• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yes but i’d say a big factor in this crowd is that there hasn’t been a Wallabies test East of Homebush since 2018, in that period two have been at Parramatta and one at Homebush.
Plenty of English expats too

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I think he should borrow Sharni Williams’
Maybe we can all chip in and get him one of these

1657856512500.png

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
A pretty good effort to sell out the SCG. Not a particularly good venue to watch rugby internationals.
question and i dont know the answer.
Why isnt Optus slammed as a bad rugby venue and why wasnt Marvel slammed as a bad venue during the last lions tour when theyre the same shape as the SCG which is derided regularly.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Hopefully the camera angles are better for rugby than they are for AFL at the SCG.

I've seen better footage from Ballarat VFL seconds matches than the feed coming from that low-lying flat perspective platform they park the cameras on up there.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
question and i dont know the answer.
Why isnt Optus slammed as a bad rugby venue and why wasnt Marvel slammed as a bad venue during the last lions tour when theyre the same shape as the SCG which is derided regularly.
I personally will never ever go watch rugby at the Olympic Stadium or the SCG again ever. After paying huge bucks for a top-priced Lions seat only to find that the players were like ants and then watching the Tahs at the SCG two years ago with the same result (even though I spent half the game with my eyes glued to binoculas) its never again. Learnt my lesson.

Pity that the officials can only see dollars. Value for dollars paid doesn't exist at AFL type stadiums.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I personally will never ever go watch rugby at the Olympic Stadium or the SCG again ever. After paying huge bucks for a top-priced Lions seat only to find that the players were like ants and then watching the Tahs at the SCG two years ago with the same result (even though I spent half the game with my eyes glued to binoculas) its never again. Learnt my lesson.

Pity that the officials can only see dollars. Value for dollars paid doesn't exist at AFL type stadiums.
Yes… it should have been played at the purpose built Parramatta stadium…
Sure, smaller capacity but imagine the singing from the Poms and everyone there gets a bloody good seat!
Unfortunately it’s about the dollars.

Alex Ross (28)

Ive watch State of Origin from the cheap seats and the Wallabies from a box at Olympic Stadium. Cheap seats are what they are and pretty far back. But it was still ok I thought.
Certainly Parra stadium is allot better. But even then if the action is up the other end there’s not much any stadium can do

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Sure, smaller capacity but imagine the singing from the Poms and everyone there gets a bloody good seat!
I think it has to be about the dollars right now.

Personally, if I’m going to game live it’s never so I can get a good look at it, it’s about the atmosphere and just being there. No matter where it is I’ll be constantly looking at the big screen and I’ll always watch the replay the next day to see what actually happened. The thing about Homebush is it’s a shit location - it’s a logistical debacle to get to and from and you always have a swollen bladder when you get back to wherever you’re from when all the pubs are shut. At least the SCG is in a good location and a good time is guaranteed before and after the game.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I think it has to be about the dollars right now.

Personally, if I’m going to game live it’s never so I can get a good look at it, it’s about the atmosphere and just being there. No matter where it is I’ll be constantly looking at the big screen and I’ll always watch the replay the next day to see what actually happened. The thing about Homebush is it’s a shit location - it’s a logistical debacle to get to and from and you always have a swollen bladder when you get back to wherever you’re from when all the pubs are shut. At least the SCG is in a good location and a good time is guaranteed before and after the game.
The atmosphere will be pretty good at the SCG I agree…
The Olympic Stadium should have been built to pull down after the Olympics and the land sold off for housing ..
The SFS will be the best place to watch either rugby code or Soccer come September along with Parramatta Stadium.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Nah it shouldn’t have been.. half of Australia’s British population live in Bondi/Coogee, and there hasn’t been a Wallabies match match east of Homebush since 2018.

It’s going to be great atmosphere despite the stadium limitations.

Last edited:

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Nah it shouldn’t have been.. half of Australia’s British population live in Bondi/Coogee, and there hasn’t been a Wallabies match match east of Homebush since 2018.

It’s going to be great atmosphere despite the stadium limitations.
I concede….plus there are better pubs nearby!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Why isnt Optus slammed as a bad rugby venue and why wasnt Marvel slammed as a bad venue during the last lions tour when theyre the same shape as the SCG which is derided regularly?
Both Optus in Perth and Marvel in Melbourne are more oval than circular, as the SCG is. Also, Optus and Marvel have much steeper seating, all the way round. They're not perfect for rectangular sports but they're a damned sight better then the SCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.