• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Andrew Fifita

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
From an article I read it quoted him saying he will sign something in March and it seemed to indicate he would like to stay where he is.

What he is quoted as saying or thinking now is pretty irrelevant, I reckon. He is probably doing and saying what his agent tells him to.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Find it funny that people who obviously spend time watching footy and typing away on Chat pages don't know who Fifita is. At lest we havent had the"not another league import" argument.
Very positive move from a ready made big hitting number 8 with a great running game and beautiful ball skills who is a rugby junior(probably both codes) coming home.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Find it funny that people who obviously spend time watching footy and typing away on Chat pages don't know who Fifita is. At lest we havent had the"not another league import" argument.

I find it funny that someone would be so naive to think that rugby league gets any press outside of Sydney or Brisbane.........

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
I live in Melbourne, and rugby league gets absolutely no media coverage down here....

And like a lot of rugby fans, I don't follow rugby league.....
While I think the internet has changed thinks a bit,I know where you are coming from,Slim.I lived in Melbourne in late 80's and it always used to amuse me when you tried to look up rugby(league or union)scores in the paper,they were grouped under the name rugby and you would see such things as St.George 16 d Canterbury 3,Randwick 24 d Eastwood 18 etc.You had to separate the union from the league clubs.
Seems like nothing has changed!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unless I'm actively pursuing information regarding any of the rugby codes, down here I could go through life completely ignorant of anything going on in either sport........

T

TOCC

Fuck me that's pretty offensive...

Comeon mate, the context of the quote was affiliation, if you grow up in these areas you're going to know someone who is involved in or related to a person whose had dealing with a gang of some description. Polynesians moreso because of their wider community involvement through church and wider family groups.

The point i was making is that it's easy to draw a long bow when talking about gang involvement

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Very positive move from a ready made big hitting number 8 with a great running game and beautiful ball skills who is a rugby junior(probably both codes) coming home.​

I didn't know who karmichael Hunt or Izzy Falou were until they were signed by AFL teams and it was in the papers that two of the biggest names in NRL had been poached.

I wasn't even aware that the Storm had won all of those premierships until it was in the news that they were being taken back. Today, I still couldn't name three Storm players.

Still somehow managed to follow rugby though :)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Comeon mate, the context of the quote was affiliation, if you grow up in these areas you're going to know someone who is involved in or related to a person whose had dealing with a gang of some description. Polynesians moreso because of their wider community involvement through church and wider family groups.

The point i was making is that it's easy to draw a long bow when talking about gang involvement

You're not doing yourself any favours here mate. Contrary to the stereotype places like Western Sydney aren't swarming with gangs to the point practically everyone either know's or know's of someone in a gang.

T

TOCC

You have taken my comment out of context and that was that the media draws long bows on linking people with gang activities purely by affiliation.

It has nothing to do with racial stereotyping, in logan the issue has been highlighted numerous times:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...e-youths-top-cop-concedes-20130118-2cx0e.html
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a-powerful-punch/story-fni3fr51-1226654050837

Anyway, il step away from this conversation now, if you want to continue it then PM me

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I didn't know who karmichael Hunt or Izzy Falou were until they were signed by AFL teams and it was in the papers that two of the biggest names in NRL had been poached.

I wasn't even aware that the Storm had won all of those premierships until it was in the news that they were being taken back. Today, I still couldn't name three Storm players.

Still somehow managed to follow rugby though :)

Really ? Im surprised.. as a rugby fan you never heard of izzy or cam smith or cooper cronk (a young union player) What about Will Chambers .. Im not a big league fan or AFL fan.. but I know the star's and if you hadn;t heard of Izzy as a union fan (with the other league's before him) you have been living under a bridge with out a tv and cover your ears when people talk to you..

I know who Gary Abblet is .. and I've never watched a game of AFL in my life.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

To say that being affiliated with a gang is a rite of passage for polynesian kids is offensive - bottom line.

People were talking about how Fifita had been in trouble as a youth and your comment was that this is just part of growing up as a polynesian in West Sydney and Logan. This is the norm, this is just what they do.

As a polynesian, I found that pretty offensive and to me, showed how little you know polynesians.

I'll step away now as well.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Unless I'm actively pursuing information regarding any of the rugby codes, down here I could go through life completely ignorant of anything going on in either sport....

Go grab a copy of the Herald Sun. There is stuff regularly in there about the Storm. IIRC they still sponsor them.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Unless I'm actively pursuing information regarding any of the rugby codes, down here I could go through life completely ignorant of anything going on in either sport....

Go grab a copy of the Herald Sun. There is stuff regularly in there about the Storm. IIRC they still sponsor them.

Try living in South Australia. Murdoch's rag is the only game in town and it'll be a cold day in hell before rugby gets much of a mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.