• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia Vs. England, Twickenham, 2nd November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Slipper, Moore, Alexander, Horwill, Genia: Pine time for you.

We were bad. At least we were okay against the All Blacks in TRC.

God damn Genia. I know I've made it clear I don't like him but god damn it!
Burgess has a better and quicker pass after his elaborate mating ritual than Genia did tonight. PASS FROM THE GROUD.
You cannot box kick. DO NOT BOX KICK. Even if you could that was NOT the time to do it!
If there are two forwards ready to tackle you and you can offload to someone, offload to someone! Keep it alive, because we all know you lose it in every god damn breakdown.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Do we even have a forward pack?? I forget how many times I was screaming out; "forwards... forwards... forwards...??" and there were none. This has surely got to do with structure and the game plan to keep forwards out wide for phase play. No point focusing on the next phase if you can't win the one in front of you.

I'm done!!! That was terrible - I don't mind loosing to a better team but we totally lost that. England were shit and still won it comfortably.

On a positive: what a wonderful time to be a great up and coming rugby forward!!! Any young forwards out there should be rubbing their hands together - they would also do well to study non-wallaby forwards on how to play the frick'n game.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
We have been rubbish at scrummaging for ages. Why? I'll tell you why. We promote silver spooned private schoolboys from Sydney in our front rows rather than developing the raw hard as nails boys from places like the country. Front Row development in this country should work the simple principal of picking out some hard bastards and honing their skills. That's what the poms do well

It's the scrummaging philosophy we are using. It's a passive way of scrummaging and now we are really getting found out. It needs to change quick fast. The back 5 need to be put on as much notice as the front row.

Crazy Grey

Frank Nicholson (4)
The tv cut out for me for about the first 15 minutes of the second half but can anyone tell me if we strung three fazes together? As far as I could see we didn't in the entire second half. No attempt to contain possession and any attempt to play was instantly foiled by our pitiful handling.

Crazy Grey

Frank Nicholson (4)
Do we even have a forward pack?? I forget how many times I was screaming out; "forwards. forwards. forwards.??" and there were none. This has surely got to do with structure and the game plan to keep forwards out wide for phase play. No point focusing on the next phase if you can't win the one in front of you.

I'm done!!! That was terrible - I don't mind loosing to a better team but we totally lost that. England were shit and still won it comfortably.

On a positive: what a wonderful time to be a great up and coming rugby forward!!! Any young forwards out there should be rubbing their hands together - they would also do well to study non-wallaby forwards on how to play the frick'n game.

I agree on everything except giving up. Never. Even when it means pain beyond pain and one broken door as it does now

the other dave

Bob McCowan (2)
We have been rubbish at scrummaging for ages. Why? I'll tell you why. We promote silver spooned private schoolboys from Sydney in our front rows rather than developing the raw hard as nails boys from places like the country. Front Row development in this country should work the simple principal of picking out some hard bastards and honing their skills. That's what the poms do well
And we've spent too long worrying about mobile front rows... which didn't help us one bit this morning. Blokes like Dan Crowley should be the mold - he earned the nickname 'poisonous garden gnome' for a very, very good reason.

-Edit: I took the poisonous thing too literally and used 'mould' instead of 'mold'.

madflyhalf

Stan Wickham (3)
It's hard to say Moore should hit the pine! I eally can't even think something like that.

I feel for Moore!

He's played his... mmm... 3405th (?!) consecutive game in 2013, but he's still more present than half of the team!

He need a rest for his body that he always puts in front of the line, Moore should not hit the pine, Moore should shot some of his team mates that doesn't deliver as him, but they're still in the mix!

I really hope TPN is on his way back, TPN starting and Fainga'a on the bench for some games, Moore on holiday for a while.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Wallabies were a combination of unlucky (ref) and shit (other), but I guess would have won on another day with another referee and both teams serving the same crap they dished out today. England were bad, too. Mike Brown good, though. Thought Quade went well, too (in attack, his defence was his usual suckiness)

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Depressed. Shit performance, shit referees, England were shit, everything was shit. Time for Ewen to make front row changes. Mowen and Hooper were alright, but as has been said a number of times, my god are we missing pocock and higgers.

Genia was woeful, but was also hounded significantly by the poms (who mostly came from offside positions).

Handling as always screws us over in key moments. Learn to catch the fucking ball?

I have never seen such a shocking display of refereeing. Missing blatant knock ons and having one touch judge who was seemingly the English 16th man doesn't make it easier.

To'omua good at 12, but gee it wouldve been nice to have Leali with the boot.

Quade played alright. Good in attack, one or two interesting decisions and slipped off a few tackles, but also made some pretty important ones.

Horwill still off. TImani still no impact in the collision. Fardy did the shitters but he was in a neck brace if I'm remembering clearly? Moore good.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was watching with a mate in Bangkok so not sure whether it was our partially gold eyes but it seemed like one of the worst refereeing performances we've seen in awhile. It almost seemed the wallaby pigs used the poor ref performance to give up.

Also genia needs waaaay more time on the pine. He has not learned to break his bad habits. Don't copy gregan's breakdown shuffle. It's not a dancefloor.

Quade seemed to wilt - take the VC off him and let.him just play.

