• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, win this game and we’re on the right path. Lose it convincingly and we’re back where we were.

If we lose, or even draw, we are lower down the ranking than before England got here. If we win, we'll be just about where we started.

A win is required. Minimum outcome.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What if its a close game and we lose by a small margin?

Depends on the manner of the loss in my view. If we get bashed up and shamble our way to a close result I won't be happy. If we go full tilt and front up to England and it's the bounce of a ball or something similar I'll live with it.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Ireland have shown NZ the dangers of not being on your game. Wallabies need to respond to the England challenge and say not in our house mate. Have they got the mongrel to throw England out the door? I'm not so sure.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ireland have shown NZ the dangers of not being on your game. Wallabies need to respond to the England challenge and say not in our house mate. Have they got the mongrel to throw England out the door? I'm not so sure.
We haven't really had "mongrel" for some time. We've shown some good fight with tough asks (playing down 1-2 men) in recent years, but mongrel is not a word I would associate with Oz rugby in ages.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
great atmosphere building, plenty of gold in the stadium
DC899A41-5BBF-4037-964B-6E607621B058.jpeg

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
We haven't really had "mongrel" for some time. We've shown some good fight with tough asks (playing down 1-2 men) in recent years, but mongrel is not a word I would associate with Oz rugby in ages.
Mmmm....where can we find some mongrel for the Wallabies. You've either got it or not. Pretenders will be found out.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think White has plenty of mongrel, easily enough to punch way above his weight. And he's a genuine pest.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
It’s cold at the stadium, and jackets go over jerseys.

Also $30 for scarf versus $160 for jersey
You only need to buy a jumper once. Lasts plenty of years. It's the mindset of us Australian's. Certainly no sea of Gold at the SCG.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Excellent Welcome To Country.

"We used to drink from the waters of Illyawara to Wollongong but 139 years ago some white colonising pricks turned up and stopped us. Well, we're still here c****s so go f** yourselves. Illiwabi on 3, ILLIWABI!"

Status
Not open for further replies.