• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

If AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) invited his sister in law and 2 friends into a room and Beale's only involvement is being there (presumeably in what was his room), then I don't know why he would be subject to any sanction at all.

Ask Hoops.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just saw the shorts for the 9 news.
“Michael Cheika caught lying about why he dropped two of his stars”

Here it comes

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just saw the shorts for the 9 news.
“Michael Cheika caught lying about why he dropped two of his stars”

Here it comes

It’s just about him not initially telling the media the real reason why Beale and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) were dropped, and prefering to keep these issues in house.........

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think there is just a general rule of no women in the hotel rooms

Yes I know that, but if your room mate asks a relative up to the room and she brings a couple of people with her it's in a different category to bringing casual aquaintences back after midnight and I think that the person who has invited the vistors is in a different category to a person who's only misdemeanour might be to share the room.

EDIT: None of what I have said should justify the breach of protocol, I'm just giving it some context and perspective.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
It’s just about him not initially telling the media the real reason why Beale and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) were dropped, and prefering to keep these issues in house...

I read the article initially but now the paywall won't let me read it again so I can't post the link. He's pretty frank, he says that just like players not cutting the mustard at training etc the public doesn't need to know why someone wasn't selected. Once it was leaked to the media he was up front about it.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Nothing new in it. Maybe the leadership group could have handled it a little differently?
None of it reflects a group that are tight knit and backing each other up.

Annoying to say the least.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think there is just a general rule of no women in the hotel rooms

I remember, years ago, when I was a trainee in the Navy, the rules were that we had to have the door open when we had female company in our rooms. Maybe they could have tried that? :)

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
They are in trouble for breaching team rules. I can understand why teams would have such rules and would enforce them without exception/discretion.

I think we need to be careful making statements which imply anything otherwise untoward went on.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I read the article initially but now the paywall won't let me read it again so I can't post the link. He's pretty frank, he says that just like players not cutting the mustard at training etc the public doesn't need to know why someone wasn't selected. Once it was leaked to the media he was up front about it.

I think that attitude is why he is losing most of the fans. I don't say he needs to expose all of the details, but he should be a little more frank about the real reasons for things like selections etc. Like, for instance, exactly why someone like Tom Banks hasn't even had a minute of game time on tour after being one of the better performers in the second half of Super this year.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Speak for yourself. Nobody can say what "most of the fans" want, other than that they would love to win.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I think that attitude is why he is losing most of the fans. I don't say he needs to expose all of the details, but he should be a little more frank about the real reasons for things like selections etc. Like, for instance, exactly why someone like Tom Banks hasn't even had a minute of game time on tour after being one of the better performers in the second half of Super this year.

I'm of the opposite mindset - I don't know what the reason is that Banks hasn't got a run, I just assume that there is one. Similarly, there is a reason that TT isn't in the 23, it remains to be seen whether we find out what that is. There's also a reason why Maddocks is starting ahead of Koroibete or Naivau - I don't know what it is, I assume it's to do with kicking.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I have both a brother's wife & a wife's sister - as much as I like both I wouldn't be "hanging out" with either in a hotel room whilst in a foreign country without said brother/wife also present .
Agreed. Pretty poor form by AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Somehow I really doubt the Sister in Law thing.

Think that might be a bit of misinformation to legitimise and make it look wholesome and innocent.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I have both a brother's wife & a wife's sister - as much as I like both I wouldn't be "hanging out" with either in a hotel room whilst in a foreign country without said brother/wife also present .

Jesus it’s 2018, this isn’t the stone ages. What’s the problem?? oh shit there’s a bed in the room shock horror can’t have females in there because you have to bang them if you do

Reactions: dru

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Whatever happened it means we are now without 3 of our most experienced squad members instead of 1.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
If AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) invited his sister in law and 2 friends into a room and Beale's only involvement is being there (presumeably in what was his room), then I don't know why he would be subject to any sanction at all.

Unfortunately I think there is a bit more to it than just that. Some friends saw Beale in the hotel lobby after the game but the timing was probably before the above. Their impression was that Beale was very intoxicated and very poorly behaved. One group of young ladies in the hotel lobby were clearly upset at his obnoxious behavior and told him so, only for Beale to tell them they could “Fuck off”.

Status
Not open for further replies.