• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia Vs. England, Twickenham, 2nd November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well that was a little disappointing.

Credit to the Soap Dodgers for not giving up and taking the chances that were offered to them.

Tight 5 in general play were missing in action. Body positions too high, Inaccurate at breakdown.

Scrums were a lottery, and there appeared to be some pre-conceived decision making. Time for our media to start attacking the Soap Dodger Front Row and their tactics.

Backs going for the miracle play not solid grafting and building pressure to create the chances as per To'omua's try.

The good news: Ashton did not score.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Fucking appalling. How did we lose to such a shit and inexperienced Pom team, even with their 16th man.

Stunned.

P

Pokinacha

That was fucked. Can quite honestly say that we would have won that with a less incompetent ref.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Some pretty unlucky 50-50 calls in that game.

Wallabies seriously need to find some grunt in the forwards. Referees have tended to referee the way of the dominant team and currently we are not and therefore the 50-50 calls are not going our way.

They also need to stop screaming at the ref and waving their arms and play the ball. It must be awful to just hear a bunch of ballerinas in canary yellow telling you how to ref the game.

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)
I dunno, I'm trying hard to say that the better team won but I'm not sure. Both teams were absolute shit. Both England tries were a joke. I'm angry.

madflyhalf

Stan Wickham (3)
Agree about Wallabies didn't deserved it, but seemed they also didn't wanted it!

One of the worst rugby match I've ever seen... no continuity, no flowing, disrupted combination both in the English side and in the Wallabies' one too.

Only Mike Brown has been a standout today, from each other players on the field I've seen silly mistakes, handling and tactical errors, brain explosions...

2hrs wasted. :(

M

Moono75

Terrible game. Well done England for grafting out the win. Another case of the Wallabies believing their own press. Grand Slam....please!

The passing the ball through the hands is still absoluting shit. Do some training, its a basic skill. The AB's are masters of opening up the game with fast movement across the field. Too many passes to guys in worse positions.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
FUCKED

Forward are useless. Can't scrum, can't enter a ruck correctly, its fucking embarrassing.
Had to be miss count with Hooper getting he john eales medal.

P

Pokinacha

I cant see what was 50-50 about Browns foot in touch, the Vinapola constantly boring in, and that 'obstruction'.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hooper was the best of a shit bunch. He plays at 1.5x his size; the same cannot be said for other forwards right now

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
lame. choked

talk about shit refereeing. those calls early in the second half gifted the poms the game.

also the ref just handed the english scrum penalties but when the wobs got a push on he just reset.

Timani did nothing i thought, but id probably have to watch again sober

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Still reckon we could have won that game by 15 points. That is the most disappointing aspect of the game. It was ours for the taking but we took the foot off their throat and let them back into the game.

A couple of interesting official decisions, but you need to play better than we did in the second half to ensure that those calls do not shape the result of the game.

Soap Dodgers had about 4 chances to score and they got meat from two of them.

We finished off only one of our 7 chances. That was the difference.

We should thank our stars that Mrs Farrell didn't pack her boy Andy's kicking boots or the margin would have been bigger.

The Raging Potato

Allen Oxlade (6)
We have been rubbish at scrummaging for ages. Why? I'll tell you why. We promote silver spooned private schoolboys from Sydney in our front rows rather than developing the raw hard as nails boys from places like the country. Front Row development in this country should work the simple principal of picking out some hard bastards and honing their skills. That's what the poms do well

Status
Not open for further replies.