• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions 2nd Test (Melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That has to be one of the saddest things I've read in a long time. Do yourself a favour, go and watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Well said, Richtofen. In fact we should instigate a new rule: you can't post here unless you've watched ALL the Monty Python films. Personally I'd thrown in a good measure of The Goons sound tracks as well, but I may be showing my age on that point.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
am I the only one here who laughed himself silly when the MP (Moana Pasifika) films came out, but now looking at them feel they are quite outdated and strained?

For mine they have not help up completely, tho naturally there are scenes that are still brilliant.

The young ones are another that come straight to mind that fall into the same category..OTOH, Fawlty Towers has lost absolutely nothing in the years since, seems to be completely timeless.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It is your personal experience, and a changing society, that determines what you find funny.

Sitcom in the vein of Seinfeld is a relatively new concept, and reality TV is even newer, and neither if them worked for me. Certain Python is funny as hell, others aren't

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Well said, Richtofen. In fact we should instigate a new rule: you can't post here unless you've watched ALL the Monty Python films. Personally I'd thrown in a good measure of The Goons sound tracks as well, but I may be showing my age on that point.

Anything by Ronnie Barker as well.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If Deans play O'Connor at 5/8 again and we lose he is going to look like to the world's stupid man. and I'm going to challenge him to a fight

How is the challenge going to be laid down BDA? Old school i.e. slap in the face with a leather glove? Or more modern i.e. a scathing 140 expletive laden tweet?

Reactions: BDA

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
How is the challenge going to be laid down BDA? Old school i.e. slap in the face with a leather glove? Or more modern i.e. a scathing 140 expletive laden tweet?

Yep challenge made and accepted. We decided on muskets at dawn this Saturday.

I'm usually pretty hung-over at dawn on a Saturday, but if I know Deans it's unlikely his weapon will fire properly :D

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yep challenge made and accepted. We decided on muskets at dawn this Saturday.

I'm usually pretty hung-over at dawn on a Saturday, but if I know Deans it's unlikely his weapon will fire properly :D

He'd probably pick JOC (James O'Connor) as his second and then wonder why he never showed up. Meanwhile JOC (James O'Connor) would be sleeping off a night out with KB (Kurtley Beale) with the pistol he was supposed to bring for Deans tucked under his pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.