• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Baa Baa's Vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I think that's a tough call on Cowan. The Force front row was very effective this year and gave a lot of other scrums some grief. Anyone care to name any scrum that the Reds gave serious grief (apart from the Chiefs, they were pretty awful)?

Well yes that's probably true, he missed alot of the Force games that I actually watched in detail.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
The side looks pretty good. Good to see a couple of young blokes in Tapuai and Foley get the call up. Haven't really seen anything of Foley but Taps has certainly made the most of his opportunities this year. Also hope Lucas gets every opportunity off the bench. Should have been the bench utility for the WC squad IMO.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
so is this game been shown on foxsports.com.au? where do yo find the broadcast?

I emailed the ARU yesterday and they confirmed that it was being streamed on foxsports.com.au.

Presumably the link will go up on Friday. When they streamed a couple of Australia A games a couple of years ago, they were relatively easy to find. It's a bit of a bizarre experience watching the stream. There is no commentary, you just get to hear the crowd and the ground announcer.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Agreed. I saw last year's barbs game online with no commentary etc. would definitely be preferred with timmy commentating. gees if they fly me up i'll commentate for free.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Agreed. I saw last year's barbs game online with no commentary etc. would definitely be preferred with timmy commentating. gees if they fly me up i'll commentate for free.

I think the lack of commentary is the only reason why Foxsports doesn't televise it. Surely they could get some young up-and-comer to commentate the match. The Viewers Choice function on Foxtel pretty much lets them televise as many things as they like.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I emailed the ARU yesterday and they confirmed that it was being streamed on foxsports.com.au.

Presumably the link will go up on Friday. When they streamed a couple of Australia A games a couple of years ago, they were relatively easy to find. It's a bit of a bizarre experience watching the stream. There is no commentary, you just get to hear the crowd and the ground announcer.

Braveheart81: Surely to be spared the:

> all-of-80 banality,

> ref bashing with limited validity,

> imbecilic national bias,

> talking over each other,

> exceedingly low levels of useful game insight, and, generally,

> verbal intrusion without any notable purpose

of the typical Foxsports rugby commentary team, will be huge plus on Friday night's live stream. (Kafe being the occasional exception.)

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Braveheart81: Surely to be spared the:

> all-of-80 banality,

> ref bashing with limited validity,

> imbecilic national bias,

> talking over each other,

> exceedingly low levels of useful game insight, and, generally,

> verbal intrusion without any notable purpose

of the typical Foxsports rugby commentary team, will be huge plus on Friday night's live stream. (Kafe being the occasional exception.)

The problem is if we want to see it on an actual television screen that's what we get - I'd love it if you could mute them a lot of the time too, btw. But I would much rather be watching on a real tv than on a streamed feed with one camera and no replays.

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
I don't think he even needs to see the game to be honest - just a team list and 3 irrelevant facts about each player will keep him going for 80 minutes.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

I liked it, made it feel a little like being at the game. There is only one camera also which adds to that feel.
The second game they streamed last year was a bit weirder, but also funny in parts when Cannon & (I think) Kafer were answering questions during the game from punters using the chat box function.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The revised Australian Barbarians team to play Canada at Skilled Park on Friday night, (please note, kick-off is at 7.30pm AEST, not 8.05pm as previously advised) is:

15. Lachie Turner (NSW Waratahs)
14. Rod Davies (Queensland Reds)
13. Rob Horne (NSW Waratahs)
12. Ben Tapuai (Queensland Reds)
11. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs)
10. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
9. Nick Phipps (Melbourne Rebels)
8. Pat McCutcheon (NSW Waratahs)
7. Matt Hodgson (Western Force)
6. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force, captain)
4. Sitaleki Timani (NSW Waratahs)
3. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. Pekahou Cowan (Western Force)

Run on Reserves:

16. James Hanson (Queensland Reds)
17. Greg Holmes (Queensland Reds)
18. Dean Mumm (NSW Waratahs)
19. Beau Robinson (Queensland Reds)
20. Ben Lucas (Queensland Reds)
21. Luke Morahan (Queensland Reds)
22. Bernard Foley (NSW Waratahs)

Good to see Horne and Tapuai back in action together after being in the midfield for Oz Schools in 2007 beating the Kiwis at Hunters Hill. They were a dynamite pairing.

Sharpe playing means that Vickerman is getting a turn in the test match somewhere. Good to see Timani getting another game in 2011.

Great to see Slipper and TPN getting a run - they will be rusty and probably pull up sore. Go you good things. Ditto for Morahan.

Good to see Greg Holmes there - another good thing.

Ben Lucas - obviously the backup scrummie but did better than I ever thought he would at fullback for the Reds in 2011 - watch this space next year.

B. Foley - almost unknown but a goodie. Ostensibly a back up flyhalf for the Tahs next year but has the moves of a 12 and 13 and no doubt a 15 as well. Was a stepper and quarterback for Oz 7s.

I thought it was S. Foley for a minute. This Oz 7s player and wing and 15 for Southern Districts is on the rise. Watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.