• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
AB side named.
Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Ben Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Charlie Piutau, Dan Carter, Aaron Smith; Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (capt), Liam Messam, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Steven Luatua, Sam Cane, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Aaron Cruden, Ryan Crotty.

Julian Savea has had the flu.
Owen Franks under pressure to perform.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
They are taking Les Frogge seriously. Apart from B Smith for C Smith, that wouldn't be too far of their top squad. Not all that much between Piutau and Savea the elder.

Wonder what Froggie team will show up? They have been a bit of a banana skin team for the Darkness on occasions.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
If anybody can please tell me why I'm not bothered in the slightest about this game, I'd strongly appreciate it. I think I was more interested in the Japan game.

Actually I think I know - I'm bored of the French - everybody says the same old same old ... flair... which team will turn up.. unpredictable.. banana skin.. .bogey team etc etc. I haven't enjoyed watching France play anybody for years. Lethargic vs us this year, terrible 6N, just crap.

I can honestly say I'd rather watch us lose to the French with them playing some awesome French-Of-Old rugby than watch us win against the uninspiring French-Of-New team.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The French will definitely turn up for this match. Remembrance Day will surely be at the forefront of their minds. And they'll want revenge for the 3-0 whitewash in June.

Be very afraid!

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Hugely experienced AB team-three players with over 100 tests each, 853 caps in the starting XV, and 112 caps on the bench.
Great thing is the French won't give a toss about all that experience.

ABs by 12

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I would love to get my hands on whatever drugs the French selectors are smoking, team announced:

15 Brice Dulin, 14 Yoann Huget, 13 Florian Fritz, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Maxime Médard, 10 Remi Tales, 9 Morgan Parra, 8 Damian Chouly, 7 Wenceslas Lauret, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (capt), 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Pascal Papé, 3 Nicolas Mas, 2 Benjamin Kayser, 1 Yannick Forestier.

16 Dimitri Szarzewski, 17 Vincent Debaty, 18 Rabah Slimani, 19 Sebastien Vahaamahina, 20 Antonie Claassen, 21 Jean-Marc Doussain, 22 Camille Lopez, 23 Gael Fickou.

Trinh-Duc snubbed for a 29 year old with virtually no test caps, again.

Back row is a fucking joke with the selections at 7 and Picamoles out injured (I believe).

French are going to get bent over.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
At least PSA no longer persists with Michalak.
However, is it possible that Francois Trinh Duc is a massive c*** behind the scenes, al a a certain Australian star

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Have never heard or read anything to indicate that type of behavior.

He's been the form fly half in Top 14 for a bit now (at least in my eyes) and has more or less carried Montpellier through some of their games this season. He's had streaky international form in the past but who wouldn't with Lievremont chopping and changing the lineup for so long? What upsets me is that he has the experience and is currently on form but is being dropped for a player with practically no experience and much less developmental potential looking towards the future.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
All Blacks will be playing in white jerseys to avoid clash, apparently with red poppies on sleeve to commerate Armistace day.
Interesting that Shag says if Savea had trained all week Piatau would of started ahaed of Jane.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Vote of confidence in Piatau, good on him. I still think Jane is one of the best wingers in the world but I understand this.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Armistice Day playing in Paris in white with poppies on them for the Gallagher trophy. I'm relatively certain the All Blacks will be fired up....

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Jane would surely have to be behind Piatua. How much rugby has he played this year? 90 mins in the ITM?

M

Muttonbird

aenas, I get a feeling La French fire up for these games too.

All Blacks defending a 40 year winning streak in Paris. All these things will be made apparent to the playing squad.

M

Muttonbird

We drew there in 2002, so that ain't right.

Ok, so the All Blacks are defending a 40 year unbeaten streak in Paris. Carly Simon, The Carpenters, and Wings were big the last time France beat the All Blacks in Paris. Just painting a picture for you Rage.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I would love to get my hands on whatever drugs the French selectors are smoking, team announced:

15 Brice Dulin, 14 Yoann Huget, 13 Florian Fritz, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Maxime Médard, 10 Remi Tales, 9 Morgan Parra, 8 Damian Chouly, 7 Wenceslas Lauret, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (capt), 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Pascal Papé, 3 Nicolas Mas, 2 Benjamin Kayser, 1 Yannick Forestier.

16 Dimitri Szarzewski, 17 Vincent Debaty, 18 Rabah Slimani, 19 Sebastien Vahaamahina, 20 Antonie Claassen, 21 Jean-Marc Doussain, 22 Camille Lopez, 23 Gael Fickou.

If you selected a joint 23 from the two teams then the only certainty for a start IMO would be Mas. Dusautoir would make the bench, as would Fofana and maybe Parra and Pape. The French will have to play the game of a lifetime to even stay close.

Status
Not open for further replies.