• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Andrew Fifita

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I wish you east coasters knew how silly you look to us poor cousins of the ARU.

Bitching about which out of you two are the favourite child, while we get shipped off to the orphanage.

I notice that accusations of favouritism have yet to be labelled at the 3 other Super franchises, because it would be preposterous and everyone knows it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I wish you east coasters knew how silly you look to us poor cousins of the ARU.

Bitching about which out of you two are the favourite child, while we get shipped off to the orphanage.

I notice that accusations of favouritism have yet to be labelled at the 3 other Super franchises, because it would be preposterous and everyone knows it.
Hey, you guys have seceded (damn these tiny keyboards) from Aus and become a Bok feeder team ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
If you want to catch this New South Welshman, you're going to need a bigger boat.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

On my way!
dunning-sailing-300x250.jpg

kambah mick

Chris McKivat (8)
Fifita is a very good footballer, but he is apparently prone to "off field incidents". He would need to go to a coach with a strong disciplinary record.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What's he been involved in off-field?

It was leave Sydney or go to jail: Fifita

THE magistrate couldn't have made it any clearer for Wests Tigers prop Andrew Fifita: "Either get out of Sydney or I'm sending you to jail."
Having just turned 18, Fifita was caught in a dangerous cycle of gangs and violence in western Sydney, running amok in Mt Druitt, Quakers Hill and Doonside.
Three years and a stint in the infamous NSW country town of Griffith later, Fifita has transformed himself into one of the NRL's hottest prospects.
"I had to get out of Sydney because I was already on bail conditions. I'd been in another fight and then there was a big riot with weapons out at Doonside. That's what happens and you learn your lesson.
"It was either go to jail or get out of Sydney, so I went back to Griffith. My best mate Michael McLeod was the only one who visited me. He showed me what true friends are."
He finished his HSC, re-connected with rugby league, got a contract offer to play rugby union with the ACT Brumbies, a part-time offer from Cronulla and then a full-time deal with Wests Tigers.

T

TOCC

Just about every Polynesian coming out of Western Sydney or Logan has been affiliated with a gang, it's practically a right of passage for those kids these days

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think that ones a long bow. We're talking about from before the bloke finished school. Hasn't been reported to be in any trouble since.

I agree.

It sounds more like he's got his life in order than someone who is trouble.

You've got to think that the lack of problems he's caused in the last six years (he's 24 now) outweigh the trouble he was in as a kid.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
From an article I read it quoted him saying he will sign something in March and it seemed to indicate he would like to stay where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.