• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia, Mendoza 4/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Agree entirely, it's the only way to stamp it out..add to that, find the laser and its owner and remove them from the ground

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And give the fluffybunny a touch up on the way out!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wouldn't have wanted a single bench player to start. Makes it hard when you don't have 2 world class options in positions.

Normally no as sometimes you don't even require them but this was a game where there were going to be critical so may as well get the better players on the field at the end.

T

Train Without a Station

But seriously can anybody say Argentina deserved to win? They scored a try they deserved and maybe threatened once or twice more in the whole game.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Don't know how that would work. I would bring a laser to the game and point it at the kicker so the team I was going for would get the points.

Though neighbouring opposition fans might swiftly insert that laser somewhere it won't shine

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Here we go again. "It's all the ref's fault that we lost". Frogs droppings.

Getting sick of this default blaming the Ref for poor wobs performances. Making you (us) all sound like worse than the bloody Soap Dodging Poms, and it is not a good look.
To be fair the non try to kuridrani and a number of other decisions probably did cost us this one. Unlike most of the other "we were robbed" calls which were rubbish.
You can bang on as much as you want about how we should be good enough to take the ref out of the equation, but we aren't. And so we need a few decisions to go our way (or at least not be blatantly wrong!)

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
gk4xuZY.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Agree entirely, it's the only way to stamp it out..add to that, find the laser and its owner and remove them from the ground

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I love the idea, but we could find games held up for half an hour until the person is found. I not sure what the answer is, but I don't think that would work. I can't even begin to understand why anyone would do it, but perhaps need to be some serious thought so as not to make teams take punishment for idiots in crowd!

Muzza

Herbert Moran (7)
how does a team ranked 12th beat a team that was playing for 2nd place last week???? There is something seriously wrong in the wallaby ranks!

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
To be fair the non try to kuridrani and a number of other decisions probably did cost us this one. Unlike most of the other "we were robbed" calls which were rubbish.
You can bang on as much as you want about how we should be good enough to take the ref out of the equation, but we aren't. And so we need a few decisions to go our way (or at least not be blatantly wrong!)

I didn't see footage of the TK ball grounded over the line. Did you?

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
It's clearly a team tactic,recently there have been a number of these kicks each game.if it wasn't a tactic they would have been stopped after the first game they were attempted.

I agree, I said the same about To'omua's poor efforts last week. The trouble is that it's a such low percentage play at the best of times and add our poor execution to the mix it's continually causing this fan to rip out what little hair he has left.

If you analysed the woeful returns from these dribbles during the last 2 weeks alone you'd conclude every time that ball in hand was the better and perhaps winning option.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Yep was one of the last angles shown, was dark but could see the ball on the ground.

I didn't see that. I saw a ball on the ground but it wasn't clear that it was over the line because the line wasn't visible in the shot.

Are you saying the TMO and Owens were conspiring against Australia?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
But seriously can anybody say Argentina deserved to win? They scored a try they deserved and maybe threatened once or twice more in the whole game.

Pumas played simple, straightforward, winning rugby. They have the win because of it. When they kicked, they did it with purpose. When they ran, they did it with purpose. Their set piece was accurate and boisterous, again with purpose.

Bloody well done them.

Best of all, they knew how the ref was going to do things, and used that to their advantage. Owens favours the side with the ball - if Link and his entire staff down to the dirt trackers didn't understand that after the last quarter of last week, then they're just not fucking paying attention.

Instead we committed minimal numbers to the breakdown and let ourselves get turned over or kick it away in frustration. Hardly a surprise we can't find the legs for a try at the end.

OK, Hooper's yellow card was borderline, but when you're 73 minutes into being the ref's worst enemy, you're not likely to get any tuggies from the bloke. Its no surprise Owens was looking for infringements on our part either; if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, ITS A FUCKING DUCK.

Its at this point, I'm done with Hooper as captain. A good captain keeps his fucking players in line, but most of all gets a rapport going with the ref in order to get his point across. It means little when you're winning handsomely, but is a great help when you're under the pump.

There were several rucks where we basically just gave away the ball or a stupid penalty because we weren't clinical enough in our cleanout.

Then there was the lateral running, like we were afraid of getting tackled. The whole forward pack has to take blame for that because they achieved jack fucking shit in close. The lineout was the only functional part of our game, and then barely.

The backs had bugger all to work with, and then when they DID get it, they fucking kicked it away, ran sideways, or otherwise made stupid decisions under the impression that the Argies weren't going to defend their home ground with a passion.

The coaching staff are the first lot under the microscope, and it isn't pretty. It was clear our forwards were fucked from last week, and yet the bench wasn't utilised until too late, for what was a long week after the stuffing was knocked out by the Boks.

After that, the players need their fucking heads examined. Why the fuck, knowing how Owens refs, wouldn't you let them have the ruck ball, then just fan out and smash the next runner?

Just basic fucking rugby.

Wallabies jersey going in the drawer. I doubt whether it will come out again this year. Fuck getting up at arse o'clock to watch them get smacked about like schoolboys.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
our ruck work was non existent all game and who do we have sitting on the bench? Matt Hodgson.

Do we bring him on at any stage of the game? No we take off Higgers and replace him with a debutant who is only there because of a long list of injury's.

I just don't get it surly the coach's could see we where getting smashed off the ball on both attack and defence why not try and remedy that by bringing someone like Hodgo on?

Hooper and Higgers apart from the first 5 mins both had shockers.

Change needs to happen big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.