• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I know it's a long way off, but will be very interesting to see out of the players who have thus far 'exodised' willl come back for a WC tilt.

Think RA will splurge on one of Coleman/Arnold/Skelton - but not multiple (depending on how young crop develop the next 2-3 years)

A part from that..perhaps only Kerevi, as even looking at our current 19 and 20 year olds, good centres are hard to come by.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Id be targeting McMahon.. probably the toughest number 6 out there but not many others we dont have cover for.. Lute would be a target.. I wouldnt mine someone like Tomane, but Ive heard his been shit overseas..

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Id be targeting McMahon.. probably the toughest number 6 out there but not many others we dont have cover for.. Lute would be a target.. I wouldnt mine someone like Tomane, but Ive heard his been shit overseas..

I'd say Naiyaravoro over Tomane (better age awell) but with Koroibete and now Vunivalu - bit tapped out for wingers in that high impact role.

Forgive me but who is Lute?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yes Tolu Latu would be good.

That is a bit of a wait and see.

Fainga'a and Uelese have time to establish themselves even more so, meaning less money from an RA perspective for a 3rd Hooker. They may stick with a (probable) 3rd string hooker who may come from the current crop of relative youngsters who will be BPA (28) Mafi (27) and guys like Cotton, Lonergan who will be 24ish by then.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Apparently Mr Liam F&@king Gill is on the move at seasons end, Japan been mentioned. Would love to see him back somewhere.

Reactions: dru
B

Bobby Sands

Apparently Mr Liam F&@king Gill is on the move at seasons end, Japan been mentioned. Would love to see him back somewhere.

Why we gotta treat Liam like we did and reward so many other peanuts.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
he has exactly zero incentive to come back. He knows the lay of the land.

Zero incentive? You are having a laugh. So now RA shouldn't sign our best players to long term contracts because the third/forth stringer might get upset?

Liam Gill was just incredibly unlucky with the quality of players ahead of him at the time. I don't blame him for going to France and getting PAID. If he did come home Hooper would still be in front by a long way but if he isn't interested in fighting for the Wallaby position then that is up to him.

Everyone in the Australian setup has now moved on and same with the Reds since he was here. So it cant be some sort of vendetta against him.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With respect to Crofty - Liam Gill is much, much better.

I think Colby was probably closer to Croft.

It’s more to do with Gill and Croft both being the clear no 3 option in their respective eras............

And Colby was never capped.........

In fact, Gill only received one more test cap than Croft.

B

Bobby Sands

It’s more to do with Gill and Croft both being the clear no 3 option in their respective eras....

And Colby was never capped...

I guess I take exception because I never felt he deserved to be dyed in the wool as the third 7. Feel his papers were marked early.

Anyway, we all have different take and we’ve all heard them before!

Onwards

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
It’s more to do with Gill and Croft both being the clear no 3 option in their respective eras....

And Colby was never capped...

Colby is the one shaping up to replace him at Lyon.

You’d be hard pressed to find a country that has produced as many quality 7s since professionalism as Aus have.

Colby has won 2 x player of the year awards at two different clubs and hasn’t even come close to a cap.

Now we have Tizzano and McReight with Liam Wright looking the goods.