• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Yass, NSW - You know the place, there's a Macca's and a KFC there. Well, almost, they're at the service centre off the highway. It's bloody cold at Yass in winter, always hated getting out of the car there as a kid.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
I can't believe this but...

STANMORE - NSW.

There are three good things about stanmore, being...
1. Leaving it
2. The nudie bar just up from a school there
3. It has helped alleviate the amount of hipsters hanging around Enmore and Newtown... Sort of a pov Erskineville.
They don't have pies in stanmore

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Erindale. Famous for its rugby school that has produced Wallabies Gregan, Giteau and Stuart.
There is also a suburb of Adelaide with the same name.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
ELECTRA - QLD

Named after the bad actress with pnuematic enhancement, Electra is right near Bundy in Queensland on the Gin Gin Road it is a wonderful little blink and you missed it whistle stop if your are heading for FNQ. As far as Carmen Electra, she went looking for Wondah Knob, which is about another 20k's up the road.
Nicer than Auburn

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Carnegie - Vic. A suburb of Melbourne. Home of the lesser known Carnegie Hall. Full pie services available here.

U

Unders Line

Eugowra, NSW - Famous for stagecoach hold ups on route from gold fields.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Eugowra - I know nothing about Eugowra.

Eugowra, NSW, in the no man's land in the Central West competition as has no rugby club so a local has to choose between Cowra, Parkes, Forbes and Orange rugby union teams to play for unless he's into league!

The entry of Eugowra from Unders Line has been Red Carded - Already used.

Next town is a "E" start from Carnegie

SIMPLE RULES.
Next town in the chain starts with the last letter of the previous town.
No previous entries.
A bit of trivia about the town is needed. - Preferably food, wine or rugby related trivia. Pie shop rating encouraged.
Use of resource material is discouraged but not against rules.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
EAST MOONTA - SA.

As the name says,just east of Moonta Bay on the Spencer Gulf. There is a really good little burger fish and chip shop there that sells "potato cakes" and "scallops" . Buggered me for at least an hour so I went with the works burger and chips. Worth it. The Spencer Gulf is home to a lot of really wealthy fisho's and bogans. Usually being one and the same. Also some reallllllyyyy big sharks. You can keep heading through East Moonta and end up in Whyalla.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
Aldinga Beach-Also SA

50k's+/- south of Adelaide, St. Vincents Gulf, sand so hard you drive straight onto the beach, mainly used for accommodation for the 1986 SLS national titles, held just north at Moana beach (same beach, think Manly, Steyne and Queenscliff.) No surf, plenty of Coopers Stout. Also coincided with the last pass of Halley's comet

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Off topic, but I reckon that Gaggers should make a mission to at least get one photo of themselves in Tittybong before they die. Bugger world cups and climbing Everest . This is good shit.

And the fun police roll on relentlessly.

This from the SMH yesterday

"As a descriptor of the local landscape, Titswobble Road at Tuncurry leaves no doubt as to the rocky terrain. But as state's road naming policy is overhauled, its days may be numbered."

source:http://smh.drive.com.au/roads-and-t...n-notice-in-policy-revamp-20130619-2oiin.html

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Golden Beach QLD, another locality in Sunshine Coast, pretty much a part of Caloundra, and if my memory serves me right, that's where the Wallabies have their camps in the north of Brisbane, if not now.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Hopetoun - A small town on the south coast of WA between Albany and Esperance. Formerly a fishing village, it has been overrun with rich cockies from all around buying holiday homes and house prices are through the roof.

As an aside, I lived there for 6 months building accommodation for the nearby Ravensthorpe mine. The local Cafe only opens odd hours and I can't recall their pies, so they were obviously only average.

Cyril Towers (30)
Niangala, at the top of the Port Stephens cutting. Where Malcolm Naden had a pot shot at a copper. You could make a nice pie from the fruits of the berry farm there.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
AGNES WATERS - QLD

Supposedly the most northern town on the mainland where you can surf. The great barrier reef gets in the way after that. The sister town is 1770 so this will never get mentioned because I already mentioned Number One. The bakery here is awesome!!! Really nice pies and fresh cream apple turnovers ;) ;) ;) The Mango tree motel has a really nice cafe restaurant that makes a burger that will get you all the way to Townsville. If it didn't have so may bloody Victorians there, it would be heaven on earth. Needless to say it is not only nicer than Auburn, it makes you realise that selective nuclear testing should be done... On Auburn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.