• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia, Mendoza 4/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Here we go again. "It's all the ref's fault that we lost". Frogs droppings.

Getting sick of this default blaming the Ref for poor wobs performances. Making you (us) all sound like worse than the bloody Soap Dodging Poms, and it is not a good look.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The unforunate thing I think maybe the result will be the catalyst to bring back Genia and or Cooper, which I don't have problem with, just think that will not sort out one of big problems. The forwards just aren't dominating anyone enough! Though to be fair someone to sort out the Wallabies ability to use turnover ball maybe good. Am I being harsh or do others think think the Wallabies take an age to reset when they win a turnover?

Bear that beat Kobayashi

Bob McCowan (2)
I called it last week - Nigel Owens is a complete joke.

What I can't possibly understand is why the IRB would send him all the way from South Africa to Argentina to ref, especially when there was already an international ref in Argentina from the Arg. v NZ game the week before. Clearly they know that he's the best ref if you want to screw over the Aussies, and made sure that they shipped him over at a point where we're most vulnerable.

This can't stand. I have been convinced for the past few years that there's a conspiracy against the Wallabies but I've yet to hear the media ever say a bad word about referring. Us Australians need to take a page out of the Saffa, NZ and NH book by having a huge media beat up about how poor the referring is. We need to have coaches and players taking a stand; we need to have fans angry; we need to have administrators come out in force.

I am sick of it, and to be honest it's completely ruined my passion for this game.

And the IRB get a win from this as now the Argentinians will have more passion for games thus buy more tickets thus more money for the game. If the calls were even then the score would be completely different

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
SANZAR (or whoever is in charge of the RC) need to issue a directive. If an opposition player is targeted by a laser the ref immediately awards the kick as if it had been successful.

That will stamp it out in two seconds flat.

And then the ground staff need it get off their arses and find the pricks with the lasers during the game.

Don't know how that would work. I would bring a laser to the game and point it at the kicker so the team I was going for would get the points.

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You work out what his hot spots are,and you make sure you don't infringe there if you want to win the game.

Last week Daffyd refused to call "not rolling away" or "not releasing the tackled player" to the overwhelming benefit of the yarps, who obstructed those specific laws to their benefit.
This week, when Australia (and exclusively Australia, he didn't call it when Argentina did it) attempted to utilise the same tactics - which I think is reasonable considering he established a precedent for ignoring those infringements - he destroyed us for it.

None of this has to do with discipline. The Australians certainly break rules, there's no denying that, but literally every other international test XV does as well!
The reality is that every team breaks the same laws with the same frequency, and instances in which there's a penalty count as skewed as today's (and last week's) don't indicate that one team is worse behaved than the other. The only thing it shows is that the ref. went into the game with a loaded agenda, as he did last week. He effectively had one eye open - he ignored cases where Argentina broke rules, even when he had a precedent to call them from earlier incidents involving Australia, and at every possible opportunity he would look for a reason to penalise Australia.

Putting his biases to one side, he just made a lot of incompetent calls. In the first few minutes for instance they knocked on, but got the scrum fed because he had a brain snap; the yellow card on Hooper was a disgrace, the Folau incident was a disgrace, Kuridrani scored his 2nd try, and so on.

I swear, one of these days I'm going to do a Green and Gold style analysis of every fuck up and prejudiced decision these refs make against us. I will go through each ruck, maul, line out, scrum, etc simply to prove my point to a non-existent audience.

Rant over, death to Daffyd.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I do think the Pumas deserve a lot of credit, they played very good, hard, rugby.

We played like losers, frankly.

Talking about Izzy, I would like somebody to tell him that he would be a lot more of a threat if he accelerated as soon as he catches the ball in defence.

He has fallen into the habit of dawdling for the first few steps, giving the on- coming defence plenty of time to organise themselves.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Argentina vs Australia
Detailed Match Report:
lasers_zps5e0aea7b.gif
I had a good laugh at this. I did not watch the game but I've been reading about the lazers on various sites.

I did say a few days ago that if Arg were in it at the 60 min mark it could get interesting and potentially tough for Australia. That it had to happen for them on the back of what I hear have been bad decisions etc. is a pity.

