• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thanks for the video, is this the 15 or 17's. Hard to tell with the size of some of these kids.

Sorry, the video is of U17's. I didn't film the U15's, wish had though.

I just have the 2nd half to upload and hopefully will be on this evening.

Fishy

Frank Nicholson (4)
IS there are reports that the ACT had a superstar fullback which tore the Sydney South U17 team apart scoring 3 tries. Any mail on who this is?

It is Jamie Kotz of St. Edmunds Canberra, he's been in the ACT side for a while and in his ST Edmunds games he can tear backlines apart if he gets the chance and a large part of it is his acceleration. he has some good skills and takes advantage of almost all opportunities presented too him, but without space he loses confidence.

Mazza

Frank Row (1)
It is Jamie Kotz of St. Edmunds Canberra, he's been in the ACT side for a while and in his ST Edmunds games he can tear backlines apart if he gets the chance and a large part of it is his acceleration. he has some good skills and takes advantage of almost all opportunities presented too him, but without space he loses confidence.
It certainly is a kid named Jamie Kotz. He has been playing rugby since he was 5 yrs old. I think he's appeared in about 7 GFs, won 4 and been Man of the Match in 3. He is a star of the future and before he scored 4 tries in the game against Sth Harbour, he scored 4 tries in the game in Adelaide the week before. I wouldn't be surprised if senior Rugby scouts are looking at him right now because, if they're not, I'll bet the Mungos are!

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It certainly is a kid named Jamie Kotz. He has been playing rugby since he was 5 yrs old. I think he's appeared in about 7 GFs, won 4 and been Man of the Match in 3. He is a star of the future and before he scored 4 tries in the game against Sth Harbour, he scored 4 tries in the game in Adelaide the week before. I wouldn't be surprised if senior Rugby scouts are looking at him right now because, if they're not, I'll bet the Mungos are!
Ok Mum and Dad. Time to go to bed

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I don't know who you people are nor how you know of my son as I have only just been made aware of this forum, all I can say is, thank you for your supportive remarks.
Jamie's incredibly proud Mum
Welcome aboard, how good is that

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Ditto. Welcome aboard @Bkotzy. Hope you stay and contribute. All proud Rugby Mum's or Dad's are welcome here.

Parents and relatives should absolutely talk up their kids on these forums ......... provided they do not try and hide behind an anonymous avatar, whilst pretending to be some sort of independent observer, who just so happens to continually notice that <insert child's name here> played an absolute blinder and that they are a absolute sitter for <insert representative team name here> .

There have been times in the past where parents/siblings/relatives have talked up the merits of a schoolboy player as if they were the Norman Einstein of Rugby to the exclusion of all others, whilst pretending to be "independent".

It is very transparent and is very unbecoming. Further it is often a huge cringeworthy embarrassment to the boy in question.

All parents and relatives should be rightly proud of their boys (and girls) efforts playing Heavensgame at whatever level they are at, whether that is in the 1st XV for Joeys, 1st XV for Granville Boys High School, Kings Open 9th XV, Newington 15 D's, or Harbord Harlequins Under 13's in the SJRU Sunday Competition C Division, or the Sydney Convicts. We love all contributions here.

To the proud parents and relatives, stay behind the avatar by all means, and please continue posting but if there is a bias, then please be up front about it.

Mazza

Frank Row (1)
You must be joking, mate. In the 2013 GF against Grammar he scored a try in the first two minutes after running through the entire Grammar side - no mean feat. He then went on to score another swag of tries and Grammar were no easybeats - they were a well-coached, talented team who came up against a better side in St Eddies. Like all good players, young Kotz has the ability to create his own space and confidence is definitely not a problem with this kid!

Fishy

Frank Nicholson (4)
You must be joking, mate. In the 2013 GF against Grammar he scored a try in the first two minutes after running through the entire Grammar side - no mean feat. He then went on to score another swag of tries and Grammar were no easybeats - they were a well-coached, talented team who came up against a better side in St Eddies. Like all good players, young Kotz has the ability to create his own space and confidence is definitely not a problem with this kid!

You're saying he is absolutely perfect, 100% of the time and hasn't made a fault under pressure? The GF was one game and granted Grammar got their arses handed to them, but two weeks earlier Grammar beat the same St edmunds team? No doubt he is ridiculously talented but no player is perfect... So im not saying that if no space he's done for, im saying like any young player, there is always problems - which is human.

Aurora Australis

Frank Nicholson (4)
Is the lad u17 or u16, just wondering if he would have been at the u16 nationals last year or playing in any of the rep games or trials against Sydney teams or state cup the ACT attended over the past couple of years, I would imagine a strong 16 year old would be playing 1stXV last year was he in the Edie's wAratah shield team

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
You must be joking, mate. In the 2013 GF against Grammar he scored a try in the first two minutes after running through the entire Grammar side - no mean feat. then went on to score another swag of tries and Grammar were no easybeats

To run through an entire team at this age or even last year is telling me one thing...shocking defence and tackling. It sounds like he is a very good player though and Mum and Dad should be proud of him, as I am of my sons.

If the ACT progress to the semi finals or further then it will be interesting to hear the reports on how well he plays against well structured teams.

In the meantime I wouldn't bet against him to score a couple on the weekend.

I'm still waiting for Robbie Waterhouse to offer some odds ;).

Magilla

Frank Nicholson (4)
Is the lad u17 or u16, just wondering if he would have been at the u16 nationals last year or playing in any of the rep games or trials against Sydney teams or state cup the ACT attended over the past couple of years, I would imagine a strong 16 year old would be playing 1stXV last year was he in the Edie's wAratah shield team
According to the program he was playing on the wing at Nationals.

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just on those videos.

If you right click the broken square at the bottom right and click copy url you can then paste it to a new browser window. You can then either view in a larger screen by clicking the rectangle or in full screen by clicking the broken rectangle.

If you click the cog they can be viewed in 720p as opposed to the default setting of 360p.

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.