• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
This is a Google search comparison between the two. I'd say they're pretty much on par. I actually think Cooper's offer would be more, considering his position.
Capture.PNG

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think QC (Quade Cooper) is more famous around the world but Izzy is biggest at the Aussie market because he's a former NRL and AFL.

This is a Google search comparison between the two. I'd say they're pretty much on par. I actually think Cooper's offer would be more, considering his position. View attachment 6443

That HUGE spike in searches was when QC (Quade Cooper) hit his knee against McCaw's head, right?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Did they release that too early or is there another "significant announcement regarding the future of a key Qantas Wallabies player" being announced today?

I think it was the announcement. They generally release the press release some time before the actual media conference (if there is one).

I think QC (Quade Cooper) is more famous around the world but Izzy is biggest at the Aussie market because he's a former NRL and AFL.

That HUGE spike in searches was when QC (Quade Cooper) hit his knee against McCaw's head, right?

I think the biggest spike is during the RWC. A lot of the focus certainly stemmed from the McCaw incident though.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I think it was the announcement. They generally release the press release some time before the actual media conference (if there is one).

I think the biggest spike is during the RWC. A lot of the focus certainly stemmed from the McCaw incident though.

Any publicity is good publicity...
But seriously he's changed.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
I'm not versed in the contract laws of each individual country Seb, but generally for a country in any country to be binding, there must be consideration.

In France they define 4 required elements:

- the free and informed consent of the parties;
- their ability to enter the agreement;
- a certain determined object for the contract (This is the consideration);
- a lawful cause.

A letter of intent, lacks a certain determined object for the contract (remuneration, duration, etc.), otherwise it would be a contract.

Gotta say, I learn a lot from some of your posts, whether I want to or not.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Has Hooper/Folau re-signed with the Waratahs as well? Or is there potential that they can goto other Aus clubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hooper has re-signed with the Tahs.

Folau hasn't re-signed yet but assuming he does I think you can guarantee it will be with the Tahs.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Half the google searches were by Kiwis looking for an address to send their hate mail.

Nah, all but the most rabid take the view that he's suffered enough these last few years what with his injuries & when not injured being part of not only the wobblies but also the rids.....

image.jpg

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Ahh the Kardashian approach to value

Hey it works for her.
ads.jpg

But on the topic of rugby salaries, if people want to argue that wages can be explained by publicity for the game then it's a somewhat reliable measure.

If, like me, you don't measure value that way I still think Quade should be kept and be paid at the top of the scale because his presence wins games.

But I'm biased.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Hey it works for her.
View attachment 6452

But on the topic of rugby salaries, if people want to argue that wages can be explained by publicity for the game then it's a somewhat reliable measure.

If, like me, you don't measure value that way I still think Quade should be kept and be paid at the top of the scale because his presence wins games.

But I'm biased.

Questionable managers, continual one year contract negotiations, dodgy boxing bouts and lap top collections may get publicity, but a marketable product? dunno

I believe Folau makes a big chunk of his cash through third party deals.

Why? brands/companies want to be associated with talented sportsmen that are safe bets, clean cut('ish) and non-controversial (and being based in Sydney also helps).

T

Train Without a Station

They don't have any issues being associated with Quade now. I agree he definitely had an imagine problem early in his career though

rugbyking2

Allen Oxlade (6)
With reference to Hooper's new contract, I have a sick feeling in my gut that by the end of the contract he will have made his 60 test caps and will be on the first flight to the south of France. I hope I am proven wrong but will a trend like this continue with players just playing the 60 before jetting off to greener pastures?

T

Train Without a Station

Possibly. But how many have racked up 60+ before they are almost 30?

If Hooper does he will have remained injury free after being selected very early. That would put him in the minority anyway.