• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aug 6th 2016. Super Rugby Final. Canes vs Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Barret just runs sideways into a ruck and kicks it. Jackson is a joke

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Barrett materialises out of literally nowhere to score a try. Should be the match.

Typical eh? I'm sure he was 10m back at lineout time.

Marshall with some lunatic decisions in a row. Whacking a lock round the head, silly drop kick, isolating himself getting back.

Barret just runs sideways into a ruck and kicks it. Jackson is a joke

There was no ruck formed.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
So that's all five NZ franchises with a Super Rugby title now. A nice little something for the NZRU to tick off the list.

EDIT: The Hurricanes also go through the entire playoffs without conceding a try, including two matches against the best attacking sides in the competition. Quite an achievement. Not sure if anyone has ever done that before?

EDIT II: The 2001 Brumbies also did it, apparently.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
They won that on defence and played the conditions better. Barrett kicked well in open play and amazingly off the tee.

Lions didn't adjust too well after the crash ball proved fruitless. A couple of bad decisions and they fluffed their lines twice for two tries which was the difference really. Though lets be real, as it proved, they really shot themselves in the foot by not competing in Argentina.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Typical eh? I'm sure he was 10m back at lineout time.

Marshall with some lunatic decisions in a row. Whacking a lock round the head, silly drop kick, isolating himself getting back.

There was no ruck formed.
Yeh looking back definately no ruck formed. He got his timing right

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Well done Canes. I certainly wasn't expecting it after the Round 1 towelling by the Brumbies!

Let's face it, that decision to send the B team to Argentina in all likelihood cost the Lions the title.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Shiggins fouling up the thread with his usual indecorous myopic bizarro-world tinfoil-brained mouth sharts.

THE WHOLE THING WAS FIXED BUDDY, TIME TO CONVENE THAT COMMISSION FOR UN-AUSTRALIAN ACTIVITIES

12angry.jpg

DANE COLES after 70 minutes:

wwf2.gif

DANE COLES at full-time:

wwf1.gif

G

galumay

Just finished watching the game, had to record it and watch as my mate was working until 7pm. Great game by the Canes, extraordinary defence. How long did they allow the Lions in the 22? Maybe 3 minutes in total?

Also fantastic defence by the Lions, how many games this season were the Canes held to only 2 tries? It wasnt a game that displayed the attacking qualities of either side - and I guess the weather played a part in that.

The worst thing about the game was the cross to the moronic australian commentators after the game ended. Why not stay with the local commentary team?

Well done to the Canes, thouroughly deserving champions this year, although we will always be left wondering what the outcome would have been if the Lions had sent a first 23 to Argentina - there is obviously no way of knowing what another reality might have produced, quite likely it would have meant the Lions were knocked out earlier, but it could have meant a home final against a different side too. A 50/50 call at best.

Canes record of not giving up a try in the playoffs shows what an immense part defence played in their victory - and that from a side renowned for their attack!

A fitting finale to a great season and it would have been a shame if it wasnt a kiwi side holding the cup up given their huge dominance of the competition this year.

M

Moono75

Very happy to see the boys from Wellington get up after all these years. With immediate family from Wellington and fond memories of times spent in the windy city, Christmas's in Karori, Otaki and the odd dip in Wellington harbour it's great to see the Canes get up and win the lot. Chuffed tonight and toasting the win. Cheers Wellington :D

G

galumay

Kafer, Kearns and Clark aren't morons, galumay. Take a breath, and use this non-Aussie affair to have a rest from bagging Australia.

You have got to be joking surely? They are halfwits that detract from the coverage of any game they are involved in the commentary. It was very annoying to lose the live feed straight after the game and have those dills fill the screen.

BTW thats poor logic, just because I am bagging 3 australians doesnt mean i am bagging australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.