• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Baa Baa's Vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vikingbrad

gits pulled the plug?

if so, i don't think i blame him. it's clear he's not part of the set up so what's the real use of playing canada?

if someone gets crocked he'll either be brought in or not. no need for a trial or injury comeback run like most of the other guys selected. everyone knows what you're getting from him at this point.

So his last game was being beaten by Samoa?

Would have been good to see him go around one more time and at least get a cheer off at the end of the match

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
somehow i didn't even think of that since he wasn't named in the rwc 30 man squad. figured he was just to be overlooked.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yeah this is interesting. Maybe Giteau and Gerrard have been pulled as one will go into the team and one is a standby?

Anyone wanna take bets on how many points Canada have in them?

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i really hope gits is #22> i think hes the best option>
i still expect him to have a role in the wc> cause if any of the backline go down (which id expect considering a few are crocked as it is and we only got 13) hes still a weapon
im much prefer gits as cover over turner> god knows with genia and cooper kicking as much as they do atm we dont need turner joining in

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If Gits does get the remaining spot, what are the chances he won't get a run (barring injury)? Rather high IMO

W

What2040

I like the side better, in that Taps and Foley are the future, as compared to Gerrard and Gits. Not to diss either either of the latter. Nice for Holmes also. Daley still not 100%?

Think Daley has opted for early shoulder operation - shit, thought he could have waited till Monday

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
It's a tough one.

To me given he wasn't selected in the 30 that if Quade goes down that Beale come's into 10 and things are shifted around that.

The question is if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) goes down does McCabe go to fullback and Giteau and Beale work together?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah this is interesting. Maybe Giteau and Gerrard have been pulled as one will go into the team and one is a standby?

Anyone wanna take bets on how many points Canada have in them?

Both play for Randwick don't they? Maybe they chose club rugby. Do they need the bgames to be eligable to play finals or anything like that?

Barnes or Mitchell for that vacant 22 jersey.

H

high tower

Giteau and Gerrard
Both play for Randwick don't they? Maybe they chose club rugby. Do they need the bgames to be eligable to play finals or anything like that?

Gerrard is a Green Rat - plays for Warringah always has.
Giteau - dont get me started

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It seems like Gits and Gerrard are out of contention (story below). Who is the best option for the 22 jersey on the bench for the 3N match then?

Perhaps Lachie Turner|Rob Horne get pulled out or spelled early against Canada? Or Luke Morahan backs up on both benches? (I suspect it is too early for Drew Mitchell) .

SOURCE:

Giteau out for Barbarians v Canada clash

Emma Greenwood | August 23rd, 2011

"THE Barbarians have been robbed of one of their major attractions for Friday night's clash against Canada at Skilled Park, with Matt Giteau forced out with a groin injury.

Giteau was one of three players forced out with injury, with Ben Daley (shoulder) and Mark Gerrard (calf) also forced out.

Giteau, who was to play at inside centre, has been replaced by Gold Coast's Ben Tapuai in the run-on squad, while Pekahou Cowan from the Western Force moves from the bench into the starting front row with prop Daley ruled out.

Gerrard's place on the bench will be taken by Waratahs speedster Bernard Foley, with Reds Greg Holmes and Ben Lucas also added to the bench for Tapuai and Cowan.

Friday's match between Canada and the Barbarians kicks off at 8pm at Skilled Park."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/08/23/343425_gold-coast-sport.html

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Turner will be moved to the Wallaby bench. I'd guess that Deans will want Barnes and Horne to be playing as close to 80 minutes as possible and therefore won't want them on the bench for the Wallabies.

V

vikingbrad

Gits just tweeted that he has a slight strain and that is reason for withdrawl but wishes ben tapaui good luck

Expect its more like a slightly strained relationship with Deans

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Finally Greg Holmes gets noticed, played better then Ma'afu and Cowan this year.

I think that's a tough call on Cowan. The Force front row was very effective this year and gave a lot of other scrums some grief. Anyone care to name any scrum that the Reds gave serious grief (apart from the Chiefs, they were pretty awful)?

Status
Not open for further replies.