• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pretty confident it qualifies. Wikipedia (it is never wrong is it?) says is it a ski resort village albeit that "It is primarily a winter-only resort village".

More info on Roy and HG Winter Olympic Bid for Smiggin Holes here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiggin_Holes_2010_Winter_Olympic_bid

Anyhow you started it with your reference to Rampaging Roy Slaven and Lithgow a page or two back!:)

As it Starts and Finishes with an "S", it matters little if the TMO upholds your challenge.

Strathfield - Dunlop still stand regardless. Next Town is a "P"

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It's not in my Aussie Post postcodes book, but your elegant retreat is appreciated.

Putty. Tactile yet bloody difficult to transverse by road.

PS. And what's wrong with referencing Rampaging Roy Slaven?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yackandandah. A small north Victorian town only famous because a mate of mine from College came from a property nearby. They also filmed "Strange Bedfellows" here.

PS. Lindommer, nothing wrong with reference to Rampaging Roy, just that your reference to him was a catalyst for me to get a reference to the Smiggin Holes Winter Olympic Bid. Rumnour has it that HG Nelson is being groomed to be the next NSW State Governor after the next Prof Bashir term.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
HG NELSON FOR GOVERNOR OF NEW SOUTH WALES? I like it, but, he's a Croweater.

Hay, take yer choice: NSW or WA.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Younghusband - Little more than a caravan park on the Murray in SA (with a postcode SA 5328).

We needed a SA location in honour of the State of Origin of our future Governor.
Croweater - Meh, in NSW we embrace all, and even foreigners can rise to become State Governor.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dalgety, NSW - a tiny town not far from Jindabyne.

Believe it or not, Dalgety was mooted as the location for the national capital before it was decided that it was too close to Melbourne relative to Sydney and Canberrra was chosen instead.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
I hope that someone has done Yorkeys Knob... I am not going there.

Yallingup - favourite surf break for all the boys from all teams that surf. Has a wonderful rep with the Sharks boys that surf plus Matty Hodgson from the force. Also it is next door to Margaret River so the visit to Cape Mentelle/Vasse Felix make it just that little more worthwhile. Real sharks can be a small issue though :/

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Poowong - This South Gippsland town is known more for the unusual nature of its name than anything else. Can you imagine barracking for this town in the footy??

(Yorkeys Knob has already been done (Joining Albury and Betoota. Good self regulation.)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Glen Innes, NSW - In the Northern Tablelands, the area is well known for farming and sapphires.

It also ends in S which we haven't had too many of.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sorrento- a great place to go for a swim. (Only the oldies will get this)

That's more Portsea than Sorrento isn't it (assuming you're alluding to Cheviot Beach).

Oberon, NSW - on the western side of the Blue Mountains. It is actually the birthplace of the Male Model from Mudgee, Ken Sutcliffe.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Kangaroo Ground, VIC. It is a small town north east of the Melbourne CBD.

I know nothing about it except it ends in D and we haven't had many Ds.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Emerald - a mining town in the Queensland gemfields. About 300 km inland from Rocky, I "mined" some sapphires and a ruby from Emerald. The nearby Fairbairn dam is bigger then Sydney Harbour.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Davidson, probably the least known suburb in North Shore/Northern Beaches for those who live there...it's across the bridge from Roseville

Status
Not open for further replies.