• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
These c**ts better have some plans, they've destroyed what we had, I suppose Kearns will apply for the role once aqain, I wonder if he has any idea what to do apart from re-sign with Fox?
As I've said before, where is the plan? Who is going to implement it? Do these people really have any idea at all what they are doing, or is it just a combination of ego and doing Rupert's bidding?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I wonder if Dave Rennie will stand down now.

Imagine that. The old boys network first move might be the loss of the most promising coaching setup the Wallabies have had in 20 years.

Oh well. We can always just get one of the boys to do it. Which one? Doesn't matter. Turns out they're all qualified for absolutely fucking everything by virtue of being intelligent enough to professionally suffer head trauma.

Besides, there were always going to be some casualties when making Rugby Great Again. Drain the swamp!!1

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
When I visit my parents I sometimes share the ferry with Phil Kearns.

Next time I see him I'm gonna kick him flush in the nuts.

If he becomes CEO, I'm pushing him in the water.

Fuck that bobble-headed poster-child for pointless existence.
You must be due to visit your parents soon. I’m happy to buy the ticket.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
now what?

Depends, if the board do the smart thing they'll recruit like they did last time and get someone worthy of the job. If they can find a like for like replacement not a lot will change. They have plan and will stick to it, seeing as it never got a chance to play out.

If they get one of boys (Kearns):
Rugby will resign will fox for half, maybe less, of the current deal and Rugby will regress into further $ distress, all youth pathways will be cut, female side of the game gone and NRC gone.

Dave Rennie will most likely walk, continuing the embarrassment that is Rugby Australia in the media.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
These c**ts better have some plans, they've destroyed what we had, I suppose Kearns will apply for the role once aqain, I wonder if he has any idea what to do apart from re-sign with Fox?
As I've said before, where is the plan? Who is going to implement it? Do these people really have any idea at all what they are doing, or is it just a combination of ego and doing Rupert's bidding?

I can understand Castle deciding it wasn't worth it, but Kearns is clearly not an upgrade

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Depends, if the board do the smart thing they'll recruit like they did last time and get someone worthy of the job. If they can find a like for like replacement not a lot will change. They have plan and will stick to it, seeing as it never got a chance to play out.

The Canterbury- Bankstown Bulldogs would beg to differ!

Anyhow do you think she will be in the mix for NRL CEO’s gig or another sporting gig?

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Well, some of Raelene's greatest hits are:

- Sacking Israel Folau for non-rugby related reasons and having to pay him a seven-figure settlement as a result;
- Telling Foxtel to walk after they offered the same money for less content, leaving rugby the only major sport without a broadcast partner;
- Not presenting any audited financial statements, leaving stakeholders to speculate as to the true financial position of Australian rugby; and
- Oh, yeah - presiding over the worst run of Wallabies results in recent history.

Add to that she apparently only got the job because a) Cameron Clyne knew her, and b) they needed a woman on the board to make up the numbers, and I'd say her departure is well due.

Of course there's no guarantee that whoever replaces her will be better, but at the very least they've got to go through a better process than the one that appointed her.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

- Sacking Israel Folau for non-rugby related reasons and had to pay him a seven-figure settlement as a result;
- Telling Foxtel to walk after they offered the same money for less content, leaving rugby the only major sport without a broadcast partner;
- Not presenting any audited financial statements, leaving stakeholders to speculate as to the true financial position of Australian rugby; and
- Oh, yeah - presiding over the worst run of Wallabies results in recent history.

Add to that she apparently only got the job because a) Cameron Clyne knew her, and b) they needed a woman on the board to make up the numbers, and I'd say her departure is well due.

Of course there's no guarantee that whoever replaces her will be better, but at the very least they've got to go through a better process than the one that appointed her.

You're an idiot.

The state unions were consulted in the recruitment process for her role and she was the unanimous pick of the states because of her own merit.

Let me be clear: your inability to grasp facts - across all of your statements - shows that this isn't a case of you not knowing enough to have a valid opinion on this matter.

Instead it shows that your logic faculties are broken. You are stupid, and that is a burden that you will have to carry in all aspects of your life for the entirety of your life.

Please go away and be stupid elsewhere. Thank you.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

- Sacking Israel Folau for non-rugby related reasons and having to pay him a seven-figure settlement as a result;

Stopped reading after this because it's factually incorrect and you are clearly retarded.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
well, the captains have got their wish. disappointing really - doubt they thought through the ramifications of probably losing rennie and what this will likely entail.

i think a lot of other potential coaches will increasingly view the wallaby coach position with a great deal of reservations about the size and potency of the poison in the chalice.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Bullshit mate. Utter bullshit.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Complete fuck buckets. Dark day in Aus Rugby.

I hope this doesn’t jeopardise Castle’s achievements:
- Rennie
- Getting RWC27

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Just to be pedantic, this season is former contestants who have been slugging it out since they were last on the show....

And to be fair, most of the contestants on that show do go on to work in the industry, some of whom have worked in the top restaurants in the world.

I don't watch it. Ironically I just stand in the kitchen and cook the dinner.

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Yeah, there's a reason I haven't been posting much on this thread lately. Within a few minutes of criticizing Castle, and I'm a retarded idiot who's talking bullshit.

And of course, any printed criticism is obviously Newscorp propaganda and is probably motivated by sexism too.

Or maybe - just maybe - ten distinguished former Wallaby captains and a host of experienced sports journalists have a point and everyone who's been singing Castle's praises for years on here has been under a certain level of denial.

Just a thought.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
You're an idiot.

The state unions were consulted in the recruitment process for her role and she was the unanimous pick of the states because of her own merit.

Let me be clear: your inability to grasp facts - across all of your statements - shows that this isn't a case of you not knowing enough to have a valid opinion on this matter.

Instead it shows that your logic faculties are broken. You are stupid, and that is a burden that you will have to carry in all aspects of your life for the entirety of your life.

Please go away and be stupid elsewhere. Thank you.

That smacks of typical leftie wankery if you dont agree with some one you insult them. Really, is that the best you can do?Who is the real fool, matey?