• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v South Africa - Perth - 6 September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can we have a team of Eales, Giffen and Sharpe lead an intense lineout training session with our other locks/backrowers so Simmons can go to the NRC?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Phipps' passing got very erratic towards the end though. That would have made Link nervous, but so would the prospect of bringing on White...

The fact that Phipps got the ball out in front of the man was a huge factor in our ability to gain ground. Much like the Tahs did in the Super Rugby final to get upfield and win

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So the question is should Speight be rushed into the starting side. Moving AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13 and K to the bench?

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Yeah the Speight dilemma has been made tougher with Kuridrani having an absolute blinder tonight and Horne playing pretty well. Do they ween him in off the bench next week or replace Horne?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
No it was a team try. Beale's nice inside pass, Falou's great offload, Kuridrani making the right option, Horne finishing brilliantly.
Absolutely agree each of our guys did really well to generate the opportunity,but
We are not giving Morne Steyne enough credit.
Have another look at his effort,it's hard to see what he could do differently to make his attempt more pathetic.
Thank you Morne.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
So the question is should Speight be rushed into the starting side. Moving AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13 and K to the bench?

Moving AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the Bench..... (let the shit storm begin)
Sorry AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is great but Kuridrani has done so well at 13 at test level.

P

Pjmil

Kick off - The ball doesn't have to reach the 10m line on the full, it just has to reach it before a player of the team who kicked off touches it or else there will be a restart. If the ball bounces before the 10 and then goes over it is play on.

We tend to lose our way through matches and I have to blame the leadership for that, does Hooper have it?

Carter was invisible though so was Simmons except when he was giving away penalties so I'd rather have Carter stay and Horwill come in.

Line out was atrocious on our throw and theirs. Half the time the hooker was working to the wrong call and the other half his throw was bad. On theirs we offered 0 pressure. What's Mann-Rea's set piece like? Hanson was terrible and I know Fainga'a is as well and we don't need a mobile hooker against the Argies.

Scrum was alright, Fardy needs to learn to stay on his Props arse. Cowan was strong when he came on and good around the park.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Interesting to see Fardy start without the head gear. Wonder if it was a statement of his intent to get stuck in and not worry about the consequences.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've been a solid defender of Simmons, but he needs to be replaced. Etzebeth and Matfield marked Simmons heavily in the lineout tonight, as out lineout is becoming quite predicable. I'm pretty sure it won't be the end of the world if we have someone else run the lineout.

I've defended Simmons for a while now, but if he ain't producing the goods, we can't keep persevering.

Status
Not open for further replies.