• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If we lose Lomani, I'd welcome a Powell (starting) Meehan (off the bench) combo. Add a young 18-19yr old with that mix and that would be a solid group to work with

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
If we lose Lomani, I'd welcome a Powell (starting) Meehan (off the bench) combo. Add a young 18-19yr old with that mix and that would be a solid group to work with

Agree,

If Totally Tony was not such a idiot, Meehan would have stayed starting instead of Stirzaker and that season might not have fallen away. Had 6 wins with Meehan starting 5 of them and playing 60 min in the other, bench him for your golden child and not win another game.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
McMahon has had no contact from Rennie/RA after saying he wanted to play for the wallabies basically means ruling him out of returning

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
McMahon has had no contact from Rennie/RA after saying he wanted to play for the wallabies basically means ruling him out of returning

Not really. He's dangled some bait which we haven't taken. It sounds like he wanted some special exemption to play. He's being told he can't have the best of both worlds, so if he is really that keen to play for the Wallabies, he knows what to do. Ball is in his court.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not really. He's dangled some bait which we haven't taken. It sounds like he wanted some special exemption to play. He's being told he can't have the best of both worlds, so if he is really that keen to play for the Wallabies, he knows what to do. Ball is in his court.

Look who his manager is

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

If he is not being looked at by Rennie then he wont be looked at for an RA top up so at the very most he could earn here is about $300k by what Rodda got. He could get 3 times that in Japan. I know its the 5th best comp in the world but watching the games on stan he is by far & away the best loose fwd out side of Hooper. & lastly who needs a 6 in SRAU that desperately with the cap going down?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If he is not being looked at by Rennie then he wont be looked at for an RA top up so at the very most he could earn here is about $300k by what Rodda got. He could get 3 times that in Japan. I know its the 5th best comp in the world but watching the games on stan he is by far & away the best loose fwd out side of Hooper. & lastly who needs a 6 in SRAU that desperately with the cap going down?

I'm sure he could get a RA top up if he reached out to Super sides. I think this is all just feeling things out. Good to know though that he's kept his form in Japan. I haven't watched anything at all, but the glimpse I did have was that Hooper looked to a bit chubbier than normal. How's Hooper's form? Electric?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I'm sure he could get a RA top up if he reached out to Super sides. I think this is all just feeling things out. Good to know though that he's kept his form in Japan. I haven't watched anything at all, but the glimpse I did have was that Hooper looked to a bit chubbier than normal. How's Hooper's form? Electric?

RA are cutting back & so is the cap & Rennie has made contact with everyone he wants towards RWC23. Looks like he is backing Hanigan/Swinton/Valentini & a couple of younger ones on that side. So I dont think he will get a top up

Hoops looks so far above that level (& so he should) just picks turn overs at will. the boys on "the rugby report card" summed the top league up the best 'its like colts there is about 3 really good teams they have about 4 really good players & there is sides at the bottom that scoring a try is like having a win"

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If McMahon is interested in the Wallabies he should organise a call with Rennie and Scott Johnson to discuss where he is at and what their thoughts are.

I would find it incredibly hard to believe they wouldn't be receptive to a phone call.

The reverse where a player puts out a vague statement in the media and then says they haven't had any contact from the coach is rubbish in my view. If you're serious about making something happen, go to them.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Piccone seems to fancy himself as Rugby's version of Mino Raiola. Feed some shit to the media and agitate a move for your player, earning a neat 10%. Probably not as lucrative without transfer fees.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Have we ever seen any evidence that Picone's clients are unhappy with him? I mean, his job is to do what they want him to - none of them are being shipped overseas against their will... just saying

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Get a better manager, it’s literally their job

On the contract side, sure.

I think Rennie would be far more open to a direct conversation with a well credentialed Wallaby like McMahon than with his manager. The manager would be told that Rennie has nothing to do with contracting and he should talk to a Super Rugby side and RA.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Paul Asquith, Jake Ball and Ed Kennedy all departing Scarlets and returning back to Australia at the end of the season, all have a few seasons of rugby left in them.