• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues To Infinity and Beyond

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
3News sticking the boot in with a line about the Jags dancing on what used to be a visiting teams graveyard. Ouch. Nek minnit the Hurld will admit they're no chance to make the playoffs (OK that'll likely take another two losses, but it WILL happen :))

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
But it’s only the toughest schedule because they were the shittest team in the hardest conference last year.
So my pissdalaresistance of insight “if they were less shit it’d be easier”
I don't understand what the schedule has to do with it - they all end up playing each other and if they make the finals , then they do have to play each other - this, 'tough schedule' shit is what the Rebels bitched about all of last season - man up, man. It doesn't matter what order you play your opponents surely

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't understand what the schedule has to do with it - they all end up playing each other

gest15_zps558f1dbe.gif

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don't understand what the schedule has to do with it - they all end up playing each other and if they make the finals , then they do have to play each other - this, 'tough schedule' shit is what the Rebels bitched about all of last season - man up, man. It doesn't matter what order you play your opponents surely

It does if you play all NZ teams (except yourself) twice. If you look at the defence stats for all NZ teams except the Blues, they are the 4 best in the comp, so trying to beat them is bloody hard once, let alone twice. By some margin. In fact the Tahs are the 5th best (although have played fewer games than some other teams), which seems bizarre.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
So Kieran Keane is leaving Connacht. Throw all the moneys at that son-of-a-bitch. Tom Coventry, too.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
So I decided to indulge in my guilty pleasure of reading Stuff comments. One of them was actually good and named a Harry Plummer as the NZ U20s first five from Auckland. Will have to keep an eye out for him come the U20s RWC.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
One final post on Isaia "Ice" Toeava, the midfielder from Moto'otua, the centre from Samoa.

Here is young Isaia when he was playing for De La Salle College in Auckland.
isaia-toeava.jpg

You could tell already that he was going to grow up and be a rugby hero to Dismal Pillock.

At the age of 19 he was joined the Auckland NPC side before being offered a Super Rugby contract by the Hurricanes in 2006. It was on his return to Auckland and the Blues where his career began to flourish. His Auckland Blues rookie card was one of the hottest rugby trading cards of the 2007 season.

images

Before he'd even played a Super Rugby game, Toeava debuted for the All Blacks on the 2005 end of year tour against Scotland.

It was real backs against the wall stuff, but the All Blacks won.

isaia-toeava-who-will-make-his-debut-as-a-fullback-for-the-all-blacks-picture-id56269116

Over the next six years, Isaia would play for the All Blacks 35 times and his career reached such dizzy heights, a cartoonist deemed him worthy of having his caricature drawn.

Isaia+Toeava+small.jpg

It was from that point on that he realised how square his head was and it gave him a bit of a complex.

Despite not being in the first choice team, Isaia was part of the RWC winning All Blacks squad of 2011. Sonny Bill tried to give him the trophy but the team said he it wasn't his to give. They were both upset.

x2_a7d1d51.jpg

He then went and played in Japan and France and no one thought much of Isaia Toeava until Dismal Pillock made an avatar bet with Braveheart81 and as punishment/reward for the forum, Braveheart81 had to spend a week posting about Isaia Toeava.

Much fun was had by all.

ice.jpg

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I've been thinking, and I believe I've finally come across the source of the Blues problems. The Blues are, quite simply, a big game team. Look at this season, for example. The best South African side in Johannesburg? Bring on Afrikaaner McBoerface, the illegitimate son of Louis Luyt and Suzy the Waitress, and the biggest homer of a home town ref. Best Australian side in Sydney? Pack 'em Waratahs full of front line Wallabies and watch the great blue wall hold them off with the 3rd XV of assorted Kiwi potheads rounded up on the GC the night before the match.

Want more proof? Okay. Lets look at the long term, empirical, trend. This big game temperament has resulted in the Blues winning 73% of their postseason matches. For comparisons sake, the Chiefs have an unmanly postseason record of 54%. The Hurricanes a contemptible 43%. The Crusaders a respectable 70%. The Highlanders an appalling 42%. Such a dominant -- intimidating, even -- postseason record has returned three titles, bettered only by one side in the entire southern half of the planet.

Of course, this big game temperament does have a downside. For there has been many a slight hiccup in matches of lesser magnitude. Such as the recent Rebels, for instance. And the Crusaders one before that. And the Hurricanes one before that. And so on and so forth.

Still. Whenever they do make the postseason, then holy sh*t balls, dial it up to DEFCON 1, deploy SEAL Team 6, and lock up your wives and daughters if they're within 10,000,000 km of Paremoremo. Because the jailbreak will have absolutely no breaks whatsoever.

Disclaimer: This post may not be entirely srs, and may contain trace amounts of peanuts. Also sarcasm. And stats abuse. Conditions apply. Results may vary.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
**BREAKING NEWS** Auckland Prison **JAILBREAK**

--Herald--

In a stunning development, the 23 replacement guards sent by the Auckland Blues to Paremoremoremo Prison have overnight failed to tackle a single inmate and now all 6,233 inmates are believed to have escaped.

"Not surprised at all" commented local rugby coach Tana Umaga. Following Umaga's recommendation, all 23 substitute guards have now been incarcerated in the inmates place. "Thank fuck. Last we've heard of those wankers" remarked Umaga. "The useless dicks will probably all drown on the shower floor trying to pick up the fucken soap in the morning. No way they'll be able to catch it, that's for sure. Except for Byron Kelleher. He had brilliant hands. Isaia Toeava? Face down in the froth. It's not all doom and gloom though, this frees up 23 spots at the Auckland Blues. So if any of the 6,233 escaped inmates are reading this, there's a squad spot available for you. Anyone will do. Can't do any worse than the 23 fat unco dozey children we've had here so far this season."
1528010874908.jpg

"Haha, I think I just saw 2 of the substitute guards accidentally tackle each other then start crying."
"Let's break in again and then break out again. That was just too easy."