• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby Development Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

foybus

Frank Row (1)
Yeah Eastwood needs these facilities. That $20 million would go a long way in Penrith. Since they haven't had anything for a few years. Peter who? If the game is not interested in the community it could at least have the guts to come right out with it. The Wbs are a product of this thinking.
Illawarriors ring a bell? in the comp for two seasons before been shown the door

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Right on the money Pascoe. And I don't say that about you often!

The Pascometer has an unerring ability to make a totally wrong call right before being proven totally wrong.....and of course, never admitting to it.

Every now and then, though, he gets one right. I reckon that this is one of those times. I just hope that nothing comes along and proves him wrong in the next few days!

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Rugby has had little to no government handouts and now that rugby may get one some rugby people are complaining?

foybus

Frank Row (1)
really?

talk about a small sandbox
Newcaslte opted out of the Shute Shield comp, they weren't forced out like Canberra and Illawarriors. Would have been great to see the comp have more of a NSW Shute Shield feel then a Sydney one but hey I'd much rather have a national third tier competition at the end of year.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The Wildfires had very little support in Newcastle, at least towards the end of their life. Apparently there was a lot of politics in and around the code, animosity between Maitland (a stronghold), and the rest, if I understood it correctly.

I actually attended their last competition match, a home game (not that they really had a home) out at Charlestown. They thrashed Eastwood, who went on the win the comp that year for the first game.

There was a big banner: "Rugby. The game they play in heaven, and Newcastle".

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Wildfires had very little support in Newcastle, at least towards the end of their life. Apparently there was a lot of politics in and around the code, animosity between Maitland (a stronghold), and the rest, if I understood it correctly.

I actually attended their last competition match, a home game (not that they really had a home) out at Charlestown. They thrashed Eastwood, who went on the win the comp that year for the first game.

There was a big banner: "Rugby. The game they play in heaven, and Newcastle".

Yep, that's what I've gathered from I've heard. Shame really. I like the banner :).

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Let us hope both projects proceed. The Queensland Government needs to put its hand in its pocket, just as the NSW Government is. Then presumably the Feds would match them.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Pretty slow on the news front re the Development Centre. Not sure if this has been mentioned before but a little birdy tells me that North Ryde RSL have demanded a substantial payout if they are to be kicked out before their lease expires.
I wont ever attend the joint if this is true. Anyone know how progress is going and how long the works will take?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I was told that Eastwood licensed club was a million in the red when North Ryde RSL bailed them out. Not sure how much they have put in since, but let us assume that they have continued their subsidy.

Why wouldn't they look for some sort of pay-out? They are not a charity.

T

TOCC

Funding promised to Souths Rabbitohs and Brisbane Lions by the Labor party for there proposed new training facilities have been cut by the liberal government, the ARU facility should be safe given it was a liberal funding promise but all these proposals are in a precarious state at the moment.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Funding promised to Souths Rabbitohs and Brisbane Lions by the Labor party for there proposed new training facilities have been cut by the liberal government, the ARU facility should be safe given it was a liberal funding promise but all these proposals are in a precarious state at the moment.

No incoming government will honour the other side's promises. Howard made a big promise to the ARU before the 2007 poll which Rudd did not honour.

Still no guarantees, but I bet this will go ahead. It is in a marginal seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.