Still, congratulations to Argentina for managing to end the game on the right side of the score sheet to record their first win in the RC.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He did. Horwill and Higgers started meaning two new legs on the bench. Still ineffective.

They weren't the bench players though, they were starters because of injury. What I mean is by having the bench players start you've got the better/experienced players on in the last 20 where it's going to be critical.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
You can't launch yourself into the kicker's face. Any captain of a test side should be well aware of this unless he has not bothered watching any pro rugby over the last 5 years. It doesn't matter when you take off or how focused on the ball you are. When you do a 180 in the air so your back is to the kicker, you can't complain about the yellow card if your bum winds up in the kicker's face.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Here we go again. "It's all the ref's fault that we lost". Frogs droppings.

Getting sick of this default blaming the Ref for poor wobs performances. Making you (us) all sound like worse than the bloody Soap Dodging Poms, and it is not a good look.

Sorry mr Jarse , im not usually one to blame referees . But that (especially the last 10 minutes) was an absolute disgrace . From the green laser onwards it was just a massive "shit of the bed" from him.

Im a big fan of the argies as a team and always said they would get their first victory over us , but that last 10 minutes especially along with the laser in the eye has just tarnished would should be a genuine celebration of their first win - I can't do that tonight, that was just such a disgusting thing to witness.

T

Train Without a Station

I agree aka. One ruck he called a scrum when Phipps was unable to cleanly pick up the ball because a lazy tackling was laying on top of it behind the Australian ruck. Let it go both fucking ways, or penalise it both fucking ways. Owen had an average game, but he wasn't why we lost.

But what is going on with the Tk try? Every other fucking game has a sideline camera. The one angle which would have shown it and suddenly there's no camera there for this game?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
We don't travel well, 3 losses on the road, 2 wins and a draw at home..none of the wins were convincing and 2 of the losses were. We need to be an overall 15 point better team by this time next year to even make it past the quarters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
The unforunate thing I think maybe the result will be the catalyst to bring back Genia and or Cooper, which I don't have problem with, just think that will not sort out one of big problems. The forwards just aren't dominating anyone enough! Though to be fair someone to sort out the Wallabies ability to use turnover ball maybe good. Am I being harsh or do others think think the Wallabies take an age to reset when they win a turnover?

Absolutely, it's not just turnover ball it's most attacking areas we are a little slow to strike. It wouldn't be such an issue if our pack was more dominant but as it stands they're only ever capable of brief stints in charge so we have to be faster and more lethal when we get our chances. Whatever you may think of Quade, he doesn't ignore opportunity and isn't afraid to take his chances.

Kate Elizabeth

Herbert Moran (7)
They weren't the bench players though, they were starters because of injury. What I mean is by having the bench players start you've got the better/experienced players on in the last 20 where it's going to be critical.
Ah. Interesting point but I would rather have 23 players who are all better/experienced, rather than the two tiers we have now. Injury not helping certainly, but depth is a problem which could take 2-3 years to fix if the NRC proves it's job.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
while owens was poor there is no point in blaming him, as that would give the marshmallowbies a reason to shift some of the blame.

that was an absolutely attrocious attempt to wear the gold jersey. took it too easy after easy early tries and then just allowed the game to fritter away.

the marshmallowbies should be embarassed.

ewen needs to own up to his continuing failure - this is a team that has gone backwards.
I think a lot of it has to do with fatigue (not jet-lag since you effectively lost very little time travelling West from AUS to SA to ARG), but you did make 250 odd tackles last week and Argentina have been sitting pretty at home waiting for an opportunity like this.

From a neutral perspective this sets up things nicely for the last Bledisloe game as both the All Blacks and the Wallabies will look to get back to winning ways.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
They stop the game when there is a pitch invader, and recommence when the Security Staff remove the miscreant. This is exactly the same thing. Stop the game until the venue is made safe to continue the game.
Agree entirely, it's the only way to stamp it out..add to that, find the laser and its owner and remove them from the ground

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

I wouldn't have wanted a single bench player to start. Makes it hard when you don't have 2 world class options in positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.