• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues To Infinity and Beyond

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
For the uninitiated:

All Black great Dan Carter has been linked with a sensational short-term deal with the Blues in Super Rugby Aotearoa.

Carter, who scored a record 1598 points in 112 tests, spent 13 seasons with the Crusaders before leaving for France shortly after the 2015 Rugby World Cup. Carter, 38, is a three-time World Rugby Player of the Year and spent three seasons playing for Racing 92 before joining the Kobelco Steelers in Japan in late 2018. He was named MVP of the Japanese Championship after leading his side to the title in his debut season.

NZME's Sam Casey is reporting that Carter is on his way to the Blues.

It is understood Carter has been lined up to join Leon MacDonald's Blues for the start of Super Rugby Aotearoa later this month in a player-mentor role, while 23-year-old first-five Stephen Perofeta is recovering from injury.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12337041

EDIT: Also this.

blues1-7a454a77.jpg

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-to-be-on-verge-of-shock-super-rugby-comeback

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
wft just went through all 812 pages of this thread cleaning up all my dead gif links. What a miserable trudge that was. fffs most of my posts are just increasingly forlorn and exasperated tirades in 88pt font.

BUT ALL THAT HAS CHANGED NOW.

THE WORM HAS TURNED.

Over to you, Razor;

cantabs_zpssb6mcwjg.png

"SILENCE!

"I DEMAND COMPLETE AND UTTER AND TOTAL SILENCE.

"Now then. As we all know, this is an extremely distressing and trying time in all of our lives. It sickens us all to have to come to grips with the vicious, vicious, vicious rumour that the laughing stock of New Zealand rugby, the Auckland Blues rugby football team, have now won SEVEN rugby football matches in succession STOP FUCKING CRYING WOULD YOU! I SAID SILENCE, DID I NOT?

"Now, granted, this purported string of winning results registered by these alien klutzes of questionable lineage is still an unsubstantiated rumour at this stage, and we have lodged our usual numerous match-day corruption investigations through our legal intermediaries, as we do whenever the Auckland Blues register a winning result on the rugby field, but we must prepare for the worst. There is the possibility, however unthinkable to all upright opposably-thumbed Cantabrians, that the July 11th fixture between your local heroes the Crusaders and the filthy Jafa wanker Blues could, possibly, at some juncture in the match, become vaguely competitive I KNOW, I KNOW, this alarms me too and believe me, I want my mummy right now too. But together we can quell this foreign threat and restore righteous piety to our monochromatic world of deified bloodlessness and purity.

"Righto then. You can fuck off home now. Blessed be The Vag, Holy be the Don Hayes etc etc. Oh, hang on, umm, sorry Razor, any closing words you wanted to add?"

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
3 more sleeps until the Polynesian Basketball Blitzkriege Jailbreake Rebel Alliance bravely fly directly into the blackened heart of the malevolent Darth Star to slay the faceless stormtroopers of death. Godspeed the Vortex.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
haha, must be fairly obvious tropes, writes itself, good vs evil, light vs dark, heaven vs hell, Luke vs Darth, life vs death, etc etc.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Even Nic White is rumoured to be making his way down to Chch to have a sneaky look at this one.....

giphy.gif

"Yeah, I'm going down to have a
look..... never liked them Cantabs
.....bunch of c****"

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1news showed *that* Carlos try tonight..........

Up 31-29 & time almost up so, hell yeah, let's go all in from our own ingoal. Peak Carlos, that.

(Loss Bleus haven't won in Cheechee since).

Edit: vid inexplicably doesn't show the sideline conversion nor the *salute* to the appreciative Cantab crowd who were, to a man/ woman/ child, all "Oh, well played Carlos! Well played indeed, my good man!"