1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues To Infinity and Beyond

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by cyclopath, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Dan54 Paul McLean (56)

Yep DP, I think you could read that about most sports, I was reading that League is folding up around the Granite Belt here in Qld, as noone is interested in running clubs etc! I would go as far as to say almost every sport around a lot of the world is suffering as weekends aren't what they were, and everyone gets so many options to fill in their spare time!
  2. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

Dan54 likes this.
  3. zer0 Alan Cameron (40)

> NZ rugby fraternity: The Blues are a basket place than needs to be turned around
    > Also NZ rugby fraternity: Take all their best players away from them

Thus I say unto thee, f*ck off. Post-2019 his chances of selection will improve exponentially, regardless of where he is playing.
  4. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

^ but in this case it's For The Greater Good :)
    Dan54 likes this.
  5. Dan54 Paul McLean (56)

Only trouble for Akira, I think most of his problems are in his head, and it will take more than a shift to fix him. I think perhaps he needs to listen to what he is being told by coaches etc, and perhaps not read the mail of fanbois who will not see his shortcomings!!! I know of noone who has been a good All Black or any international player that doesn't do the work required.
  6. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

7. zer0 Alan Cameron (40)

8. Dismal Pillock John Hipwell (52)

9. Derpus Andrew Slack (58)

Should go to Saracens like Skelton whos now 'the first or second best lock in the prem'
    Dan54 likes this.
  10. Jimmy_Crouch Bill McLean (32)

Some coaches or some environments just work differently for some players. Maybe it is Tana in his ear. Who knows? My go to for this is Nemani Nadolo. It took him 6 professional setups before anyone got the best out of him.
  11. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

12. Dan54 Paul McLean (56)

Well Beaudie's gone and whether they go to another team or country, I stick with what I always say shit happens, time to find someone else, it's a shame, but I still happy that he sticking around NZ rugby. As for Jordie, would really like to see him stay, but if he goes, tend to think the Clan would be a bloody good fir, especially with Brownie coming back to coach!!
    Canes apparently peeking overseas at a couple of players who may return, I know they say he hasn't gone flash in France but wouldn't be upset if Cruden came home, good Manawatu boy, or even Sopoaga, a good Wellington boy!! Can't think of any top of any Nua 1os around the world at moment though, which would be obvious choiceo_O
  13. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

14. Dismal Pillock John Hipwell (52)

Not saying I'd like to see Redman die in a fire or anything drastic but if he were to, say, fall down a deep, deep well, let's just say I would take my sweet goddamn motherfucking time dialing for emergency services.

ATTN:// ALL MEMBERS//: please refrain from bumping this thread without issuing a prior safety warning on another neighbouring thread beforehand as some of us are trying to forget about that dogshit collection of blithering buttcogs calling themselves "The Auckland Blues" until next year.
  15. MarkJ Tom Lawton (22)

yourmatesam and Dismal Pillock like this.
  16. Dismal Pillock John Hipwell (52)

In rugby union? Great. Just bloody great. I can see the headlines now...

yourmatesam likes this.
  17. Dan54 Paul McLean (56)

Mind you Auckland fans rfom both codes would certainly go there with low expectations!
  18. Teh Other Dave Trevor Allan (34)

19. Adam84 Chilla Wilson (44)

It’ll be interesting to see how they handle the stadium sponsorship. signage and more importantly the field markings.

The onfield advertising is often just CJI these days anyway, digital signage on the sidelines makes it easier to rotate through, but the field markings will present an issue.
  20. Dan54 Paul McLean (56)

Didn't even know they had different fields markings, mind you as I never watch league how would I know!! Couldn't they just do one field with yellow and one with white or something?