• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions 2nd Test (Melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phatcows

Even if we win next week I hope the ARU are smart enough to realise that that our national team needs to go in a different direction. Without Deans.

Well that didn't happen at the end of the World Cup, why would it now? However the wallabies are looking better than the last 6ish years.

P

Paradox

Hooper wasn't help by some really inaccurate work by the whole team at the breakdown, his ball in hand work was pretty good, the Lions clean out on the other hand was immense

Inaccurate is a good word. We lost it there. Bring in Laurie Fisher as a breakdown technician.

Tommo53

Frank Row (1)
The struggle this week at the breakdown should mean we come back next week stronger.

I was holding such positivity for the scrum after the first 20 minutes, but a mixture of some interesting angles and the greater quality of the Lions subs turned that on its head.

Definitely not a fan of O'Connor at 10, his first steps are almost always sideways. Disappointing we won't be seeing a different option in that position.

That was definitely a great escape; I lost my bundle when we gave away that penalty.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
wow surprised (or maybe not) with the level of negativity on this site tonight. The boys played great. Yes there were some stupid errors and questionable selections, but it was a great win for aus. Im right behind the team.

Personally I think Deans is gone at the end of the year no matter what results he achieves.

P

phatcows

wow surprised (or maybe not) with the level of negativity on this site tonight. The boys played great. Yes there were some stupid errors and questionable selections, but it was a great win for aus. Im right behind the team.

Personally I think Deans is gone at the end of the year no matter what results he achieves.

Heh surprised? This is a festering pit :p

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
First time supporting Aus, when you play England I want you both to lose!?!? And went neutral when Conor Murray came on. Thought Aus deserved the win and think you will win next week, especially as I expect the welsh and English management to pick Phillips and cry baby Youngs as the 9 and 21 respectively, at least I hope they do anyway.

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
Well done Wobs. The series is set up for a decider and my voice should be back tomorrow. It was a game of great tension and the rugby gods smiled on us tonight. I certainly would like to see our backline function a little better..they tell me Larkham is still in good nick.

Wobs win, tour de f begins .......life is good.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Really, did Mogg get on the field?

I would prefer to see Barnes called on in the last minutes next week than a kid who has never been there

Yeah, I would prefer Mogg over Barnes. I accept the fact that Barnes may be more of a "super-sub" but I am fan of Mogg and I do believe he is a player of the future. I want to see him get the chance on the big stage. I am not alone in the belief that he his ready to take the next step and as much as I appreciate Berrick has been a solid servant over the years, he is not in the best form and I find his play a little negative....and tonight of all nights, it would have been nice to have someone out there with a massive punt. Beale's kicks in general play and for touch were not 1st class standard IMO.

Looking to the future - that's all...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Every guy (and girl) on here who has played the game knows this shit though. Every forward on these pages knows how to support the ball runner, protect the ruck, maintain possession etc etc. Same as the backs - they all know how to catch a ball, how to carry into contact e.g.. the basics.They do this week in and week out for their Super Rugby teams!! Are you saying that Robbie Deans actively coaches them to do the opposite in Wallaby camp?!?

Look at that absolute sitter that Beale dropped right when The Wallabies were starting to get some good momentum and pressure and field position. Is that RD's fault somehow?!? This was a game where opportunities were few and far between for both teams - that was one of them and I don't know how Robbie f**ked that up??

^ right there. This is the difference between someone who knows rugby, and someone who just hates Deans.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Even if we win next week I hope the ARU are smart enough to realise that that our national team needs to go in a different direction. Without Deans.

Really?
I just sat on the edge of my chair watching a gripping, take no prisoners match, with a grandstand finish.

I watched the game with Mungo followers and a couple from O/S.
They were all enthralled the entire game.

And your summation is, I hate the coach and want him sacked?

Why bother watching next week?
The Reds play again in a fortnight.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think it was exactly what the series needed.
To all the people still talking about Deans - look, comparing him the Macqueen is foolish because we all know he is the greatest coach we'll have seen for the Wallabies. So since professionalism, he's done well with Australia and I'm happy to have him around until the end of 2015.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He cleaned up some shite ball and won collisions. What other back did anything other than Genia and Lilo with his kicking? Cummins is a good player as well.

We got belted at the breakdown. Hooper, Douglas, and Horwill were pretty ordinary. Palu stepped up I thought.
I think the 13 scored one of those try things,you know the one's that are worth 5 points.
Reasonably important in a 1 point win?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Anyone comparing Deans to Macqueen is probably suffering a severe case of being an utterly retarded fuckwit.

Different players, different opposition, different referees, different law interpretations.

Is there a more feeble argument on this forum?

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Genia 9, cooper 10 ,JOC (James O'Connor) 12, Falou 13 ACC 11, Cummins 14 Mogg 15..

And Trust your forwards to be in your boots at all times

i'm Dreaming.

Still trying to find positives out of the 5min of the 80min we played. But i'm a C#$T. Can I say that here..

Really looking Forward to the Podcast this week. Matt and Scott have been doing a cracker job lately with the lions tour.. Well done lads:D

Seriously you would have a 10 12 channel of QC (Quade Cooper) and JOC (James O'Connor) with probably Roberts, tulingi or even Davis running at them all night.. your dreaming alright. Plus drop your kicker who played outstanding today..

Although your posts in the brumbies vs lions thread were amazingly funny so i will let you off..

P

phatcows

I like to watch - So how does this work?
Your comment is as even as flat_eric's

Pfitzy - No mate, just someone who is pissed off at the game and needs a vent. I should know.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)

I hope so mate, I know winged and carry on a out team selcelction. But at the end of the day the players selected are our best. There Just not coached how they should be.
Even though we won and most might like a win. It's dosent show any confidence for the future or 2015 with dean as head coach. We play a team like the lions every 12 years. We play the All blacks 3,4, times a year and we can't beat them. That's who we need to beat and also to dominates for a few years. We have the players not the coaching.

P

Paradox

I think the 13 scored one of those try things,you know the one's that are worth 5 points.
Reasonably important in a 1 point win?

So you're saying that was completely down to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)? Sure mate :rolleyes: O'Connor laid that try on but he didn't play well overall so you're making no sense.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think it was exactly what the series needed.
To all the people still talking about Deans - look, comparing him the Macqueen is foolish because we all know he is the greatest coach we'll have seen for the Wallabies. So since professionalism, he's done well with Australia and I'm happy to have him around until the end of 2015.
Yeh lets compare him to Greg Smith. He had a brain tumour and manage 63% win record!

Status
Not open for further replies.