• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
EUNGAI RAIL from Gristlechewer was the last legit entry.

Burra which prompted Altona did not follow Eungai Rail.

Anyone have a "L" town/suburb that ends in "B" to link Eungai Rail with Burra?

If we don't get one of these soon, the TMO may have to issue a couple of yellow cards to a couple of towns.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)

If we don't get one of these soon, the TMO may have to issue a couple of yellow cards to a couple of towns.
I have no idea on a town that starts in L and ends in B. but I will shift us to...

LOWER SNUG - TAS.

Near Hobart, but what a cool name. Lots of loving and inbreeding assured in Lower Snug, which is just south of Snug. I wonder if there is an Upper Snug?

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Glengarry - Vic. In the La Trobe Valley. You could get a pie there at Bushies Bakery, but the quality is unknown.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)

Yeah!!!!

YARRABERB - VIC

Just near Bendigo, whilst being a hole on the face of the earth, it is still nicer than Auburn... So that now means BURRA comes back into play and leads into ALTONA as the last valid entry. A town starting with A is ????? Please do not say Auburn. :) :) :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dragon's Door is great though

Burra - Two roads in, one is sealed, and the tennis courts are the town center.

Altona - Vic Home to Ms Gillard.

Thanks to the research skills of Gristlechewer, the above entries are now "legitimately" in play.

While the thread rules discourage google research, external assistance via Messrs Google, Wikipedia et al is allowed.

Next town starts with "A" from Altona

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Bugger Tittybong, This Austrian town has to be on bucket list.

Fucking%2C_Austria%2C_street_sign.jpg

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fucking,_Austria,_street_sign.jpg

Most photographed and stolen town sign in Europe.

For a while there was another sign underneath that said "Bitte nicht so schnell, Kinder!" or in English: "Please not so fast, children!"

The Burgermeister was quoted in a British newspaper "Stop stealing the Fucking sign"

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Could someone please come up with a town/suburb ending in Q, so I can submit my old home-town? Maybe an extension to the rules to allow some Middle East countries, just like allowing George Smith to play for the Wobs!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Could someone please come up with a town/suburb ending in Q, so I can submit my old home-town? Maybe an extension to the rules to allow some Middle East countries, just like allowing George Smith to play for the Wobs!

Quirindi?

Pretty sure you are on the money Pfitzy.

Mr Doug you missed your chance. Several pages back, I nominated Dumaresq.

Dumaresq. A locality NW of Armidale. Probably the only Q ending place in Oz. Also a river that runs past Texas, Qld and joins the Murray-Darling via the Macintyre. Wines come from vineyards in the Dumaresq valley. Had any of these Lindommer? - Recommendations?
Quilpie was the next town.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Pretty sure you are on the money Pfitzy.

Mr Doug you missed your chance. Several pages back, I nominated Dumaresq.

Quilpie was the next town.

HJ, Dumaresq (pron. Dumerrick) is a Shire, and the name of a river, not a town or suburb, (at least that was the situation 26 years ago when I left NW NSW), so therefore is ineligible under the 'rules of the game'!!

Quirindi is the town I'm looking to promote!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Bugger the rules, can someone put up a D town in sequence so's we can get Mr D his home town.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Aren't we still looking for a town starting with 'A'???

If so, Aberdeen - located in the Hunter Valley just outside Muswellbrook. Not sure of the pie status of the bakery there. Carry on.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Aren't we still looking for a town starting with 'A'???

If so, Aberdeen - located in the Hunter Valley just outside Muswellbrook. Not sure of the pie status of the bakery there. Carry on.

Was also home to Paul Keating's infamous piggery, so maybe pork pies were the specialty!! How appropriate!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
OK Lindommer, I'm going to bend the rules: Nosa Q (as in Queensland). A "lesser" cousin to the beautiful Gold Coast, and home of Bob Ansett.

Quirindi: gateway to the Liverpool Plains, name means "Nest in the hills", originally inhabited by the Kamilaroi Tribe, pop around 2,850. Birthplace of Wallabies Mac Ramsay, David Carter, and (hopefully, before 2015 RWC), Sam Carter. Also birthplace of Mr Doug and his two children! Good pies at the "Tank and Tummy" roadhouse, Wallabadah.
(A horse part-owned by Sam Carter's Grandfather and Mr Doug won the 1982 Wallabadah Cup)!!!

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
IRISH TOWN - TAS

Just down the road from Burnie, a tops little place that absolutely shits all over Auburn. No pies to rave about

Status
Not open for further replies.