• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa 8th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
At farking last. Now all we have to do is to forget about the Poooooooper approach and we might stand a chance.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
To'omua kicking at 85% in the Premiership, none of them gimmes in front of goal. Hodge should be the preferred choice, though.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yep, a schoolboy habit gone uncorrected because of his rapid transition to professionalism, similar to Quade and tackling. We've had a real problem with some of our best schoolboy prodigies being blooded too quickly before their weaknesses, masked at lower levels by their other talents, are worked on. Our most well rounded players aren't the ones who signed contracts straight out of school.

Thankfully someone had the sense to hold back Tupou back from Wallaby selection till he got a chance to develop his scrummaging.

Incidentally, those three players, Beale, Cooper and To'omua were the competing No 10s at schoolboy level in the same year. I think from memory Matt might have been a year younger but they were all competing for the same spot at representative level. I think they all were signed by Super teams straight out of schoolboys as well.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I kind of hope it's Hodge. If he can hone his radar he could in theory be the Wallabies kicker for then next 5+ years.

Yeah he's gotten better over the last year or so with more practice. If we persist with him he'd hopefully improve further.

Status
Not open for further replies.