But mostly, the pigs should take a loooooong hard look at themselves. Poor heart poor tackling poor commitment. I know we have the majority of our first picks out or on the bench but normally guys would be breaking 'stuff' to bloody well cement themselves in the absence of the first pick players.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just finished watching. Before I point out the absolute armature hour with the officials I will say the wallabies lacked the attacking flare that we saw in the second half of the all blacks test.

Ok, wow. Shit poor refereeing decisions in this game cost the wallabies 14 English points and denied them a great chance at 7 of their own.

The English full back who was great all night was clearly in touch. What should of been a wallaby line out 5m from the English try line turns into a try to the English. You could mark this down as unlucky but then the lazy runners in the Australian defence sets up a huge hole for Farrell to run through to score another try. Blatant obstruction. If you watch the reply Farrell looks strait at squeek being obstructed, Realises the hole is created and takes the line to score.

The scrum was also a joke. The English scrum on their ball was woeful. On ours it was clean. I thought a few times the English should of been penalised however Clancy blew the whistle, reset and waited for an opportunity to penalise Australia.

I thought we were poor however probably still could of won with some half decent officiating

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There is evidently a secret competition between officials to see how many utterly shithouse decisions can be crammed into the 80 minutes.
Mr Clancy and his crew are through to the semi finals.
Obstruction: A difference between mungoball obstruction and union obstruction used to be that pretty much any obstruction in front of the ball is frowned upon in our game whereas there has to be a causal connection in loig to justify a ruling of obstruction.
These fools are not up to understanding whether something influences a game or not let alone whether "there wasn't enough obstruction" as Mr Clancy thought. Any obstruction is enough the only issue is intention. This nitwit does not seem to know the laws he is paid to apply. It is impossible to understand what the replacement hooker was doing in the position he was in other than seeking to obstruct because no prior phase had been anywhere near where he was standing. He must also have been in front of the hindmost foot of his own prior ruck/maul (s).
Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 6.07.53 am.png

The missed touch kick fiasco: The earnest efforts (he stepped infield and was slightly crouched so as to suggest to all watching that he was really on top of his moment in the limelight) of the AR ruling on Brown's effort just shows they simply have no fucking idea what is important. The only thing that clown needed to know was whether Brown was inside or outside the field of play. The only thing he needed to watch was where his feet were.
He did not (a) get in the right spot to make that call or (b) make the right call from the spot he chose.
That was the 2nd kick where To'omua risked failing to make touch - at 13-6 away from home at a crucial point in the game (we go up by another 7 potentially making it very hard for England) is not the time to go chancing your arm on that, IMO.

Vunipola #1 refuses to push straight on our ball - what the fuck is Clancy watching?

Australia were bloody ordinary but in a race to the bottom the officials got there first.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Guess we haven't moved on from the ref :D, how times or standards have changed from the lower tier countries (i.e. Samoa) questioning of officiating standards - to now a general consensus. At least it is consistently shite the world over. Pull your head in IRB refs assoc.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I opted to record it and watch it at a more civil hour, which I have just completed.

I have read the comments on this page only, and they pretty much sum it all up so I see no need to scroll back further.

It would be fair to say that we didn't play well enough and thus didn't deserve to win, but England didn't play well enough to deserve the win either.

So, it comes down to the poor refereeing decisions, in particular:
- the touch call that potentially cost us 5 points and gave England 7
- the ridiculous obstruction call that gave England another 7
- the English penalty tap that had a forward pass and a knock on from the first 2 sets of hands that the ball went through
- when the ref sees it as our fault that the scrum disintegrates its a penalty, when it's their fault it's a reset

All of the officials involved in that game need to be demoted to provincial duties. Disgraceful.

Over and out.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
All of the officials involved in that game need to be demoted to provincial duties.

As long its not in my province.
i think the fool on the far side might have got another one wrong when Kafe suggested it bounced on IF's foot. The ball was taken back in. if it did hit IF's foot then, either, his foot was in touch and it should have gone back to the place of the kick, or, his foot was in the field of play and it should have been an England ball.
Mindless.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wallabies scored all the points in the second Half for England. That was nice of then I thought.

Alexander dosent need pine, he needs to be fucked off. He is the luckiest rugby player getting on a good ride.

This hole team is struggling it's mostly coming down to the forwards and there decision making at ruck time and there amazing scrummaging.
Hooper the main culprit, with very little idea on how to enter the ruck and when to pilfer.... Gives away point or meters. Has also very little impact on the scrum.
Very overrated player in my opinion, but I'm the only one that thinks so as he some how got the JE Medal. Maybe because he alway seems to be everywhere being nusence.

Who the fuck knows where genia is.
Thank fuck falou can catch,

White,cooper,To'omua next week

Forwards ?

Overall.. Wallabies sucked

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Mindless.

Like our forwards.

Slipper did nothing
Alexander better than Slipper around the park but liability in the scrum
Horwill still out of form
Timani should never start again
Mowen has been ineffective since TRC started
Genia also need another rest, how many of his box kicks get charged?

That is why we lost, the refs impact is being overdone. If we hadn't put two reasonable performances in at the end of the TRC things look extremely bleak. Think the players are guilty of getting ahead of themselves after putting away the Pumas and then losing 'well' to the ABs.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Kicking in general is poor. I think coopers general play kicking is improving and was good execution and situationally but genia, folau and To'omua all need to work on when where and how to kick.
God it would be nice to be able to win a kicking dual again a la Latho-era

Status
Not open for further replies.