• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Yes. Serious.

France look to be all over the show. Some of the selections are bizarre.
New combinations.
A "who the fuck is he" 29 year old journeyman at 10.
Dusatoir should not be there. He has been terrible for Toulouse. T
he AB's beat us in the best rugby we played in years as a team on the up and they are a very settled team with a cracking bench.
When last have you seen a French team playing rugby that worries you?

I would be astounded if it's close.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
It's France though, they always seem like a rabble. Half the time they're the pits and half the time they come out and perform well. Tough to predict this one as a result but I'd say NZ by a couple of tries, say 12 points.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
No one would have predicted France making the RWC final last time. They play the best when you least expect it.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
That was a tremendous first half. Plenty of French attack repelled by very aggressive AB defence.

Atmosphere intense with crowd sensing the possibility of an inaugural French victory in Paris. Well worth tuning in for the 2nd half.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Les Frogges. Never know who is going to show up or how they will play.

Plenty of pressure being put on The Whiteness. Should be a belter of a second half.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wouldn't think that France won the 6N wooden spoon.

The Darkness would not be happy with their mistake rate, quite a few first up tackles missed, >10 penalties, and front row looked a bit suspect at scrum time but the Stade de France surface didn't help.

Probably a good wake up call for them.

A NH tour is not a "gap year" jolly around Europe, even though the NH teams seem to struggle when they venture down under.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bit disappointed with the quality of that field, with new scrum laws requiring everyone to push at international level I think you should expect to get a field that doesn't fall apart like that. By gee young Piatau is looking not bad isn't he, causing Shag selection headaches next week. Reall struck me as a nice kid in that after game interview.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Piutau. Wow.

Brodie Retallick is scary good too.

France continue to confuse, they played really well but they'll probably come out and play terribly their next game.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The French will definitely turn up for this match. Remembrance Day will surely be at the forefront of their minds. And they'll want revenge for the 3-0 whitewash in June.
I hate to say I told you so, but you don't write off the French against NZ.

I've yet to watch the match, but if the scores are anything to go by, it must've been a cracker.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I really enjoyed this game.
If I was paid to work it out I'd examine closely the French non-use of the static pod , or infrequent use, anyway.
There's a lesson in it for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.