• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa 8th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It would have been moved on to the 'cylindrical file' within minutes of receipt.
MadeupTestyBushbaby-max-1mb.gif

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
SAMU is a lot lighter. I reckon I might have gone with Timu. He maybe lacking in the finer points of union however he’s in the squad.

I know there's no such thing as 'like for like' for Pocock, but Samu is probably the closest and therefore fits the game plan better. He would have been Hooper's cover too I'd say.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I know there's no such thing as 'like for like' for Pocock, but Samu is probably the closest and therefore fits the game plan better. He would have been Hooper's cover too I'd say.

The Pooper is only barely adequate because it is Pocock and Hooper. If one is missing it surely has no merit?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Will be interesting to see if Hooper plays more like Poey on the ball with Samu filling in Hooper's role, or if they just do a straight swap

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The Pooper is only barely adequate because it is Pocock and Hooper. If one is missing it surely has no merit?

Well not really. If the game plan incorporates two mobile back rowers and a big 6 and you've been training for that, and you change that to two big 6s and one mobile back rower the day before the game then that's what has no merit. If they knew at the start of the week different story. It's less than ideal but it makes the most sense this close to the game.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You're suggesting that Pocock's current injury is an Irish carry over with no All Black input?
Mate the All Blacks are the pinnacle of good sportsmanship. They would never intentionally employ a tactic outside the laws of the game to gain some kind of advantage. It's just not in the DNA of the 'greatest sporting team that ever lived'.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You're suggesting that Pocock's current injury is an Irish carry over with no All Black input?

No I wasn't suggesting anything, just saying Wallabies reported the Irish, according to Chuckles.
though I will suggest you blaming the wrong person for Poey's neck injury, he went down from a clean out to Laumape in about the 12th minute.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Owen Franks was actually trying to support David Pocock's neck so he didn't get injured when he awkwardly fell to the ground.

And in the mean time it looks he was specifically targeted in order to get to there. Thumbs up for Franks. The team and their target? Not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.