• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks vs Springbokke @ Wellington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
now i have calmed down, i think everyone will notice that t he physically in the tackle and rucks was up a notch or too from all previous games.
and it really annoys me when the nz commentators call it so unbiased as exampled by matfields getting trapped at tackle time and not rolling away. bring on the fox commentary team lol

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
now i have calmed down, i think everyone will notice that t he physically in the tackle and rucks was up a notch or too from all previous games.
and it really annoys me when the nz commentators call it so unbiased as exampled by matfields getting trapped at tackle time and not rolling away. bring on the fox commentary team lol

Marshall backed off on the replay - but watch it in realtime: bloody ridiculous but still the best officiating from a european since versailles

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Painstakingly-practised reenactment of 7"3
Jood de Soemthing going into touch at the death:
torandrunk.gif

Much respect to the bokkes really though. They are the business. Especially at the breakdown. Any miniscule lapse in NZ sealing off and bam, they're in. Especially that psychotic caveman Vermeulen.

S.Cane: MURDER.

Mccaw's try off Read's aerial guile off Cruden's pinpoint crosskick was The Absolute Standard of Excellence in Motion.

Deserved to be the difference in such an epic contest.

When Mccaw went over in the corner there, frankly, I almost had a heart attack in my trousers.

3 weeks til' Ellis Pawk rematch, Bokkes running out of chances though, once their spastic 5 bleck quota kicks in.

Poor bastards.

It must be so weird living in phantom-limb apartheid bizarro world.

Half the time I forget NZ's bleck players are even bleck!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Fuck. No composure at the end.

So incredibly fucking sick of losing close games to the ABs.

Just had a total gutful of it.

Where was the composure when we needed it?

Le Roux and Hougaard were godawful.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
If Strauss and Pienarr were still on the park theyd have won this already.

Du Plessis and Hougaard have been abysmal and even I, a neutral, have found myself screaming at the tv.

Awful. Hougaard is not scrumhalf's arse.

What has happened to Bismarck's lineout throwing?

We lost because we cannot do the basics when it matters.

We do everything to win games and then the basics fall to shit.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The lineouts under Strausse throwing in were very solid. Bismark throws were pants and understandable why he was benched, and probably will be benched plenty more unless he sorts out the throws.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Almost, just not good enough. Some good signs with Pollard.
Good close game.
Certainly better than watching some naff NFL Blue.
From that I suspect you do not watch the NFL. Naff is the last word I would choose to describe it.

We lost the the AB's. AGAIN.

Who gives a fuck that it was a "good close game".

We are simply shit when it matters. The word "clinical" does not exist in Bok vernacular. The basic execution in that last 20 minutes was at times comical. Hougaard and LE Roux's passing. Bismarck's throwing. Amateurish. Did we put the ball through more than three phases on attack?

Did not deserve to win.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Great game again, and naturally happy with the score. Commiserations to the bokke-doesn't come much closer than this (wait-the Oz game was closer)

Best part though was the officiating crew. Top marks to them and the ensuing flowing game

Froggies from last week take note-this is how it's done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You blokes are short in the top 2 inches.
If you don't have belief in your systems and your ability to execute under pressure,you will continually lose close games.
Just like you have done twice in the last week.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
It was a slight dig at you Blue and yes I do. After reading your post I should have dug deeper.
Yes I see improvement but you appear not to.
Just as frustrated maybe not as angry. I TRY to keep the faith.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
The lineouts under Strausse throwing in were very solid. Bismark throws were pants and understandable why he was benched, and probably will be benched plenty more unless he sorts out the throws.
As should me-a-bloody-lamu. Time to hang up the boots champ. Big prediction from me- he won't be enjoying mushy peas and chips in England next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It was a slight dig at you Blue and yes I do. After reading your post I should have dug deeper.
Yes I see improvement but you appear not to.
Just as frustrated maybe not as angry. I TRY to keep the faith.

I don't know if live on faith any longer. It's the same thing against the ABs year in and year out. Like last week when we should have scored, we could not yet again.

To yet again have a game in the balance and then lose because of a lack of basics just does my nut.

I'm just sick of it and I will be dead honest with you I am perilously close to losing faith. I donut quite know what that means but will let you know if I find out.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good game. I don't know why people are sulking. Everyone were wondering how we'd keep pace with the ABs (particularly local folk). We lost by 4 and we could have won that game. Bismarck had a shocker and Le Roux made one save but other than that he was terrible as well.

Some good news is our scrum was decent and we uncovered a 20 year old fly half that attacked the gainline, made good tactical kicks, helped set up a try and defended well.

I do feel a little pissed. This is a game we could definitely have taken.

Great sportsmanship by the kiwis afterwards as usual.

Phenomenal how NZ just attacked wave after wave. It was a great game to watch. I feel really sorry for Duane, he did so much good and yet he walks away with no spoils.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Painstakingly-practised reenactment of 7"3
Jood de Soemthing going into touch at the death:
torandrunk.gif

Much respect to the bokkes really though. They are the business. Especially at the breakdown. Any miniscule lapse in NZ sealing off and bam, they're in. Especially that psychotic caveman Vermeulen.

S.Cane: MURDER.

Mccaw's try off Read's aerial guile off Cruden's pinpoint crosskick was The Absolute Standard of Excellence in Motion.

Deserved to be the difference in such an epic contest.

When Mccaw went over in the corner there, frankly, I almost had a heart attack in my trousers.

3 weeks til' Ellis Pawk rematch, Bokkes running out of chances though, once their spastic 5 bleck quota kicks in.

Poor bastards.

It must be so weird living in phantom-limb apartheid bizarro world.

Half the time I forget NZ's bleck players are even bleck!
You're a lucky man. Myself and my generation now suffer for the faults of those before us. Sucks but that's the way it is I guess.

Hopefully some bombs will be thrown on the future Bok team as well.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Awful. Hougaard is not scrumhalf's arse.

What has happened to Bismarck's lineout throwing?

We lost because we cannot do the basics when it matters.

We do everything to win games and then the basics fall to shit.
I'm just having a quiet moment here. Yes, it would appear I was not so wrong about Pienaar last week after all.

Hougaard is a very food provincial player suited to running with the ball. It's difficult for me to see his value in an international squad. I guess his versatility and ecperience helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.