• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Gayndah. Home of Gay Dan, the orange man. One of the earliest settled towns in Qld. Big citrus area. Badly flooded by the Burnett river in January. Traditional rivals to Munduberra.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Hanwood - located just south of Griffith NSW, home of the McWilliams Estate. If you go to Griffith via Darlington Point, you won't see Hanwood.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Are you arguing with yourself Baldric ? Do you want to play the game? If so, Darlington Point has already been done mate, come up with another D town and stop talking to yourself. :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Oxford Falls: Suburb on Sydney's Northern Beaches. Home to St Pius X Playing Fields. Michael Hooper and Luke Jones know every blade of grass on those ovals.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Scotts Head-NSW
Home to a great right hand point for the surfers amongst us, but they will already know. And at the Bowlo there there is a one legged man named Flippo who tells some of the best yarns I have ever heard. Had us all in stitches for hours.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Nebo-QLD

Just near Mackay but there is nobody famous around this part of the world BUT there is gold in them thar hills found heaps in the last century

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^
C'mon Lindo, you tried that some time ago.

Ophir, ofa'n end to this thread!

Nusadan. TMO has spotted that Ophir has already been claimed by Lindommer, and is therefore given a Red Card. Good Trivia fact none the less.

Next town starter reverts to "O" from Nebo.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Old Bar - At the mouth of the Manning River. As a counter to Deniliquin Ute Muster, Old Bar holds the record for the largest VW Kombi van gathering.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Edgecliff - Eastern Suburb of Sydney. Originally named because it was on the edge of a cliff overlooking Sydney Harbour. Sydney Grammar Rugby fields are near here.

Status
Not open for further replies.