• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues To Infinity and Beyond

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
New thread started. Maybe everything to do with Surgeon Kirwan should be left buried here.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
@Cyclo after @Dismal's 5,000th post on this thread:

image.jpg

Too late then, mate, coulda nipped it in the bud & just gone with "Auckland Blues" like I suggested, but noooooo............... Oh well, on your head be it (& maybe Mr Sensible will bail you out. Maybe. :))

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ OK, so you're like Roy Scheider in 2010: Odessy 2 all set to disconnect HAL if he wakes up pissed off............. & @Dismal's the guy who created HAL, worked out what you were up to & disconnected your disconnection device. Don't be sayin' y'all wasn't warned, now.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Okley dokly then. All hail the automated banner hammer......

image.jpg

Still reckon you can't leave it all to the machines, gotta have some wetware in the system..........

Anyone else noticed that it's Friday & there's NO FUCKIN' FOOTY TO WATCH? I'm almost tempted to see what's on 9 right now...............

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Angelina Jolie slams "explosion of suffering" after visiting Eden Park.

--NZ HERALD--

Hollywood actress and director Angelina Jolie has described Eden Park as an "explosion of human suffering" whose causes the international rugby community refuses to confront.

angelina_zps4a5hzser.jpg

United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Special Envoy Angelina Jolie, seen here leaving Eden Park and saying "don't worry, I'm alright, I'm alright" as she raises her hand and looks directly at the camera which she just luckily guessed would be positioned there at that particular time.

Jolie, who serves as a United Nations special envoy for movie stars, was speaking at a news conference in southeastern Onehunga.

The UN refugee agency UNHCR said in a report last week that there were now more confused pricks in Onehunga than at any other time in history, with 59.5 people "completely fucking disoriented to shit" by the last few seasons.

"There is an explosion of human suffering and displacement on a level that has never been seen before," Jolie said.

When queried as to where she would appear in the upcoming Hollywood Blockbuster Major Motion Picture entitled "Escape from Eden Park", Jolie replied "piss off".

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
i feel weird, this new coach guy is speaking in plain language that I can understand, he's not espousing glib platitudes or deranged & debased positivity, I think he's using that thing that rhymes with gents and tents, the word for which I have long since forgotten

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11471803

"From what I saw, because a lot of guys weren't having any communication they thought, 'I'll just keep doing something'. So there was maybe a little bit of overworking, and because no one else was saying anything they kept doing it."

THE REACTION ON QUEEN ST:

Muslim-men-pray-in-the-st-001.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ during a Blues S12 match earlier in the year Carlos threw a similar pass that didn't quite get latched onto. I was watching the game with a coupla mates at our local. Mate1 (also mates with the elder Spencer bro): "can't be doing that kinda shit at the World Cup, could cost us a game";Mate2: "but you know he will if he thinks it's on"; Me (by this stage we all knew Merts was on the Mitchell-Deans shit list): "just gotta hope if he does he gets away with it OR we've got a Plan B in the stands". Prophets, we were.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
WOB, they tell me Fabian's (Los's older brother) boy is a pretty handy rugby player, think he in one of ITM squads. Has the highlight package got his try against ths Sadists in Chch, where he ran into corner just to wave at the booing fans, then kicked conversion from sideline!! A thing only Carlos would do. Not sure DP would want him teaching that to Blues backline;)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Doesn't show the conversion but the try is the "first 30 sec" I was referring to.......

Not surprised there's another Spencer coming up through the ranks but God it makes me feel old, I can recall a Cossie Club cricket trip to Masterton where my Mate1 above roped Fabian in (zero footwork but man could he hit) & he brought his partner & baby boy along!

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
that queen Elizabeth park pitch was as flat as---well it was in the late 60's!
(except when Collinge was bowling!)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Huh makes you feel old WOB??? Welcome to my world, only when I first knew Fabian, Carlos etc was when they were 5-6 years old playing rugby at Playford Park!! And you should of roped in Fabian's brother in law, Pizza was a handy medium pacer! Mind you he was probably playing rugby in England then.