• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well played that man. I used to go to school there - 50 kids in those days K-6. Now less than thirty. Anyway, back to the game...

Yetman NSW - up just short of the QLD border. Fishing in the Macintyre River and home to the Codfish Hotel.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Narrawallee - South Coast NSW. Hmmmm, know a few people from there, used to have some logging.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Edgeroi NSW. In the middle of massive wheat country south of Moree. The earth around there is flat enough to see the curvature.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck. E again?

Eastern Creek NSW - spiritual home to all things bogan in Western Sydney: racing of all sorts, prostitutes, and land fill.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Koo Wee Rup, Vic. Famous for being near Nar Nar Goon (Mural Town). Another great sounding town name.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Puckapunyal, Army town in Northern Victoria. Red Gum's 19 year old Soldier left from here to go to Vietnam in the song "I was only 19".

"Mum and Dad and Denny saw the passing-out parade at Puckapunyal
It was a long march from cadets.
The sixth battalion was the next to tour, and it was me who drew the card.
We did Canungra, Shoalwater before we left. ......."

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Lambton-

Steve and Tom Lamont live there ( ex norths and SU colts) both played for Hunter in the country champs, had their photo in the herald.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nabiac, NSW - a little town on the Pacific Highway south of Taree.

I stopped there once for a bacon and egg roll. That was the only highlight of the town.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Eggs and Bacon Bay, TAS. It's nowhere near anywhere and would be fucking cold.

Ok, so I looked that one up, but the name was too awesome to pass up.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ashford NSW. Previously produced tobacco and coal. Now left as merino country and has a few natural attractions such as the caves, Macintyre Falls, and the nearby Pindari Dam... Which isn't natural...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Eggs and Bacon Bay, TAS. It's nowhere near anywhere and would be fucking cold.

Ok, so I looked that one up, but the name was too awesome to pass up.
In the 2011 census, there were 245 people living in Eggs And Bacon Bay. 50.8% are male and 49.2% are female. Eggs And Bacon Bay is 44 Km from Hobart.

Status
Not open for further replies.