• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Argentina - 21 November, Newcastle

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well, decision made and they can get on with it. Practise kicking the crap out of the pill. Need to play the game in their half.

That means that Lolesio is on the bench.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
This is a planta fascia injury which he has reportedly carried most of the season but has got worse.

Feck, I've had plantar fascia pain. Real bastard of a niggle that one, takes a while and plenty of rest to get it to settle down but it does eventually. He should be fine next year though if properly managed. Send him back to QLD to enjoy the thunderstorms and a few weeks off.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I didn't see the Australia A game but.. Valetini plays nothing like Naisarani?

He puts big hits on in D and has a higher workrate around the ruck. Isi is all about boshing it up and bending the line, which is not a thing Valetini does. Wasn't it Kafe whining about how Valetini doesn't play wider and run it more?

Pretty much why I'd favour Wilson at 6 and Isi at 8. Wilson attacks best out wide and links well with his wingers. That is missing from his game playing at 8. Isi otoh hits it up hard in close and works extremely hard off the back of the scrum. Just like to see Isi used more, and be more effective, at lineout time to let Wilson hit it up in the midfield or wider off lineout.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I love Wilson’s work in tight.

I think it just comes down to who he is playing with and where they are best deployed, and I think all of the remaining choices have reasonable claims, without any of them ticking all the boxes.

In the first test I was surprised Rennie played Wilson wide and Samu in the middle. I wouldn’t mind seeing how Samu went if the roles were reversed.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Developed some mild plantar fasciitis on one foot and after some farting around, the podiatrist recommended those insert thingees. Orthotics? Anyway they were fucking shit for walking long distances but after doing that a few times in them, the pain cleared up.

It is a bastard if you don't catch it early.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Developed some mild plantar fasciitis on one foot and after some farting around, the podiatrist recommended those insert thingees. Orthotics? Anyway they were fucking shit for walking long distances but after doing that a few times in them, the pain cleared up.

It is a bastard if you don't catch it early.

how long did it keep you out of test footy?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeh I think he was released.

I'm all for blooding new players but geez if he made his Wallabies debut this year, that'll do me. We're about to go up against one of the hardest forward packs in the world and playing a guy who is still so raw and can't hold his own scrumming at Super level would be ridiculous. Especially considering some much better options still ahead of him.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hes going to have a hard time cracking the Wallabies behind AAA and Tupou. Even HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) stands in the way of a squad spot given he can cover both sides in theory.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
WALLABIES (1-15): Scott Sio, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Taniela Tupou, Rob Simmons, Matt Philip, Ned Hanigan, Michael Hooper (c), Harry Wilson, Nic White, Reece Hodge, Marika Koroibete, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Tom Wright, Tom Banks
RESERVES: Folau Fainga'a, Angus Bell, Allan Ala'alatoa, Rob Valetini, Liam Wright, Jake Gordon, Noah Lolesio, Filipo Daugunu

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Weird bench. I guess Hanigan is the reserve lock. Sio comes in for Slipper, Bell stays at #17. Valetini and Wright on the bench. Gordon replaced Tate.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sio a straight swap for Slipper, Tupou swaps to the starting side with Ala'alatoa moving to the bench.

Hanigan starts for Swinton with Valetini coming onto the bench.

Jake Gordon replaces McDermott on the bench.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hanigan starts in the back row AND is reserve lock.
Tupou start.
Sio in.
Backline unchanged.
Valentini AND Wright on the bench.
Tate dropped for Gordon.