• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions 2nd Test (Melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hooray, good on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and lilo. But geez we did t deserve to win that with so many errors. And we were worried about coopers errors. Bring on next week!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Well last week I had hoped we had seen the last of the one out runners, with some close support of the forward ball carriers. What did we see this week, more one out runners than a rugby league match. Add to that the shockingly bad execution by backs of the game plan which seems to revolve around individual players doing something all on their own. The few times they tried to execute a set play it was all done in slow motion 15 metres behind the gain line. The game for the Wallabies comes down to individual passion and skills, there is little to no teamwork in constructing tries.

It was a game of high drama and intense emotions for all concerned and the Wallabies can only be congratulated for winning.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Aussie had a lot of good setups IMO but the errors and lack of polish let them down.

You could tell that the Wallabies were quite nervous for the whole game.

I blame Deans

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Jesus RD......talk about a coach choking under pressure. The post-match interview says it all mate - you got nothing to say and no ideas....well, any good ideas anyway.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Well last week I had hoped we had seen the last of the one out runners, with some close support of the forward ball carriers. What did we see this week, more one out runners than a rugby league match. Add to that the shockingly bad execution by backs of the game plan which seems to revolve around individual players doing something all on their own. The few times they tried to execute a set play it was all done in slow motion 15 metres behind the gain line. The game for the Wallabies comes down to individual passion and skills, there is little to no teamwork in constructing tries.

It was a game of high drama and intense emotions for all concerned and the Wallabies can only be congratulated for winning.

Well that is as complicated as Deans game plan can be. One out.

Only plus I'm going next week and the series is still alive.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
It really pisses me off. We have a team that is about another 5 to 10 points better than what it is achieving but deans thinks he is a genius for getting us there by 1 .

Alright, just going to call you out for this rubbish. I'm pretty sure you are not Robbie Deans so stop spouting what he's thinking in his mind.

The mods get all stroppy over excessive posts over Cooper, McCaw etc.. time to start doing it about the Deans stuff.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
What price is the TAB offering for the decider being decided in the 84th minute just like the first two tests?

Put the house on it.

something

Jim Clark (26)
wallabies very difficult to watch but glad we got away with the win. Exact same way as last week too!

have to say the first 60minutes were somewhat boring. I guess it wasn't gelling for either team.

best players in my opinion were halfpenny and lilo purely for the kicking.

the only time the entire game James OC doesnt stand deep and we get a try. He definitely isnt a flyhalf. That was a very critical QC (Quade Cooper)-like error in the last minute

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hard to watch the sight of Horwill celebrating tbh, considering there's no way he should've been playing.

But who cares, we've got the decider the sport of rugby needs. It's going to be massive.
No way? Didn't you hear him say 9 camera angles? Have you seen them all?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Aussie had a lot of good setups IMO but the errors and lack of polish let them down.

You could tell that the Wallabies were quite nervous for the whole game.

I blame Deans

Good setups?
Israel Dagg doesn't play as deep on the opponent's feed as JOC (James O'Connor) did tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.