• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
U15 brisbane Gold 34 v Darling Downs 15 last night. It was a good competitive game, Brisbane outside backs were too classy for the Downs boys who tried hard esp at the breakdown. Brisbane players that were strong included No 2, 8, yellow head gear (maybe 5?), 12 and 13. Many other good performers however they were the standouts. Darling Downs forward pack were very competitive and forced a number of turnovers at the break down. The half back in the second half for the downs was very strong as well as the right winger in pink/multi colour head gear who scored a good try down the right hand side. Overall, considering it was a first hit out for both teams, both coaches would be reasonably happy. Gut feel is that the Downs will be difficult to beat on their home turf. Very difficult to line up the form against the other Brisbane teams esp seeing them both having easy wins. Well done to all concerned it will be a very interesting next 3-4 weeks to see who progresses.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
U15 brisbane Gold 34 v Darling Downs 15 last night. It was a good competitive game, Brisbane outside backs were too classy for the Downs boys who tried hard esp at the breakdown. Brisbane players that were strong included No 2, 8, yellow head gear (maybe 5?), 12 and 13. Many other good performers however they were the standouts. Darling Downs forward pack were very competitive and forced a number of turnovers at the break down. The half back in the second half for the downs was very strong as well as the right winger in pink/multi colour head gear who scored a good try down the right hand side. Overall, considering it was a first hit out for both teams, both coaches would be reasonably happy. Gut feel is that the Downs will be difficult to beat on their home turf. Very difficult to line up the form against the other Brisbane teams esp seeing them both having easy wins. Well done to all concerned it will be a very interesting next 3-4 weeks to see who progresses.
Considering the late start and small amout of training the Brisbane based teams had, it was a pleasant surprise to see they started out well.
In this sort of comp, the teams depth is a real key. Since everyone in the squad must get game time and start at least 1 game, I believe. On top of that every team will get hit by injuries, so considering this, the coach must really juggle his squad well.
Looking ahead tho, Pool D U15's have some big clashes coming up in the next fortnight when WA arrive.

Druid

Herbert Moran (7)
Considering the late start and small amout of training the Brisbane based teams had, it was a pleasant surprise to see they started out well.
In this sort of comp, the teams depth is a real key. Since everyone in the squad must get game time and start at least 1 game, I believe. On top of that every team will get hit by injuries, so considering this, the coach must really juggle his squad well.
Looking ahead tho, Pool D U15's have some big clashes coming up in the next fortnight when WA arrive.

The message that was given to the squad my son is in from the coaching staff is not the above. The message was simple, I will pick and play my best 15. That will mean that some kids only get 10 mins game time per game if they get game time at all and we had to accept that. The coaches indicated that this had come from NSWRU. There was certainly no mention of a mandate on every player starting a game.

That being said in the first game they did give all kids selected in the 23 a reasonable amount of game time, so maybe the setting of expectations and the implementation may differ.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
The message that was given to the squad my son is in from the coaching staff is not the above. The message was simple, I will pick and play my best 15. That will mean that some kids only get 10 mins game time per game if they get game time at all and we had to accept that. The coaches indicated that this had come from NSWRU. There was certainly no mention of a mandate on every player starting a game.

That being said in the first game they did give all kids selected in the 23 a reasonable amount of game time, so maybe the setting of expectations and the implementation may differ.
Well you would be a little annoyed at paying $1000 for your kid to get 5/10 minutes here and there of game time.
There has been no mention up here of picking the best 15. But I was clearly told all boys in the squad must get a turn starting a game.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Very quiet on here lately??
Anyway hope all the lads are enjoying their experiences so far and good luck for the weekends games.
Looks like there are a couple of great match up's.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ruckedknee

Stan Wickham (3)
A very big thanks to SA Rugby who turned on a fantastic day for ACT yesterday. The field, facilities, catering and even the weather were all brilliant. Although the results were one sided the SA boys fought all the way and made ACT earn every point.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Realist

Chris McKivat (8)
U15s up in Cairns

Darling Downs 19 beat North Queensland 17

Big effort from the Downs boys who left Toowoomba at 6am this morning

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Brissy White got up in the 15's 22 to 12 Any other results guys?
Did hear there might be a couple of upsets.

midas

Frank Nicholson (4)
U15 Brisbane Gold got up against Sunshine Coast 13-10

Final play penalty goal by Gold to win.

Close game Sunshine Coast defence very good, handling errors by Gold cost them consistent play.

Status
Not open for further replies.