picked a squad that he could draw players from who know about the game plan etc etc. So, because Horne wasn't in that 40+ man squad originally, he's not getting a look in.

Horne was already signed with the Waratahs for 2014, IIRC.

Harris has been picked for an obvious reason: if Foley or Cooper role an ankle getting out of bed on Saturday, no one else can kick goals except Nick White. That said, he really isn't up to standard in any other aspect of the game. Baffling beyond the goal kicking.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Harris is just a good player. Not great and you'd pick others over him, but he does his job well. A second Lilo-style 12 is essential to his game plan too, apparently.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why would he be denying players who weren't part of the wider squad for one week in July over players that were?

Did Link hand out his entire quota of Samsung tablets and Wallaby tracksuits in July and doesn't want to tell Horne that he needs to wear his pre-Link training gear and keep using an old mobile phone??

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
He's specifically mentioned on the podcast that they selected 40 guys they thought they could work with, they all undertook briefings, training etc regarding the game plan they want to play, the various calls they're going to be using. So until all replacements have been used, he's not going to venture outside of that group.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He's specifically mentioned on the podcast that they selected 40 guys they thought they could work with, they all undertook briefings, training etc regarding the game plan they want to play, the various calls they're going to be using. So until all replacements have been used, he's not going to venture outside of that group.
To me, that sounds like a very strangely rigid approach, especially given the Wallaby propensity for dorking themselves in recent years with all nature of injuries. If indeed that was what he meant.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)

Can someone please enlighten me to thinking behind his selection? At least Horne or Faainga are defensively strong, they have some acknowledgeable strengths to their games. We might as well have selected Tom Carter

Meh, ABs by 25

I'd think harris is a goal kicking back up... going to be a tough night in Dunedin... hate to say it but I think it will be the ABs by as many as they want... sadly...

Status
Not open for further replies.