• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Sorry That should have been a Y. Bugger me.
How about Yan Yean - Vic. On the outskirts of Melbourne and nicer that Auburn

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Edit:
Baldric has self regulated the previous post and while @Gristlechewer's tour of bogan places to avoid and pie shops with reference to the Benchmark set by Auburn finished at Erowal Bay not Erowal, the TMO has ruled that Lang Lang has been awarded a Yellow card for being out of sequence but it can be used on another L lead in.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Napoleons - Vic. Near Ballarat and I am buggered if I know why they called it that. Pie status is unknown.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
SINGLETON- NSW

Home to Australias greatest halfback after NFJ. If Steve Merrick had have signed on profesionally (said he couldn't take the pay cut... Miners eh?) , would George Gregan have played more than a couple of tests? I think not.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Bugger the Singleton scrummies, what're pies like up there? C'mon, Gc, let's get our priorities right.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
NURIOOTPA - SA

The greatest sportsman of his time, H G Nelson came from round Nuri way. Home to the Vine Inn (Tooheys Old on tap :) )and Gateway to the Barossa , a wonderful place to visit. Probably one of the best Chinese feeds I have had away from Sydney too. No decent pies there. Nicer than Auburn

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Albion Park Rail Next to Albion Park, and built around the Albion Park Railway Station. The Illawarra Light Railway Museum is here and their cafe serves Vilis Pies, but they are normally served too far hot for convenient scoffing.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Leschenault WA 6233

Semi rural enclave north of Bunbury situated on the Leschenault Inlet. Good feeds of blue swimmer crab can be caught in the inlet at the right time of year. Also an excellent spot to ride your motorbike into a kangaroo and strip the skin from your arse.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tittybong Vic 3542. South of Swan Hill, it has a postcode, awesome sounding name and very little else. There is no gastronomic reason to stop in Tittybong.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Guyra, NSW. Between Armidale and Glen Innes in the Northern Tablelands. I have no idea of the pie situation there.It gets bloody cold in winter.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Abergowrie. Between Ingham and no where. Pie outlook bleak! But Ingham has the best paninis in the world!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Eudunda SA. Pie situation stable due to presence of bakers of German heritage. Also home of Pfitzner Park.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Acton - ACT suburb near the lake at the foot of Black Mountain. Most Canberra Suburbs have been named after famous fashion designers, and in this instance it was named after Prue Acton. You can get a great pizza and a good wine at Bicicletta Restaurant in Acton.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Tittybong Vic 3542. South of Swan Hill, it has a postcode, awesome sounding name and very little else. There is no gastronomic reason to stop in Tittybong.
Off topic, but I reckon that Gaggers should make a mission to at least get one photo of themselves in Tittybong before they die. Bugger world cups and climbing Everest . This is good shit.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bugger Tittybong, This Austrian town has to be on bucket list.

Fucking%2C_Austria%2C_street_sign.jpg

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fucking,_Austria,_street_sign.jpg

Most photographed and stolen town sign in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.