• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

His limitations are well established, but wouldn't he even just improve the look of the Wallaby squad as a whole?

For future reference; At the time of writing the Wallabies are playing a Back 3 of DHP, Folau and Maddocks against England

Yeah he's clearly the best player on the park in that game. Think we missed a trick letting him go.

Edit: that looks like one of the most impactful individual performances at pro level I've seen, every time he gets the ball he goes 30m.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah he's clearly the best player on the park in that game. Think we missed a trick letting him go.

Edit: that looks like one of the most impactful individual performances at pro level I've seen, every time he gets the ball he goes 30m.
how long is his contract? could always get him back somehow.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
also looks 15kg's lighter again. Capped and good for his development. He's not too old either. Great but tragic to see him killing it and we don't get any of dat

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
also looks 15kg's lighter again. Capped and good for his development. He's not too old either. Great but tragic to see him killing it and we don't get any of dat
Not that tragic. He was killing it here too but people dismissed him because of his defence. He made the right call leaving.

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
This has been the first game he has torn it up for Saints in though.

I have seen him twice against tigers one in the A league (Development type cup) the other in the Prem both in the cold and he did nothing but just have the odd run and dropping a few balls looking a bit uninterested.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This has been the first game he has torn it up for Saints in though.

I have seen him twice against tigers one in the A league (Development type cup) the other in the Prem both in the cold and he did nothing but just have the odd run and dropping a few balls looking a bit uninterested.
Islanders in England.

It was a shock for me too.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

He signed for them as a fat, unfit reserve winger, then got fit and demonstrated what he could do. But too late for the Tahs

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
The annoying thing with so many of our good players who are overseas is that they finally came good here the year before leaving. Lots of people want to talk about an improved training regimen in other countries, and I'm definitely willing to concede that we don't do enough skills or match fitness work compared to our main rivals, but we do a lot of good work here to develop players who walk into starting lineups of European champions.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The annoying thing with so many of our good players who are overseas is that they finally came good here the year before leaving. Lots of people want to talk about an improved training regimen in other countries, and I'm definitely willing to concede that we don't do enough skills or match fitness work compared to our main rivals, but we do a lot of good work here to develop players who walk into starting lineups of European champions.
Could it just be that we cant pay market value?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Apparently
Potential game changer for the wallabies

And a blow for wrr, he was supposed to be one of their marquees. Or is it possible to play both?

Can’t do both. A blow for them for sure

Game changer how? Apparently he has no interest in playing for this Wallaby outfit.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

And a blow for wrr, he was supposed to be one of their marquees. Or is it possible to play both?

Nah, if you pick apart Twiggy's media release it names some high profile players that the the competition could hypothetically sign, but the reality is quite different.......

B

Bobby Sands

I am uncertain what this means.

Does this make him eligible?

Clearly (and almost unprecedently) he is making a statement of his lack of intent to play for the Wallabies in the short-term.

I can't remember this ever happening before. Its hollowing to be honest :(